[Blackdirge Publishing] New Bargain Lines and 2 New Releases

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Blackdirge Publishing is pleased to announce three new bargain lines for immediate release. Each of the products in these lines can be bought for under $1.50, yet still features high-quality, fully illustrated material. A new bargain product will be released each week, starting with products in the three lines detailed below. More bargain product lines are in development, and will be released in the very near future.

Blackdirge’s Bargain Bestiaries: This product line features 5 new monsters for your 4E game. Each monster is fully illustrated and most products will feature challenges for multiple tiers of play. Blackdirge’s Bargain Bestiaries feature all the monster expertise you expect from Blackdirge Publishing, but for the bargain price of only $1.49.

Blackdirge’s Bargain Templates: Monster templates are a great way to keep your monsters fresh and interesting without having to create new creatures from whole cloth. Each Blackdirge’s Bargain Templates features a single monster template and two example monsters created with the template. At only 99 cents apiece, Blackdirge’s Bargain Templates are a great way to liven up your monsters without putting a serious dent in your wallet.

Azagar’s Artifacts: Artifacts are great plot devices that can serve as the focal point for an adventure or even a whole campaign. Luckily, the famed hobgoblin general Azagar Bloodfist has been collecting artifacts for the better part of thirty years. Now, with Azagar’s Artifacts, Azagar opens up his vault and lets you have a peek inside. Each installment of Azagar’s Artifacts features a brand new, fully detailed artifact that can easily be integrated into nearly any 4E campaign. Each artifact comes with adventure hooks, lore, and a new standard magical item on which the artifact is based. Plus, Azagar himself relates the tale of how each artifact came into his possession in his own inimitable way.

Bes sure to check out our first two bargain releases:

Blackdirge’s Bargain Bestiaries kicks off with The Created – Lesser Golems, featuring 5 new golems created by spellcasters who don’t have the resources or skill to create a stone golem or iron golem. From the disgusting dung golem to the exquisitely crafted wood golem, lesser golems may be cheap, but they can still pack a wallop. So give your heroic-tier NPCs spellcasters a little animated muscle for the next time a bunch of ill-mannered PCs kick down their door in search of loot and XP.

Blackdirge’s Bargain Bestiaries: The Created – Lesser Golems features 5 all new lesser golems for your 4E game:
  • Dung Golem: (Level 3 Elite Brute)
  • Glass Golem: (Level 8 Elite Soldier)
  • Straw Golem: (Level 1 Elite Skirmisher)
  • Wax Golem: (Level 6 Elite Controller)
  • Wood Golem: (Level 10 Elite Brute)

Blackdirge’s Bargain Templates kicks off with the Trollborn, a template that allows you to created monstrous troll hybrids from beasts, humanoids, and magical beasts. Also featured are two example monsters created with the trollborn template, including Ig’Yok, a horrific trollborn hezrou that has established its own trollish kingdom in the heart of a dismal swamp.

Blackdirge’s Bargain Templates: Trollborn features the following all new 4E material:
  • The Trollborn Template
  • Example Monster #1: Troll Hounds (Trollborn Dire Wolves)
  • Example Monster #1: Ig’Yok (Trollborn Hezrou)

We’re always looking for feedback, so make sure you follow us on Twitter and our new Facebook page:

Blackdirge on Twitter

Blackdirge on Facebook

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Thanks Blackdirge.

These are the exact types of atricles I have wondered about - whether you can do them as part of the Gaming License. I guess you can. I have been seeking (and writing my own) short articles detailing new types of a creature (such as gnolls, etc).

Golems will come in handy (especially when converting older versions of adventures where there are low level wizard automatons etc).

Of more importance is the timing of the trollborn. Perfect. I am halfway through Trollhaunt warrens with my group and a few trollhounds will definately be making their appearance.

If I could add a suggestion. With your template line, how about you include creature themes too. Often I find making a creature 'elite' doesn't really suit, when a theme for standard creatures may be better. eg: Trollborn hounds being elite when their masters are not seems odd to me. I think a theme for trollborn would be a good idea.

Anyway, I think Skalmad and his son are now going to be encountered on their way to taking their trollborn hounds 'for a walk' :)=

C

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You know, when I got the announcement email about this, for a moment I actually thought these were new OGL products, or at least the old ones being re-released.

Subsequently, I have given a name to my pain: Blackdirge.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
You know, when I got the announcement email about this, for a moment I actually thought these were new OGL products, or at least the old ones being re-released.

Subsequently, I have given a name to my pain: Blackdirge.

Come on, dude, you're making me feel bad. :( However, I will be re-releasing all of my old 3.5 stuff in the near future, and there is a very real possibility of some Pathfinder products down the road.

BD

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Come on, dude, you're making me feel bad. :(

Well, there's only so much you can toy with someone's hopes, you know. ;)

However, I will be re-releasing all of my old 3.5 stuff in the near future, and there is a very real possibility of some Pathfinder products down the road.

Excellent news! In that case, forget I said anything to begin with. :cool:

Remove ads