Off to War [IC]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora laughed with genuine amusement - this simple, yet apparently honest and kindhearted boy was quite entertaining with his attempt at chivalry. The girl rarely laughed, so at some lower level in her mind she took a liking to Aidan, simply because he made her feel good and happy. "I can't do that to you, especially since you took a beating for me. Thank you all the same though."

Lora's voice rang like a bell, her spirits obviously lifted from her usual cold and detached demeanor. She displayed an authentic smile, and while some part of her was wandering what the hell was happening, an unusually strong sense of hope washed over the girl's mind, as she sent of a silent thought to her Goddess. "Sannaya, perhaps it is time for me to wash over the dirt of the past and start anew..."

"I don't know how, but you managed to make me smile. That's not an easy thing, you know." The young Wizard grinned and pointed her finger at Aidan, and then touched her ponytail as if to check if it's there. "Call me Lora."

Theroc

First Post
"I can't do that to you, especially since you took a beating for me. Thank you all the same though."

Aidan was glad she didn't take it the wrong way, as he'd feel rather awkward looking out for her if she thought he was less than honest. At first, Aidan wasn't sure if she was laughing at him or not, but after a moment and her reply, the farmboy could tell she wasn't upset or derisive. Not that he knew the word derisive...

"I don't know how, but you managed to make me smile. That's not an easy thing, you know."

Aidan chuckled lightly at this.

"Call me Lora."

"I sorta guessed ya weren't much fer smiling... but I made ya laugh too." He smirked with a friendly chuckle, before turning to look at the soldier as well as they continued walking toward the camp.

"So, uh, Lora..." He began, not sure exactly how to ask the question without again looking suspicious, but he knew no 'tactful' way to ask, "Where... do ya plan on stayin'? Are ya stayin' in tha camp? Er didya have a room in town'er somethin'?"

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora leered her head to the side. "Yes well I wasn't actually planning on spending the night here. I thought it would be much easier to find a man when i have drawing of him. I guess i thought wrong. I suppose walking back to town is not the smartest thing to do right now, so I'll have to spend the night here. - The girl paused for a bit and looked around. - preferably away from any more potential suitors."

Theroc

First Post
"Yes well I wasn't actually planning on spending the night here. I thought it would be much easier to find a man when i have drawing of him. I guess i thought wrong. I suppose walking back to town is not the smartest thing to do right now, so I'll have to spend the night here."

Aidan blinked. "Well, it's only easy if ya know where 'e gone..." Came the simple reply.

"Preferably away from any more potential suitors."

Aidan chuckled lightly. "Aye, I'll keep an eye out and raise a ruckus if I notice anythin' amiss. That is, o' course, if ya wan' yer bedding near mine." The boy offered, knowing no better way to protect the girl.

"Though, I be wondering where we stash our reward so's we don't get mugged in camp..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The two make it back to the divide between the camps as a mounted patrol use the space as a road to set off for the western woods. Every third man carries a torch while others carry long then lances.

The patrol is lost in sight to the thick trees but the horses can stil be heard tromping through the brush. The guard tells them to go across and watches as they move towards the chaotic spree of tents, fires and bedding. After he is sure they are safely in the irregulars camp he turns to walk off.

Myth and Legend

First Post
"Right, let's find Fallon and deliver the message from Lord Bairan. Maybe he'll know of a safe place to sleep as well." Lora looked around cautiously and mounted her glaive on her shoulder, in such a way that she could easily raise it and start swinging.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan nodded, not saying anything as he looked about. His weapons remained on his belt, but he knew he was just about as good with as without. He didn't really have anything to add to the discussion at the current time, and so chose to focus on looking for Fallon, and following Lora, should she begin moving in any particular direction.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Heading back to the spot were you encountered Loreen's suitor, you decide to head off towards where you first saw fallon taking to the group of men.

After about ten minutes of looking around the quiet chaotic campsites you see Fallon sitting on a camp stool near a small fire. He seems to be cooking something in a round pot even this late in the evening.

A donkey sleeps off to one side of the site it's lead line dangly down as if it was chewed through. Other gear and bedrolls lay scattered about and none are in use at the moment.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora grinned at the donkey - she found the animals amusing, with their long ears rotating around. "Hello Fallon, we have sucessfuly delivered the message, and come back with an answer from Lord Bairan." The girl spoke with a calm tone and waited for the old man to answer.

Old people were taking things slowly all the time, which made sense, even if Lora was more hot headed by nature. She did contradict herself, by being impulsive but having the need to think over everything at the same time, although the girl would never admit it to another.

Theroc

First Post
"Hello Fallon, we have sucessfuly delivered the message, and come back with an answer from Lord Bairan."

"Aye, we did... though 'is soldiers nearly loosed steel on us 'fore that..." Aidan grumbled afterwards, looking about somewhat anxiously. As it was, he had no official position in the Irregulars, or any other sort of service... he was just a farmboy. However, he also had an insignia which indicated Lord Bairan's favor, to some degree or another.

Remove ads