New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC to H.H.Gimlord]Just know that Talon isn't much of a Controller yet. In fact, not at all. Maybe at higher level with more multiclass feats, but for now he can wildshape and do a single beast-form attack once per encounter. I would much rather have had a full druid with multiclass to get the beastmaster ranger companion, but there is no feat for that yet. Maybe in the new Primal book there will be and I can retool later.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Pheonix8008]
Just know that Talon isn't much of a Controller yet. In fact, not at all. Maybe at higher level with more multiclass feats, but for now he can wildshape and do a single beast-form attack once per encounter. I would much rather have had a full druid with multiclass to get the beastmaster ranger companion, but there is no feat for that yet. Maybe in the new Primal book there will be and I can retool later.

NP. We'll play it by ear.

I just bought PP, and I'm reading through it. I'm also interested in the new class features that are offered in there.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Link to adventure thread]OK. I got the thread started. I'm going ahead with an a priori assumption that judge approval is forthcoming. I imagine if we hound 'em in the discussion thread enough times, we'll get what comes to the squeaky wheel.

Go ahead and meet me over in Hey! That's not Wayne's Basement!

[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
As the group of adventurers head out the door, a dingy dwarf shuffles in after their departure. His nose perks up as he rubs shoulders with the brewmaster in passing. The dwarf for the most part looks like he just crawled out of a sewer. The scale mail is dirty and rusted with bits missing while his beard is unkept. In one arm is a shield that has the Hammer of Moradin emblazened on it. His belt is outfited with handaxes for easy access. But his main weapon appears to be a waraxe with an oversized head that does not appear to be balanced correctly.

Now dat der be a quest me try fer free! Save da ale, save da world. But me down to me last crown again. Hope coin come soon.

Dane nods to Rurdev but sits next to Incarnation. He flops into the chair causing it to give a creek.

Yo 'car. Why ya her'? Didn't tink ya ate or drank? The dwarf looks around as if he forgot something. Uh', mi name's Dane.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shortly after the dwarf enters the tavern, a human dressed in green and gold enters the tavern. A man most certainly, donned in a heavy tunic of strange design, and sporting a round hat. Those familiar with the Empire of Jade would recognize the style as belonging to that far away land.
The lined eyes of the man ran quickly over the patrons, and he gracefully moves to the bar, his tunic waving behind him.
"I'm here looking for a man" he states to the barman, although loud enough for anyone willing to hear. "He dresses like me, and has seen many more winters than I. Have you heard of such person?"

Cleaning a mug with a rag, the barkeeper answers, keeping his eyes focused in the mug.
"Nay, can't say I have. But ask around, there's plenty of people here."

With a short bow, tilting his head down, the man walks away, and fins an empty table, at which he sits ceremoniously.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon d'Cealis, Eladrin Warlord 2

Riardon winks a last time before he leave the tavern.

Some time later, an eladrin looking a bit like him enters.

Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1

He wears a leather armor and carries some weapons and a backpack of normal design, his hair silver and his eyes a deep blue.

"My name is Qynn d'Caelis. Looking for work." He says, looking around.

[sblock=OOC]
My second character.

Has still to be approved.
-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Chilling Blow
Daily Powers: Sweeping Frostblade

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
An older looking elven man shuffles into the Tavern. He wears a mix of brown and orange cloth, folded into a robe, and upon his chest hangs a simple wooden simple, that appears to be half a sun, cut diagonally by a curved line.

He composes himself for a second, seeming tired and overwhelmed before announcing his presence.

"Excuse me, good heroes of the Hanged Man Tavern. My name is brother Alfred Duger, and my dear friend has been kidnapped. I am in dire need of you're aid."

[Sblock=Adventure Info]
A Night at the Opera is an adventure for a level 2(ish) party. Level 3 and 1 adventurers will also be accepted.

It involves the gangs of Daunton, the Merchants of Bacarate, and the theatre, of course.

It is approximately six encounters long, depending on your actions.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation focuses on the old elf a moment, saying nothing to his dwarven companion as he concentrates.[sblock=OOC]Any tie to the Five, perchance?[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Shortly after the dwarf enters the tavern, a human dressed in green and gold enters the tavern. A man most certainly, donned in a heavy tunic of strange design, and sporting a round hat. Those familiar with the Empire of Jade would recognize the style as belonging to that far away land.
The lined eyes of the man ran quickly over the patrons, and he gracefully moves to the bar, his tunic waving behind him.
"I'm here looking for a man" he states to the barman, although loud enough for anyone willing to hear. "He dresses like me, and has seen many more winters than I. Have you heard of such person?"

Cleaning a mug with a rag, the barkeeper answers, keeping his eyes focused in the mug.
"Nay, can't say I have. But ask around, there's plenty of people here."

With a short bow, tilting his head down, the man walks away, and fins an empty table, at which he sits ceremoniously.

Maybe. Does he hav' 1 eye?

Riardon d'Cealis, Eladrin Warlord 2
Riardon winks a last time before he leave the tavern.

Some time later, an eladrin looking a bit like him enters.
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1
He wears a leather armor and carries some weapons and a backpack of normal design, his hair silver and his eyes a deep blue.
"My name is Qynn d'Caelis. Looking for work." He says, looking around.
[sblock=OOC]
My second character.

Has still to be approved.
-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Chilling Blow
Daily Powers: Sweeping Frostblade

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

Dane does a double take as he thought he saw the same eladrin enter and leave around the same time. He tips up his mug and looks in the bottom of it. He then shrugs his shoulders and finishes his ale.

An older looking elven man shuffles into the Tavern. He wears a mix of brown and orange cloth, folded into a robe, and upon his chest hangs a simple wooden symbol, that appears to be half a sun, cut diagonally by a curved line.

He composes himself for a second, seeming tired and overwhelmed before announcing his presence.

"Excuse me, good heroes of the Hanged Man Tavern. My name is brother Alfred Duger, and my dear friend has been kidnapped. I am in dire need of you're aid."

[Sblock=Adventure Info]
A Night at the Opera is an adventure for a level 2(ish) party. Level 3 and 1 adventurers will also be accepted.

It involves the gangs of Daunton, the Merchants of Bacarate, and the theatre, of course.

It is approximately six encounters long, depending on your actions.[/sblock]

Oy', I be help if need be. Name is Dane. I can buckle da knees of some 'nappers.

Dane stands up and hobbles over to the elf while wiping dry some of the ale that was caught on his beard.

Me a bit short on coin, so dar be a fee? A dwaf' gots ta eat.

[sblock=OOC] Dane Thoradin, 2nd level dwarven fighter, awaiting approval. He's had a run in with a gang of wererats in Daunton. I don't know if that's the same type of gang you had in mind . . .[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane said:
Oy', I be help if need be. Name is Dane. I can buckle da knees of some 'nappers.

Dane stands up and hobbles over to the elf while wiping dry some of the ale that was caught on his beard.

Me a bit short on coin, so dar be a fee? A dwaf' gots ta eat.

"Oh yes." The elf says with some relief. "I have some money left in my expenses and I of course would be willing to pay. I think we may need a few knee bucklers though." He starts to chuckle, but it quickly turns awkward, and then to a look of shame, as he remembers his friend.

His hand slides to his side, to feel something under his robe, and you can make out the faint jingle of coins.

[sblock=Stonegod]While, there is at least one reference to them, it mostly deals with their unfinished business. Specifically, the Merchants of Bacarate and the gangs who moved in once they were gone.

So it's a bit indirect.[/sblock]

[sblock=Nebten]I have not followed taht thread. I will now look into it. I am highly in favor of interweaving adeventures where possible.[/sblock]

Remove ads