Best Cleric race? (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

I would agree with this comment but for the (relatively) recent Dragon article for the battle cleric - which gives strength clerics access to better armour and some pretty potent powers when using a mace or other simple melee weapon.

Yeah, I haven't played the STR cleric in a bit. Not sure how much that changes the equation. The Warpriest has a couple inherent advantages though. Its powers are all WIS based being the main one. You can use a lot of the nice WIS based powers and you still have good melee effectiveness. You do lose out on the STR powers, but you can either still have a good STR, or just ignore them, as the WIS based ones are generally better all around. The difference isn't huge though. Personally I always liked the STR cleric anyway.

Jonathan Boggs

First Post
Ok, so I would like to be a cleric, could I maybe do a high elf? I have been a high elf ranger before, so I thought could I also be An high elf cleric?

Ok, so I would like to be a cleric, could I maybe do a high elf? I have been a high elf ranger before, so I thought could I also be An high elf cleric?

You can be an elf cleric, sure. Its a WIS/INT +DEX race, not a STR race, so you could do something a bit different. For instance you could wear Hide armor and have a fairly high DEX (+2 DEX will give you an extra point of AC in Hide, which will actually boost your AC, though if you don't keep pumping that DEX you will eventually lose the advantage). There is, IIRC an Sehanine cleric option that uses a bow too, though I'm not exactly sure how that works...

Anyway, you'll be a quick elf, which won't hurt you, and you do get a WIS bonus, so its a perfectly good race choice for a cleric. Build more of a 'laser' type build, with lots of ranged powers, you can even get away with lighter armor if you want. There's always fun things out there to try.

Jonathan Boggs

First Post
You can be an elf cleric, sure. Its a WIS/INT +DEX race, not a STR race, so you could do something a bit different. For instance you could wear Hide armor and have a fairly high DEX (+2 DEX will give you an extra point of AC in Hide, which will actually boost your AC, though if you don't keep pumping that DEX you will eventually lose the advantage). There is, IIRC an Sehanine cleric option that uses a bow too, though I'm not exactly sure how that works...

Anyway, you'll be a quick elf, which won't hurt you, and you do get a WIS bonus, so its a perfectly good race choice for a cleric. Build more of a 'laser' type build, with lots of ranged powers, you can even get away with lighter armor if you want. There's always fun things out there to try.

Thank you very much!

Remove ads