Off to War [IC]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Brew of the Fellhand." the dwarf whispers reverently, taking the bottle in both hands with care. "Truly,.."

"And, and you don't need that either, Martomum." the old man says snatching the bottle. "You have, have a missing Outrider remember?" He gives a short bow again to Hralgar, handing him the bottle. "Best, best to keep that till the Outrider is found," he says. Then a with a grin and a wink he adds, "That would, would make a fine celebration drink would it not?"

Jumping at Fallon's words, Martomum kicks over the stool and exclaims, "Ye be right Fallon! Be no trouble ta search and then a little o' the Fellhand to celebrates." The dwarf stalks from the fire towards the woods. "Ye three comes on be wastin' drinkin time."

Fallon shrugs his shoulders, "Well not, not excatly what I had in mind. You had best go after him." He tells the three warriors. "Best, best I find some others to help you. No way he'll wait for anyone." The old man sighs, and starts to chuckle. Then walks away from the fire deeper into camp.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Watching Martomum disappear into the brush Trinham, Shinn, and Hralfgar stare at each other. Then the three look towards where Fallon disappeared. Shrugging their shoulders as one, they start to gather together their belongings and then head after the determined dwarf.

As they walk towards the forest the setting sun drops to below the treetops. Entering the shadow of the forest is one thing, but when they pass the treeline and enter the thick woods it is like the world is already at full dusk.

The features on their faces are hard to make out and not much can be seen. Then someone asks "Anyone have a torch? I don't think we should...."

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/258748-search-dark.html

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora was done drawing the portrait - a fairly good sketch of her brother's features. She paid for her mead, the serving girl scoffing at Lora when she was given the exact amount, to which The young Wizard replied with a forced grin, showing a bit of teeth, and left the Inn quickly, both pieces of paper rolled in and tucked away in her pocket.

The day was quickly running out, the blanket of stars now apparent beneath the fading sky. "Alright Ginger, the plan is to go in, get my brother, and get out. What do you think?"

Out of her right pocket a little red-furred rat poked it's head out and chirped. In her mind Lora received a brief mental image of a big chunk of cheese. The girl sighed and scratched the rat's head with her gentle finger, and strode out of the town's edge, still drawing some eyes to her. "You know i really can't wait for you to become old enough to talk. But you better not be asking for cheese all the time!"

Lora grinned, showing cute dimples on her cheeks, and quickly refastened her ponytail before heading on.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Lora approaches camp...

The hustle of the camp ahead of her seems confusing, people moving here and there, yelling for this item or that (mainly arms and armor), and some even heading away from camp into the woods.

As you approach the first fire ring, two men hurry by back towards town. And still more head towards the woods to the west.

An old man in a worn robe stands in the center of a horseshoe ring of men. They all seem to be listening to him...

Theroc

First Post
Aidan had finally arrived. The great encampment. Truth be told, it didn't look any fancier than if a bunch of farmer's pitched camp rather than built cabins. The most significant difference was the number of people roaming about. That and the fact that most wore armor on their bodies, which the Burke boy unfortunately could not afford. He continued approaching the camp, muttering to himself.

"I'll get enough money to cure your illness even if it kills me, father..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Adian enters camp...

"Whoa!! Youngin out the way!", a large man shouts at Aidan as he and three others trot past to join the forming circle of men. They push past him, and one nearly knocks him to the ground. Maybe it is all the armor they wear, that makes it impossible to turn quickly.

As Aidan gets to the circle of twenty men he notices a petite girl, standing off to the side but listening, he turns quickly back to the group as she sees him staring.

In the middle of the group a thin old man stands in a baggy robe. He turns to look at the group and then says, "Alright, alright then listen all of you," he shouts to be heard above the muttering men.

"For you,you who don't now this yet one of the Outriders has not returned to camp yet." he starts. With this statement all heads turn as one to see the setting sun some start to shake.

"Excatly, excalty right. You all know, know that noone should be out in the forest after dark this close to the wilds." he says to nods of agreement. "Gnolls, bugbear, and other, other creatures are just a small part of the troubles in the wilds. You must, must be careful."

"So go, go out in your assigned patrols. Anyone, anyone not in a patrol and still wanting to help please, please step closer." The old man stands and watches the patrols head off and then looks in your direction hopeful.

Theroc

First Post
The boy's eye caught a young girl near the circle, and curious, he couldn't help himself but stare, wondering what a girl like that was doing around a camp full of men. Suddenly he hears a man shouting to get out of the way, and Aidan realized a man was charging in his direction from behind.

Aidan whirled aside, ducking into a roll to get out of the men's way, nearly getting an ankle crushed underfoot before he pulled it swiftly to himself, before rising swiftly, to watch. Hearing comments about a missing man, Aidan immediately stepped closer to the large man.

"So, you said something 'bout a missin' outrider?" Aidan asked, glancing to the girl momentarily before returning his attention to the thin old man. "Is anybody already searchin'?"

Myth and Legend

First Post
The sights, smells and noises of the military camp brought bitter memories to Lora's mind, but the girl did not let her past overwhelm her. All the gruff, rugged men shouting around her made the girl uneasy still, but her resolve vastly outszed her frame.

When she approached what seemed to be a group of men preparing to set out as a search party, Lora could not help but overhear the conversation. She also noticed а boy about her age, eying her from the distance. Lora was used to men and lads alike, with their greasy stares and base intentions, but they usually gave up once they saw her storm cloud of a face, or the coldness of her eyes.

Unfortunately the tanned, dark haired lad was too far away from Lora to glimpse her unfavorable reaction, so the girl simply wrinkled her button nose as if saying "What are you looking at?!" and moved closer towards the fire.

Upon hearing the details about some group of soldiers gone missing, the girl's heart skipped a beat - Lora was quite aware of how sour fate could be with her and her family, and now feared the worst.

"Old man, - the girl interrupted the speaker somewhat abruptly, but without rudeness in her voice. - the outriders you speak of, was this man - Lora revealed the picture of her brother's face she had drawn earlier. - present amongst them? His name is Arthur Winmer."

Lora's voice delegated some urgency, but she mostly tried to seem calm and collected, not paying heed to the wolf pack around her.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Now, now wait a minute," the old man says to the barrage of questions. "One, one at a time please." Then he listen to each person in turn.

To Adian he says, "Yes their, their are men already looking. I saw your display of agility would, would you be willing to do me a large favor?" and then he turns to Lora, listening to her question and looking at the portrait. He shakes his head, "I know, know noone who looks like this young man. I am sorry, sorry. And, and I have no clue who are missing Outrider is."

Looking at the two young people a smile wrinkling his face. "Please, please follow, follow me." He says starting off towards another part of the camp.

Leaving the two newcomers standing their by themselves.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora shook her head with a serious expression, her ponytail waving around in an inappropriately cheerful manner. Since it was obvious that the old man could not help her, the girl frowned at his back and stormed off, looking for someone in charge of the recruits or militia men.

Last edited:

Remove ads