WotBS My Wotbs So far... possible spoilers

talarei07

First Post
ok so i have have been running wotbs for a few weeks now and this is what has happen that is interesting:

The group:

Alissa Bowman Female Human Wizard
Mord Male Half-orc Dark pact Warlock
Argith Male Half-Elf Melee Bard
Korinne Female Dragonborn Dragon Magic Sorceror
Durgis Male Human Assault Swordmage.

The game started with everyone as arcane power source and was running smoothly until the white wyrms encounter.

the sorceror fell into the pit trap on right side of the map the wizard moved five squares into the room and stopped electing to blast from a distance and the bard, swordmage and warlock moved into the building going down the choke point where the wizard and the lizard creature (cant remember what is was right now. they get into a fight there killing the mage, the gaurds come around the corner and all hell breaks loose. the warlock and swordmage go down in one round followed by the bard, the sorceror climbs out of the hole and runs over to help and gets slaughtered. the wizard just leaves.

the new group
Alissa Bowman Female Human Wizard
Varis Male Elf Avenger of Avandra
Aramil Male Changling Bard (PCs think hes an elf)
Nalla Female Goliath Warden
Thalon Male Goliath Barbarian (Nalla and Thalon are Twins)

this group has done much better and has just retrieved the case in our last session

merchantsteve

Explorer
Makes you wonder why the rules suggest a balanced party!

Seriously, I try to make the encounters have a mix of roles to keep the combats interesting. The overall effect is to force heroes to have a mixed party. Any one encounter may seem one-sided, but overall, the monster mix is best handled with all the recommended roles present.

thc1967

Explorer
Curious... are you finding that the Warden is much better at playing the defender than the Swordmage was? You definitely have a stronger Striker in the Avenger than you had in the Warlock...

John Doom

Explorer
I need to re-read the rules and abilities of the multi-class and try to convince my players to take at least a feat into one of the leadership roles since the original cleric dropped out of the game.

I am running with 6 players though which kind of mitigates the damage from the lack of a Leader. We have the following:

Avenger, Fighter, Ranger, Warden, Warlock and Wizard.

Any recommendations to help them out, other than me just killing one and offering magic-item incentive to roll as leader?

talarei07

First Post
well there is always multiclass into warlord or cleric to get healing/inspiring word once per day. and if you have ddi/character builder there are at least 2 skill utilities that if you are trained in the right skill give you healing abilities. the other option is of course potions which some people think arent that good because they only give 10 hp. but my players failed to see that they can use them anytime as long as they have one, so they are still useful.

our avenger multi classed cleric and then took divine channeler and took healer's mercy so that really helps

our avenger as he would be at 4th level

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Varis, level 4
Elf, Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Background: Elf - Urban Elf (Thievery class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 11, Wis 19, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Reflex: 17 Will: 17
HP: 46 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +7, Perception +13, Thievery +11, Stealth +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Arcana +2, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +4, Heal +6, History +2, Insight +6, Intimidate +1, Nature +8, Streetwise +1, Athletics +2

FEATS
Level 1: Quick Draw
Level 2: Imminent Luck (retrained to Initiate of the Faith at Level 2)
Level 4: Divine Channeler (Cleric)

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Radiant Vengeance
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Pursuit
Divine Channeler (Cleric): Healer's Mercy
Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
Avenger daily 1: Oath of the Final Duel
Avenger utility 2: Refocus Enmity
Avenger encounter 3: Sequestering Strike

ITEMS
Enduring Spirit Vestments Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Falchion, Adventurer's Kit, Holy Symbol
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Last edited:

Remove ads