Titans vs. Giants

Fete67

First Post
Can anyone explain to me the difference between a titan and a giants, from a roleplaying perspective not just that giants are large creatures and titans are huge creatures

FireLance

Legend
I believe that titans have a greater proportion of the relevant element in their make-up. The relationship between titans and giants in 4e is similar to the relationship between half-fiends and fiendish creatures or half-dragons and draconic creatures in 3e.

LostSoul

Adventurer
The way I am going to interpret it is that the Titans are the guys who actually built the World. They were around from the very beginning. They still call the Gods usurpers.

DracoSuave

First Post
Kinda like the difference between common Eladrin, and Eladrin Nobles. They're the same thing, really, just one is more... well... more.

Ventnor

First Post
Titans are the the kings and overlords when it comes to giants. They're considered the first creations of the primordials, and among their greatest creations.

So, basically, giants take orders from titans. 'Cause titans are frikkin' HUGE.

Mentat55

First Post
Titans, according to the MotP, may have been the first servants of the primordials (a la angels and gods).

Titans are basically exaggerated giants. They're bigger, they're more powerful, and they express a greater affinity for their element. Storm titans are more, well, stormy, frost titans are more icy, fire titans are more fiery, etc., than their smaller giant counterparts.

The most powerful titans are influential lords in the Elemental Chaos, like Surtur and Thrym.

Remove ads