Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
I had thought of that but discarded it as kind of counter-logical. No thoughts on mending and similar spells?

Are you suggesting mending should heal them? If their statue-body is considered to be living once they animate it I suspect it stops being an object so the spell wouldn't affect it as per the RAW. However I have no objection to going along with "healed by mending" if you both fancy it.

That said, I could see them being affected by Construct-healing magic like repair spells, but I believe those non-OGL.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Your thoughts on this?

Stick with the earth elemental feats as well?

Small: Power Attack
Medium: Cleave, Power Attack
Large: Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Attack

Or maybe replace the Cleaves with Stand Still and Reckless Offense?

Cleon

Legend
Your thoughts on this?

Stick with the earth elemental feats as well?

Small: Power Attack
Medium: Cleave, Power Attack
Large: Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Attack

Or maybe replace the Cleaves with Stand Still and Reckless Offense?

I'm fine with the Earth Elementals' feat selection, but changing them round would help give the Stone Spirits a bit more distinctiveness. Reckless Offense would fit their modus operandi of "powerful charge into a fight to the death" but I'm thinking a plain Weapon Focus (slam) would be more practical.

Stand Still would help compensate for their slow movement speed I guess.

How about the following:

Small: Weapon Focus (slam)
Medium: Stand Still, Weapon Focus (slam)
Large: Power Attack, Stand Still, Weapon Focus (slam)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Looks good. Updated.

A Small stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds. A Medium stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds. A Large stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds.

Cleon

Legend
Looks good. Updated.

A Small stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds. A Medium stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds. A Large stone sprit is x feet tall or long and weighs x pounds.

Sprit? I thought those were variant Water Elementals.:p

*Ahem*

Well these have "sculpted" bodies rather than being just a clumped-together mass of whatever earth or soil is around, so I guess they'd be a bit lighter than a standard Earth elemental due to having some of their mass trimmed (or rather chiseled/sculpted) away.

So, something like one sixth lighter than an Earth Elemental (e.g. 66.66 lb, 625 lb, 5000 lbs) or the max. weight of their size range (60 lb/500 lb/4000 lb)?

Hmm, no. I prefer 25% higher than the normal max weight (75 lb/625 lb/5000 lb) with the Medium-sized one rounded to 600 pounds.

Might as well keep the 3 foot / 5 foot / 9 foot height of the original monsters.

Putting that together...
An average Small stone spirit is 3 feet tall or long and weighs 75 pounds. A Medium stone spirit averages 5 feet tall or long and 600 pounds in weight. A Large stone spirit is 9 feet tall or long and weighs 500 pounds on average.​

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Wow, another person in here! :D

Updated. Anything left?
I think these are done...

Sorry to have vanished, got caught up in our short holiday trip and generally having trouble getting free to do some work (and conversion stuff)! ;)

I'm sorry not to see Reckless Offense, but a DM can always swap that out.

Remove ads