New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Goldhammer

First Post
"Thanks." Torqua replies, a little annoyed at the Bugbear's sense of humor, ever through she had to admit breaking chairs was kinda funny. "I'll try to return the favor by not eating you."

Speaking of eating, it had just dawned on Torqua that it she hadn't eaten since she got here. She waves down a barmaid and orders herself a large plater of sausages, fried tomatos, chips and other unpleasently greasey pub food. When it finally arrives, she eagerly digs in. "Mmm, not too bad. Maybe a little burnt but it's still pretty good." She says between mouthfuls. "So, anyway, tell me more about these dead-guys. Were they like zombies or something?"

Farce

First Post
Vargaal will also grab some food, enjoying whatever Torque orders.

"They is not real dead, just, uh... they kneel before that picture. They say picture is of the Lauto. They say he is leader of all the dead. I ask why, if he so powerful, is he just a picture? They send me out then to go collect more golds. I thinks they is stoopid, pictures can't crush you. I can" the bugbear declares proudly, he accentuates the point by squeezing one of the tomatoes and the red vegetable turns to paste in his beefy hands.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The door of the hange man opens. A shady character is standing on the entrance, it's shape obscure by the afternoon sun rays, that sneak into the tavern like mice in a granary. When the door closes, it reveals little for those who made up expectation. A thin tiny man, dressed in exotic tunics and clothes, fashioning a long thin beard and moustaches, and sporting a turban. The fragile looking man took a step inside, doubt in his face, not completely sure of what to do, it seemed.
Seeing the barkeeper, he approached quickly to the bar with fast short steps. Both men exchanged some words, and seems like if the bartender is explaining something to him. The stranger nods repeatedly.
Both shakes hands and the man walks a few steps into the middle of the room, and cleared his voice, coughing slightly.
"Sdears psatrsons ofs sthe Han-ged Man" the terribly accented man found the name of the tavern nearly unpronounceable. "I'sm sambassadors Shuman Jazafir ofs sa Glorious Sity ofs Asamadar"
He glanced at the patrons, examining their responses. Seeing his words seem quite complicate to understand, he makes a pause, unrolls a scroll he has been carrying in his belt, and chants a few unintelligible words. Magic sprouts from his fingers and from the scroll, just a short flash of turquoise energy, and the man was already storing the scroll in his belt again.
"*Cogh* I'm ambassador Shuman of the Glorious city of Asamadar from the Blazing Sands Desert. I have come to Dauton seeking help for my Lord. The local authorities said they had enough trouble to bring any of their resources at my disposal. I have come before you humbly, to request your assistance. My city is in dire need of help. I'm authorized to give 20 gp to each brave soul who wants to travel with me, and have an audience with my Lord." The man finishes his speak, and sits down at a nearby vacant table.

[Sblock=Shuman apparence]
academy_04u_arch_mage.jpg
[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"*Cogh* I'm ambassador Shuman of the Glorious city of Asamadar from the Blazing Sands Desert. I have come to Dauton seeking help for my Lord. The local authorities said they had enough trouble to bring any of their resources at my disposal. I have come before you humbly, to request your assistance. My city is in dire need of help. I'm authorized to give 20 gp to each brave soul who wants to travel with me, and have an audience with my Lord." The man finishes his speak, and sits down at a nearby vacant table.

"Well Vargaal, it seems work has found us. If you'll excuse me."

Torqua downs her food as quick as a flash and gets up to talk to the ambassador. "Excuse me, Mr. Shuman? You said you needed brave souls? I'm Torqua Debu, sorceress extraordinair. Mind if I sit down?" The huge woman asks, sitting down on two seats. "I would be delighted to meet with your lord. What exactly does he need help with?"

Farce

First Post
The door of the hange man opens. A shady character is standing on the entrance, it's shape obscure by the afternoon sun rays, that sneak into the tavern like mice in a granary. When the door closes, it reveals little for those who made up expectation. A thin tiny man, dressed in exotic tunics and clothes, fashioning a long thin beard and moustaches, and sporting a turban. The fragile looking man took a step inside, doubt in his face, not completely sure of what to do, it seemed.
Seeing the barkeeper, he approached quickly to the bar with fast short steps. Both men exchanged some words, and seems like if the bartender is explaining something to him. The stranger nods repeatedly.
Both shakes hands and the man walks a few steps into the middle of the room, and cleared his voice, coughing slightly.
"Sdears psatrsons ofs sthe Han-ged Man" the terribly accented man found the name of the tavern nearly unpronounceable. "I'sm sambassadors Shuman Jazafir ofs sa Glorious Sity ofs Asamadar"
He glanced at the patrons, examining their responses. Seeing his words seem quite complicate to understand, he makes a pause, unrolls a scroll he has been carrying in his belt, and chants a few unintelligible words. Magic sprouts from his fingers and from the scroll, just a short flash of turquoise energy, and the man was already storing the scroll in his belt again.

Vargaal's mouth hangs open as the man speaks. "Wait, you from a whole land of desserts? Like there is pies everywhere? I hope there is ratberry pie, it's my favourite. What is a Blay-zing Sands? Is that a new dessert? Vargaal likes them very much. I am so happy that the gold-giver comes, I thought the dead-guys were tricking Vargaal, but they say 'Vargaal, you go to that building, you say "I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth, I need some gold and told to come here. I can smash, or cut, or collect golds from those that owes it to you" and you wait, someone come over to you and say "I want to give you golds and you crush or kill or collect other golds for them". So Mr. nice fancy hat and magick man I can come with you?" the bugbear asks hopefully, already walking to the empty table.

Goldhammer

First Post
Vargaal's mouth hangs open as the man speaks. "Wait, you from a whole land of desserts? Like there is pies everywhere? I hope there is ratberry pie, it's my favourite.

"I'm afraid he's talking about a desert, a land made of mostly sand and little water. I'm not sure if they'll have any Ratberry pie, unless they import it." Torqua explains, chuckling under her breath. "Forgive him Mr. Shuman, he has own sense of humor."

Then the fat sorceress smiles a sly smile and leans in close to the ambassador. "However, I've heard of rare treats found in Asamadar. Fine wines, spicy foods, a treat called Asamadar Delight." Torqua says. Would your Glorious lord be so kind as to share with us just a little of your fine food?"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The middle age man watched curious at the two in front of him. He can't but to smile at the bugbear's reaction.

"As this exquisite woman says"
Shuman bows his head slightly towards Torqua, waving the feather in his turban. "My homland is palced on the entrance of a huge desert, land that knows no rain, no river or lake. Our only source of water are the oasis scattered among the dunes. I'll explain the issue that brings me to this fine establishment:
There are many cities in the blazing sand desert, each controls an oasis, which provides fresh water to it's inhabitants. Water is a crucial resource, without which our magnificent cities and growing commerce would wither and perish.
About a week ago, the aqueduct that connected the oasis with our city ran dry, and no one knows why. We have sent a group of mercenaries to investigate, but they never returned. We fear our dear oasis have run dry for some unexplainable reason.
Currently, we are at peace with the other nations of the desert, and they have no reason to harm us, since Asamadar is the window to the rest of the world. Without us, they couldt get access to all the goods we import from other lands.
We have no clue of what might be the reason, but we need the issue solved."

When questioned about the food by the sorceress, the man toys with his rings-full fingers. “I’m sure my lord won’t be so rude as to deny a beautiful woman her fair share of local delicatessen.”
“You two are welcome to travel to Asamara, although I won’t depart before gathering at least 2 more willing adventurers. The last group we sent was small, and the desert claimed their lives, more likely. A bigger group means that there will by more chances of succeeding in this task.”

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=VV]
Just an FYI, with Fire & Ice ending there should be 2 level 2 defenders (pally & warden), 1 lvl 2 striker (sorcerer), and a level 2 str-cleric coming
[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
The bugbear is clearly disappointed at the lack of pies. He then smiles after a few moments of thought, his face contorting as if he is deeply pondering something. "Wait, I can bring ratberry pies with me, that's ok. You still give the gold for the crushing, right? Bad guys steal your water, I will crush them, then, you give me the golds and I eat the pie. It will be fun. Me and my new friend here, she can make fire you know, we can do it together. I hope more come in like us." Vargaal replies, clearly satisfied with his conclusions of the situation.

He then gets up and walks to the door, opens it and stands outside for a moment "HEY EVERYONE, A GOLD-GIVER NEEDS SOME MORE TO GIVE HIS GOLD TO. COME IN, HURRY UP, WE CAN HAVE RATBERRY PIE!" the bugbear trying to draw more into the tavern...with marginal success.

He comes back in and sits down, "Uh, so you ...uh...like...um...stuff?" Vargaal asks Shuman, the bugbear's inablity to make small talk evident.

Llama_Bill

First Post
A large Goliath strides through the portal and takes a spot at the bar and sits on the nearest stool. As he rests his hammer against the bar next to his stool he roots in his bag for a small metal cup. As he places it upon the bar he says with a nod: "I'm Kavac, keep that filled with something strong and where can I get some work and a good meal?"
Taking his newly filled cup he leaves a gold on the bar and turns round to see to see who's filling the space.

Remove ads