LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Another feat rule question:
Primal Class Warden gets AC bonus CON or WIS depending on the path chosen. there is a feat Hide Expertize or something similar that gives CON instead of DEX bonus to AC. Would these feature and feat stack? That is, I have warden with 18 CON and hide armor. His AC is 20 = 10 + 3(hide) + 4(CON) +2(level) +1(magic)

would it be 24 with the feat?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Another feat rule question:
Primal Class Warden gets AC bonus CON or WIS depending on the path chosen. there is a feat Hide Expertize or something similar that gives CON instead of DEX bonus to AC. Would these feature and feat stack? That is, I have warden with 18 CON and hide armor. His AC is 20 = 10 + 3(hide) + 4(CON) +2(level) +1(magic)

would it be 24 with the feat?
No, because the wording for each is pretty much the same: "you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC". So you are just able to use your Con in either case. It doesn't provide a bonus, just a replacement.

elecgraystone

First Post
Pretty much what stonegod said. The primal feat doesn't do anything for the warden because the warden no longer uses dex for AC. Therefor it has nothing for the feat to replace.

nerdytenor

First Post
The feat is called 'Hide Armor Expertise' if anyone iscurious. I'm pretty sure the main reason for it was to fix Con-based Shaman builds which could end up with pitiful AC.

elecgraystone

First Post
I don't know. Looks like a CON-based warlock feat to me. ;)

Hide armor feat
Beserker's Fury feat
hide armor expertise feat
+ 20 con (+5 for attacks and AC :D )

renau1g

First Post
Never considered that...although you need to put Str at 13 and start with 17 Con and a +2 con race. Not undoable by any stretch, but also needs all of your feats at lvl 4. Same way you could have built a fairly high AC avenger before the nerf bat was swung. Pretty easy to have gotten a 19-20 AC at level 1 before (3 Hide (or 2 leather) + 4 ability + 3 armor of faith)

Velmont

First Post
But if you have a multiclass feat (like Beserker's Fury feat), you qualify as a primal character as you are considered to be a member of the class related to the multi-class feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads