L4W Discussion Thread IV

ryryguy

First Post
Huh... after reading the rules for the orb of imposition class feature, I agree with CaBaNa. You use it the turn after casting the spell, and at that point the zone increases to burst 3.

It's pretty odd that they threw that bit about "doesn't affect you or your allies" in the rider then. It's redundant. Perhaps a case of poor editing.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rules question: Can someone who is deafened benefit from an Inspiring or Majestic Word power? Is the effect dependent only on the giver saying the word, or upon the receiver hearing the word?

renau1g

First Post
Neither have a requirement listed that the user must hear the sayer, nor does the Deafened condition specify they can't benefit from these types of powers (i.e. most bard powers) so I say it's up to the DM. A reasonable point could be made that if you can't hear the words you can't be inspired, but then again a reasonable could be made that you can't push a gelatinous cube with Tide of Iron... ;)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I think if you stop people from benefiting from magestic word while deafened your setting a very dangerous precedent that will soon get out of control.

garyh

First Post
I agree with Darwin. There's no explicit rule saying deafened prohibits benefiting from _____ Word powers. If it did, it'd be FAR more powerful against PC's than monsters, which seems unbalanced.

Besides, Healing and Majestic Word are both MAGIC! and for a silent Inspiring Word, how about a slap on the back or a fist pump? ;)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I was more worried about the precedent of saying that fluff outranks rules and then players taking advantage of that for their own ends later on.

Dunamin

First Post
Fixed Hrav for you Garyh

You can't link to a spot on the forums you have to upload the pic to the wiki
How did you upload images to the wiki again?

I found this page to "guide me", which threw me through a number of hoops. First I had to create an account at Wikimedia Commons, then I had to follow this link to upload, then I had to insert excessive information, and at the end I'm still told that the image will be deleted in a week? :rant: (Something about inadequate licensing)

Kalidrev

First Post
In the Wiki, put in "[Image:<imagename>.<extension>]" or "[Image:<imagename>.extension|right/left/center]" After you save, it will just be a link. Click on the link to go to the upload page, upload the file and name it EXACTLY as you had typed in in the image tag, and then once it's uploaded, go back to your wiki page. You should see the image.

Remove ads