New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev sits, opposite the man, keeping his eye on the door. This one can't tell a lie to save his life and he doesn't trust the outsider. Can I really blame him though? Until able companions arrived, the shifter looks briefly at the dwarf and warlock, I couldn't trust anybody either. Not even my own mother. Taking a sip of his ale, not even losing part of the conversation, the shifter asks, "Y-Y-Your friend, c-c-can y-you give a description."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane's nose twitches a bit after his host speaks. What ever insight he gathered was quickly erased by the offering of ale.

Incarnation does not even have to look at the waitress; they know better than to serve him. Instead he continue to wait, saying only, Your words are as smoke and life—ephemeral. I can wait longer than any else here; the truth will out.

The sorcerer walks next to the table after the gestures of the man. He now looks perplex at the man, so evidently deploying a lie. If there was something dangerous to face, it was better to know the situation fully.
"A pleasure to make you acquittance, I'm Sheng of the Zim Clan." Sheng bows respectively to the ones sitting on the table. He remains standing. "I understand your concern, I've lost many of my clan members." he offers stoically. "I suppose that you wish us to wipe the criminal's facilities and return the freedom to your friend, but given the fact that you are evidently not telling the entire truth, or concealing part of it, I'll give you two choices: Don't lie to me, or don't pretend that I risk my safety in order to achieve anything for you."

The eladrin looks up, mustering the forming group.
"If you need one more, I will gladly help." He says, looking straight at the elf.

Rurdev sits, opposite the man, keeping his eye on the door. This one can't tell a lie to save his life and he doesn't trust the outsider. Can I really blame him though? Until able companions arrived, the shifter looks briefly at the dwarf and warlock, I couldn't trust anybody either. Not even my own mother. Taking a sip of his ale, not even losing part of the conversation, the shifter asks, "Y-Y-Your friend, c-c-can y-you give a description."

Alfred sat back in his chair, his fingers running over the edge of his glass. He looked between the men and hurriedly waved the eladrin to sit down once he came over. It seemed he was considering his next course of action very carefully.

"Very well." He says after a few moments. "My friend is a warforged named Grabbag. He was not kidnapped, not before my eyes anyway. He broke into the theatre, two days ago in the middle of the night. The whole bloody place had just been redone, and the word on the street was that Moozle had some very expensive pieces commissioned. Something about his sponsor and Mauros.

"Grabag never comes out. I've had a pair of eyes on that place for tow days now and no sign of him. I tried to sneak in myself, but he's got his own man working at night, since he's about to open his big show."

He looks pointedly at the sorcerer for the nest statement. "Hey, I didn't ask anyone to risk getting hurt, or even sneak in. That's up to you guys. But I mean, look at yourselves. You look like dangerous adventurers to mean. Just tell Moozle that your concerned about security or something"

And finally to Rurdev, "Grabbag is about five two. Slim for a forged. On his right hand, the last finger is not colored like the rest, cause he lost it in a brawl and had it replaced with a fake. He can pull it right off." He holds up his own hand and points to his pinky finger.

This time around he sounds different, and certainly more confident. There are no obvious flasehoods.

EDIT:
[sblock=Away]A reminder, I will be away from this evening till Sunday Evening. I may get one last time to post before then. We will start the adventure on Monday, more than likely. We have space for one more, and preference will be given to a controller or leader.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Much better now, retrieving your lost construct would not be a problem now that the information at our disposal is not twisted with lies." offers the oriental man, simply.

Goldhammer

First Post
'Excuse me, Gentlemen. Are you still looking hired help?' Says a massively obese dark-skinned woman, getting up from a nearby table and putting on a warm smile. Nearly three times as wide as a regular human, how you did not notice a woman of such size is a bit of a mystery. She's dressed in a white and black robe with leather armour over it. 'Sorry, but I couldn't help but over hear your conversation and I was wondering if you'd be willing to let me tag along on your little rescue mission.' She adds, adjusting her gold-rimmed glasses.

She holds out her hand in friendship to the group. 'Please call me Torqua Debu. I'm a freelance sorceress of sorts and I'm sure I could be of some use to you.'

[sblock=OCC]Torqua Debu Level 1 Dragon Sorceress. Still waiting approval.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Much better now, retrieving your lost construct would not be a problem now that the information at our disposal is not twisted with lies." offers the oriental man, simply.

'Excuse me, Gentlemen. Are you still looking hired help?' Says a massively obese dark-skinned woman, getting up from a nearby table and putting on a warm smile. Nearly three times as wide as a regular human, how you did not notice a woman of such size is a bit of a mystery. She's dressed in a white and black robe with leather armour over it. 'Sorry, but I couldn't help but over hear your conversation and I was wondering if you'd be willing to let me tag along on your little rescue mission.' She adds, adjusting her gold-rimmed glasses.

She holds out her hand in friendship to the group. 'Please call me Torqua Debu. I'm a freelance sorceress of sorts and I'm sure I could be of some use to you.'

"Lady," He says turning to the sorceress. "You'll have to excuse me, but I've only got so much money here, and I don't need to go through that again." He turns away from her, a bit rudely, and goes back to the group.

[sblock=Goldhammer]While I find you're character concept very interesting, and I think you're character might open up certain options for the party, I don't think I can take you on at this time. Your character sheet does not seem ready for play.

I specifically noticed that you're powers were missing their secondary effects. If you'd like, later this evening I can try and run it through my Character builder and give you more specifics.[/sblock]

Alfred turns back to the group, reaches through one of the slits in his robe, and tosses a bag of coin on the table.

"One hundred fifty gold." He smiles coily. "If you can find my friend and return him alive, and be as reasonable as my new friend here," he indicates Sheng. "Then I'll meet you tomorrow at sunset, in front of Doghead alley, next to the library, with a matching set of coins. Are we in agreement?"

[sblock=The Group]Thread coming soon![/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Very well." He says after a few moments. "My friend is a warforged named Grabbag. He was not kidnapped, not before my eyes anyway. He broke into the theatre, two days ago in the middle of the night. The whole bloody place had just been redone, and the word on the street was that Moozle had some very expensive pieces commissioned. Something about his sponsor and Mauros.
Incarnation sits passively through the discussion, but the mention of one of the Five causes his finger to twitch just slightly.
"If you can find my friend and return him alive, and be as reasonable as my new friend here," he indicates Sheng. "Then I'll meet you tomorrow at sunset, in front of Doghead alley, next to the library, with a matching set of coins. Are we in agreement?"
The warforged says nothing, but nods solemnly. He stands and then follows the man out of the bar, smoke trailing behind.

OOC: Still would like a leader...

Voda Vosa

First Post
The oriental man didn't even nod, as there was not need. He simply follows the man outside, walking with short, calculated strides.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Alright, but if you ever need a sorceress, look me up." Torqua says as the group leaves. Sighing, the large lady heads back to the bar and sits down on a barstool, causing it to creak in pain. "Well I'm sure something will come up." She mutters quietly to herself, ordering herself another drink.

[sblock=OCC]Thanks for pointing out the missing secondary effects, ScorpiusRisk. I think I've fixed it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1

Qynn follows the call of adventure and leaves the tavern.

[sblock=OOC]

Has still to be approved.

No controller or leader, but he has at least some (close) burst powers.

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade