Baradur's End - Part III

nerdytenor

First Post
The party passes through the heart of the forest, Kraegyn's blunder slowing the party slightly. An arrow whistles through the air, breezing past Joshua's left ear as the chase continues. The forest begins to thin out, and the party can just make out the forest clearing in the distance, and beyond that, a seemingly endless swath of murky swamp.

[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
For once, your help seems greatly appreciated. The lizardman expresses his approval with both gesture and drawing, and in the space of a few hours, three leather canteens are filled with magical liquid. It is not entirely clear what the potions actually do however - perhaps that will be revealed in time.

OOC: Please RP at will - your DM is trying to integrate the two story lines :)

[/sblock]

OOC: RESULTS

Karis, Joshua, and Rellek pass, Kraegyn fails, losing a surge.
Arrow randomly targets Joshua, but with cover, it just misses.
Surges used: Joshua (1), Kraegyn (1)

ROUND THREE - HEAD FOR THE SWAMP! Same rules as round one/two. No cover for this round :devil::devil::devil:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
"So Jack, what can we do more to solve this quest? Not that I not enjoy their hospitality, but don't want to spend this entire life here."

ooc: Encounter powers are back?

[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek saw the rapidly depleating cover and pressed on to get to ground as quickly as possible.

[sblock]

Ok so this is my last rolls:

Argh Invisible castle has some sort of error message, So I'll have to go later..

[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
OK lets try that again now Invisible castle is back up:

[sblock]
First roll nature =18

Second role atheletics check = 21

Great at least I don't feel as if I suck as the partys tracker...

[/sblock]

Rellek moved freely through the ground toward the swap, silently thankful that a tree root or many of the other half hidden dangers hadn't slowed him or his friends down any further.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn continued to trample through the underbrush- while the plants were familiar enough, the coils of bramble kept catching at the plates of his armor. Mindful of the pursuers, he let his compatriots move a bit ahead of him. If he couldn't break a trail effectively, he could at least make sure that he was the biggest target available...

OOC: Nature +4= 23 (adds +2); Athletics +9=14 (+2= 16, fail); rolls Roll Lookup . Kraegyn will intentionally drop back so that he is the last one in line, and will actively try to act as cover for the more lightly armored PCs in the group.

The Digger

First Post
Distracted and rather unnerved by the near miss, Joshua stumbled a little and lost some ground. But he still managed a little smile for Kraegyn as he realised what his companion was trying to do.

[sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2326973/ - fail by 1[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
"So Jack, what can we do more to solve this quest? Not that I not enjoy their hospitality, but don't want to spend this entire life here."

ooc: Encounter powers are back?

[/sblock]

[sblock=Bavak]
"Hmmm.... well I ain't knowing too much about these plants. They are the best shot I got of finding out the cause of this blight. I'm not much for just running off into the swamp neither. I guess for now we wait?" the human replies
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Only Rellek seems to be able to keep up the pace as the party races towards the swamp. Kraegyn slows slightly, attempting to provide cover for his allies, and his ploy is partially successful; two arrows come flying directly at him, and both bounce harmlessly off his armor. The third and final arrow, however, slams into Joshua's back with incredible speed - whether the archer was an expert or just lucky is unclear (OOC: Crit!).

The party finally makes it out of the forest, whereupon they are confronted with three rather unfortunate pieces of information:

1) There is nowhere to run in the swamp - it goes on for miles and miles.
2) A group of four lizardmen has just jumped up from under the cover of some tall grass
3) Three of the lizardmen look like they are about to throw spears in your direction.

And indeed, before the party has any chance to react, the lizardmen loose their spears with incredible grace and power. The party braces for impact, but then, a strange thing happens. The spears fly OVER the party in the direction of the pursuers. A quick glance towards the forest reveals at least ten of them still giving chase, but a second later, there is one fewer as one of the spears finds its mark. The remaining lizardman who did not throw a spear quickly grabs a small drum attached to his belt and begins pounding on it in a tight, rhythmic pattern. Seconds later, an answering drum can be heard.

OOC: RESULTS

Rellek passes. Karis (took liberty of rolling - Nat 3 on endurance),
Joshua, and Kraegyn fail, losing one surge each.
Two arrows miss Kraegyn.
One arrow crits Joshua for 14.

Surges used: Joshua (2) (plus 14 damage), Kraegyn (2), Karis(1) (plus 8 damage)

The lizardmen just got a surprise round - now we drop into regular initiative.

I thought I would try and come up with some system of accounting for your hps and surges in light of the fact that you have all just leveled, but decided in the end that it was too complicated. This 'chase' starts a new 'day' - but don't worry, I will adjust difficulties accordingly. :devil:

I will post stats, a map, and initiative counts in the next post.

[sblock=Jack and Bavak]
With the potion making now complete, you sit. And sit. It seems these lizard folk do a lot of sitting (or squatting, in their case). Not much happens for the next hour - there is a brief 'discussion' about the relative merits of various berries when used as ingredients in various intoxicating beverages.

Suddenly, the calm is broken when a drum beat is heard in the distance. You have witnessed the lizard folk use drums before - they use it as an easy way to send simple messages a short distance. Immediately afterwards, the small camp is a flurry of activity as all of the males and most of the females gather up their weapons. You look inquisitively toward one of the lizardmen, and he inscribes a single pictograph in the mud.

"Battle."

He motions for you to follow.

OOC: It will take you one full round to reach the scene of the battle - then we can get rid of these blasted sblocks :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Party - your turn!

Two archers finally show themselves through the trees- quick to act, they retaliate brutally against one of the lizardmen, despite the distance and cover of allies (OOC: Two arrows hit L1 for total of 25 damage - L1 is bloodied).

ROUND ONE - FIGHT! Or... something.

Map Notes (see attached image)
Green squares are trees - cannot fit in those squares - they provide cover.
Yellow squares are tall grass - they provide concealment when prone.
Brown squares are swamp - difficult terrain

Status

Archers (Ac 17 Fo 13 Re 15 Wi 13 )
a1 38/38
a2 38/38

Party YOU ARE NEXT
Joshua 24/38 hp, 7/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6
Karis 36/44 hp, 6/7 surges, AC 18 Fo 15 Re 19 Wi 15 Init 6
Kraegyn 52/52 hp, 10/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2
Rellek 47/47 hp, 10/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4

Lizardmen (Ac 16 Fo 12 Re 14 Wi 12)
L1 12/37
L2 37/37
L3 37/37
L4 37/37

Militia Men (Minions, Ac 15 Fo 13 Re 11 Wi 11)
m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8, m9, mx, my

Others coming?
???

Not Here Yet
Bavak 46/46 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2
Jack 41/41 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 19 Fo 16 Re 15 Wi 20 Init 3

Attachments

• swamp1.jpg
    swamp1.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 69

The Digger

First Post
“That’s it!” roared Joshua. He was not used to being in this kind of situation and it…irked him!

“I’ve had it with you lot. Cop yer whack fer this!”

So annoyed by the situation that he lapsed briefly into his native speech the wizard stepped forward a little and spread forth his hands. Tendrils, Nay, Sheets of flashing energy emerged from his outstretched fingers and lanced into the larger group of pursuers.

[sblock=OOC]Move to I9: Standard - Cast Colour Spray vs Will (in number order as follows) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2329828):
M1 - 9 (missed); M2 - 19, M3 - 13, M4 - 17, M5 - 25, M6 - 24, M7 - 18 (all hit); A1-12 (missed), A2 - 19 (hit).

Damage to all hit = 8 and dazed till end of my next turn (if still alive!) (Roll Lookup)[/sblock]

Remove ads