Proposal:PH Heroes Series 1

ukingsken

First Post
I'm not too comfortable with the rogue power, Probing Strike. Seems like after every battle, the monsters will go to a therapist, who will produce an anatomically correct doll and ask them, "Now where did the bad rogue touch you?"

Maybe I'm missing something... 1w+Dex and a +1 to hit on attacks in the same round.. They might feel violated but would counseling really be necessary? I'm sure just a stern talking to would suffice.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I can't actually look at the powers, so I can't really say whether I have a problem with it or not. I'm guessing it's somewhat more than, say, Cloud of Daggers?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Not sure how much i'm allowed to say but assuming he's talking about Chilling Cloud
It's an area attack that does int mod damage, on a hit, with an effect of -2 to attack rolls till end of your next turn.

I'd say it's decidedly less powerful than cloud of daggers in my opinion.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Something to note is that the penalty only happens while they're in the cloud. If they can move out before attacking, they're fine. Amusingly since it doesn't affect allies (not even the damage), you can center it on the defender. Wizards are lacking a bit in the party-friendly aoe, so maybe this is supposed to balance that out a little. I think it's very strong, but not overpowered.

elecgraystone

First Post
I'll be all over Eldrich strike if it passes. I've been looking for a melee attack. :D

I can tell you that the card lists the power as being for Class: warlocks(all).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Tried it out in the Character builder and I can't find a way short of Human 3rd at will, or Half Elf Dillattante to actually select it, tempted to call CS on Eldrich Strike.

elecgraystone

First Post
LOL That's because a warlock by the book can NEVER change his at wills because they've been given as a class feature. :confused:

Yeah, it's the first thing I always house-rule out. I can pick any other power, even from other pact powers, but unlike everyone else I'm stuck with the at-wills? Lame.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ok, took another look at these today, and I'm fine with Chilling Cloud - it does trivial damage and the wizard has to keep reusing their standard to keep up the effect, rather than just a sustain minor.

So YES on all of these.

Remove ads