Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Ahh, thank you, Goodwife. Zurrik, if gnolls and goblins don't count as strange, what do you suppose would"?

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik shrugs at Gnurl. "Any sign of a minotaur and friends on this side of town?" Zurrik asks directly.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon helps himself to the fruit and tastes the local grape. He sits back in his chair, enjoying this place and listening to his friends fumble about trying to acquire information. He will keep his smile hidden.

Scotley

Hero
"I can't say as I've seen a minotaur round here. Will you gentlemen be dining? We've a bit of pork left on the spit from lunch, it gettin' nice and crisp just now and Lar's made a nice gravy from the drippin's and we've plenty of good bread to go with and perhaps a roasted parsnip or too. Some nice eels in a bucket we was gonna cook up for the dinner crowd, but we can fry one up now if you like. There's a good soup of fresh vegetables and we've some right fine figs in a crock on the coals might be ready if you've a taste for somethin' sweet. There's some little game hens Lar'll roast up for you if you can wait a bit. Got some dandy aged cheddar left and some apples if you're just lookin' for a nibble." She looks at you all expectantly.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh listens carefully to the woman's words as she responds to his friends questions.

OOC: Sense Motive on the woman - looking for fear in particular but lying will do as well.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

"I can't say as I've seen a minotaur round here. Will you gentlemen be dining? We've a bit of pork left on the spit from lunch, it gettin' nice and crisp just now and Lar's made a nice gravy from the drippin's and we've plenty of good bread to go with and perhaps a roasted parsnip or too. Some nice eels in a bucket we was gonna cook up for the dinner crowd, but we can fry one up now if you like. There's a good soup of fresh vegetables and we've some right fine figs in a crock on the coals might be ready if you've a taste for somethin' sweet. There's some little game hens Lar'll roast up for you if you can wait a bit. Got some dandy aged cheddar left and some apples if you're just lookin' for a nibble." She looks at you all expectantly.

Radoon looks at the others with a bit of a perplexed look on his face. "Wow!!! Now these are choices!!! I've always been a man who knows my mind but all this food makes me second guess. That crispy pork sounds absolutely amazing! I think I'll go with that paired with some gravy and bread for lapping it up."

Scotley

Hero
"Excellent choice sailor," and she calls over her shoulder, "hey Lar, fetch some of that pork and put it to bed with a warm blanket." Presumably this is waitress speak for bread and gravy.

H'Roosh listens carefully to the woman's words as she responds to his friends questions.

OOC: Sense Motive on the woman - looking for fear in particular but lying will do as well.

H'Roosh gets the impression this woman is pretty much what she appears and that she has little to hide and is big and stout enough to fear little, though it seems likely she doesn't want to pluck a game hen and is hopeful you'll go for the pork, soup or eels instead.

The Cleric, who's clearly not been eating regularly, smacks his lips after a healthy pull of ale, "Goodwoman, a platter of the cheddar and apples while your kitchen compatriot fries up an eel and follow it up with some of the figs if you'd be so kind."

She smiles claps him on the back, "Lor, you got an appetite for a skinny fella don'tcha?" She calls out more strange requests to the kitchen involving making the eel dance and being a sweetie.

Remove ads