Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
Radoon's coin is taken eagerly. The man gesticulates pray-fully toward him seemingly mute. He backs away as others close in casting hopeful glances. The are a sorry lot, missing limbs, pale sightless eyes, some covered in boils or otherwise afflicted.

[sblock=Gnurl only please]These beggars seem to know a bit of stage craft. Gnurl's keen eye detects that most if not all of them are faking their ailments. Some of the 'boils' are poorly adhered and have fallen off revealing cleaner skin beneath, while an 'armless' man has simply concealed his arm beneath his shirt. A man on a rolling board has his legs carefully tied to conceal them. The 'blind' man has curved fish scales covering his eyes. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl does a quick inventory to make sure that none of these 'beggars' has relieved him of any possessions. He will take great care to remain out of arm's reach of them from now on.

"Ahh, Radoon, ever the easy mark. Can't you see through these cheesy charlatan's tricks? That 'blind' man's eyes are just fine behind those fish scales, and that 'legless' fellow over there can doubtless outrun my stubby legs when he's properly motivated, say by someone - like me, for instance - calling the watch!

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon will look closer and see that his friend is indeed correct. At this he will stop where he is and again ask the beggar but this time not so much as a question but more as a threat, "Why are so many of you gathered here in this location."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Yes, well, we're not 'usual' by any means! We prefer to give our alms through the temple. I advise you to present yourselves to the Sisters of Charity and make your case for your current plight with them. Now, shooo! Begone!"

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik chuckles as Gnurl points out the scam. "Ingenious in both execution and location."

Last edited:

Remove ads