LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hmmm...can't find anything in the charter about it, but L4W auto-includes the errata and I'd assume the same here

A bunch of PC's here got smacked when they nerfed the Cloak of Distortion property (including Tamarand)
Everything is auto-included: "Official product errata" is the last thing in the House Rules list.

Errata takes effect immediately. You can retrain when you level. We might want to adopts some more specific language regarding errata. I'll leave that for someone to propose.

ryryguy

First Post
Those are actually old updates, aren't they? I'm not sure from when, but they weren't new for the January round. The new ones are all up front.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
River got nerfed here... and I wasn't finding him that strong... well, Life Transference is now a lot more in line with Cure Light Wounds. Hymn of Ressurgence, I'm less sure about it needed a nerf, but still good.

Hymn of Resurgence was not so much nerfed as it was clarified. Most powers that affect foes in larger areas are blasts, not bursts. I think Hymn of Resurgence was written by an intern. It was just written so badly originally (i.e. blast in definition, burst in text; no duration on the bonus, etc.).

Velmont

First Post
It affect now 25 squares instead of 81. I call it a nerf. That's someone who write it was drinking alcohol at the moment, or that they saw after ward it was too powerful doesn't matter much on the end, the area is quite less impressive. But I must confess for a lvl3 encounter power, it cover maybe too much compare to others power.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
It affect now 25 squares instead of 81 25.

Fixed that for you. ;)

The original area stated blast not burst. It's just that many people who took the power ASSUMED that the description was correct and the area was wrong (Player Entitlement 101);

Since it was unclear, it's not a nerf because it was never a burst to begin with. It was written blast in one place and burst in another, that means by definition that it was unclear and needed clarification.

The funniest thing about Hymn of Resurgence was not that it was screwed up in the first place. The funniest thing was that after it was screwed up in the first place, they then turned around and added the text "until the end of the next turn" after the "knocked prone" part, not the bonus part. It was screwed up and then the first set of errata screwed it up even worse. :lol:

Sorry, but that guy shouldn't be a game designer. It's one thing to screw it up the first time, it's another to know its screwed up and then not fix it correctly.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah they definitely messed it up. At least it's corrected now. More in line with other powers of that level. It was certainly the go-to power for any cleric, Str, balanced, or Wis.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Something I brought up in Dirty Money:

Just something I thought of. When using Howling Tempest, and the origin square of the burst is not targeted, does it continue to be a safe spot in the zone thereafter? Thoughts. I think it'd be fine like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads