New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx shows a wide grins, then speaks. "A life behind walls is no life for me. I long for the road, to create a story of my own. I have sampled the life of one end, the so called "noble" life. It quite frankly bores me. Excitement is my taste!"

The bard leans over, "Well milady, what pray tell brings you to this tavern? I assume it is more than the simple 'I got bored', which is all I possess."

Wynter

First Post
"Well...seeking out new and interesting things isn't really a bad reason I'd think..." she replied, picking idly at her nails as she internally attempted to generate a fathomable reason for her own personal position. Of course, like all things there wasn't simply just one reason, but there was only one reason that she was comfortable sharing at the moment, "I have...expensive tastes. So I suppose I need to generate the income to keep them sated. I've heard a great many rumors of fantastic wealth being made by those whom offer their services to folks within this Tavern."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Ah yes, your quest is one for gold." Jynxx winks slyly, "Forgive me if I say that it does not appear that gold is something of great value to you. I would assume a lady who covets gold would wear jewels and adorn herself greatly."

Jynxx shakes his head. She would say when she was ready, if ever. "On to things of greater importance! Pray tell, where are you from? How did you venture here? It is my way to ask more than I should, and learn more than I ask. I beg forgiveness for any rudeness I show, for it is unintentional in my quest for knowledge."

Wynter

First Post
"haha...well...I suppose perhaps I would. I just don't have very much yet. We all start somewhere, no?" she said with a slight, youthful chortle in response to her rather plain dress. It was true, she didn't have rings, bands, necklaces or other jewels.

She wasn't exactly adverse to answering such questions, after all she had many times during the last two years of her life. Being elusive or otherwise completely dishonest was simply a part of her being, and was the will of the Spirits for a time. Still, there was always some truth to what she spoke, "I come from the northlands. There was...much wind and ice. There is a time among my people where one must go and seek their way. As I was...not allowed to serve my people, I guess I'm going to figure out what my way is eventually. During my travels I had heard many people, many that looked as if they had seen and done a great many things, speak of this land and of this place." she gestured with an open hand, referring to the Tavern explicitly, "And so I have come. If you hunt where the game is plentiful, you've a good chance at staying full."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Ah! And so there is truth among those words." Jynxx said, slapping his hand on the table. He kicked his feet up on the table, "I shall... restrain from asking much more, I feel like I am pressing toward something that would end rather unpleasantly for me." Jynxx shot Alissa a disarming smile, similar to when a child knows he has pushed his limits to the breaking point; only to stop within an arm's length of being disciplined.

"So tell me of this land of wind and ice. It sounds rather unpleasant. I do prefer the sun and surf to the ice and wind." The thought of such cold gave Jynxx the chills.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"As far as where basement was in far place, I not see anything outside to help tell. Rujah maybe saw more." he finishes to Fargo.

Fargo nods, as if that's all he's got to go on. Then he stands up (meaning that he hops down onto the floor from his bar stool, thus losing net altitude), rubbing his hands together and screwing his left eye up at the trio, "Aye. 'S'Aye see i', this 'ere 'Ankel need's 'elp, an' i's a scurvy dwarf 'a doesn' 'elp 'is fella dwarf bye thundar!" Fargo slams his right fist into his left palm. He raises a stubby, pointed finger as he continues, "This 'ere Aleinheist's an islan'n'an inlan' sea o' Avenroc, an tha's a start. M'ship's a'ready ta leave part t'marra a'dawn, an' Aye can' ge' there, bu' aye suppose ye be wantin' ta go too?" seeing agreeable eyes in the others, he continues,"Good! 'Cause aye cad use th' muscle! Aye c'n get us ta Rioc Aliar. From thar, 'f weyask th'right queschuns, we c'n fine tha' 'Ankel, an see abou' yer thief 'frien'.'" Fargo grabs his hammer, gives whatever papers he was holding back to Talon, and makes for the door. He calls back over his shoulder as he makes his exit, "'f ye be wantin' a'vencher an' reward, be a' Th' Gale t'morra befar dawn!"

[sblock=OOC]OK. It looks like we won't hear from Theroc and WD until Monday at least. I'll wait until then to post a new adventure thread to continue from here. Feel free to RP with Rujah and Riardon when they show up to bring them up to speed. Remember. You've got all night (game time) to talk.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Fenwick intrigued," the Orc replies. "Fenwick hope expedition is remunerative. Ethnic Minority need to trade for goods and services. Perhaps voyage on ship will also re-discover home of Fenwick."

BenBrown

First Post
"Fenwick, do you not know where you home is?" Jin asked, curious as to the background of his companion.

"Oh, Fenwick know where home supposed to be,"
Fenwick replies confidently. "Last voyage, though, home not there. Fenwick originate from island in Shifting Seas. This home of ethnic minority engaged in hunter-gatherer cultural activities. Ethnic group hunt, get lots of hides. New presiding officer of ethnic group concoct plan to sell hides for goods and services. He say to Fenwick 'Fenwick now chief negotiator'. He say this because Fenwick have pleasant countenance and easygoing charm, as well as loud voice. He say 'Take boat, go to Daunton, sell hides and charming native craftwork, return with manufactured goods.' Fenwick make multiple sea voyages, sell hides, return with metalware and other things. After last voyage, boat return, but island missing. Fenwick and others return to Daunton. Others go off in boat again to find island. Fenwick stay and wait for news. News not arrive, so Fenwick seek remunerative employment. Fenwick saddened when thinking of home island and friends in ethnic group. But Fenwick emotionally strong. Fenwick persevere. If Fenwick go on boat, though, be on lookout for home island. Fenwick would hate to pass new location accidentally."

Remove ads