From the ashes will rise a new Hivemind.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Southern California is under a deluge of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS (yes the news actually were saying it's biblical, because they need a reason to bury the Haitian earthquake/insanity). How biblical is our storm? A "tornado" touched down and flipped a car then dissipate after traveling a few feet and they been giving tornado warnings for the last hour or so. Oh, and there was also alot of flooding. They also are showing cell phone videos of rain...

California desprately needs RICHARD HEENE SCIENCE DETECTIVE to save the day!

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Southern California is under a deluge of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS (yes the news actually were saying it's biblical, because they need a reason to bury the Haitian earthquake/insanity). How biblical is our storm? A "tornado" touched down and flipped a car then dissipate after traveling a few feet and they been giving tornado warnings for the last hour or so. Oh, and there was also alot of flooding. They also are showing cell phone videos of rain...

California desprately needs RICHARD HEENE SCIENCE DETECTIVE to save the day!

20 inches of rain in a week...more than our entire normal yearly rain, in one week.

It's not biblical, but it is a LOT of rain, and a more serious issue than normal storms.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
20 inches of rain in a week...more than our entire normal yearly rain, in one week.

It's not biblical, but it is a LOT of rain, and a more serious issue than normal storms.

I total agree, it's just that much of the news coverage of today's storm has been excessive and not necessary. For example, today on channel 9 there was footage of a correspondent on the side of the freeway WAITING for the storm to arrive in Onterio hills. Then when it arrived they cut back to him as he basically said "look at this storm drain, a few minutes ago it was dry!" Then after news broke about the tornado they aired footage of one correspondent's drive to the scene WHILE she was describing the damage reports on her cell phone. Then when she arrived, guess what she did...

All of that wasn't as annoying as the few grainy cell phone videos they aired on the news today*...

Sadly, all of that is going to repeat in a few hours when the next storm cell arrives. I can't wait till massive post deluge earthquake 2010 occurs.**

*Sadly, no one got a good image of the tornado touching down as it happened, and the only video of it on youtube were taken from a mile or so away

**That is if the rain-earthquake link isn't just a crack-pot theory that the experts reject.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Man, you ever have one of those days where you sorta feel okay enough to go to work, but you still of don't feel well enough that you want to go to work? Yeah, that's basically me at the moment. I called in sick, figuring that if I do feel better in a couple hours, I can still at least get half a day in.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
17+ members in the group? Holy crap. I don't think my group has ever had 17 people in the entire HISTORY of our group, let alone at one time.

Only time I'd seen that was a group playing the Star Wars roleplaying game some years ago. The d20 version.

I had my computer crap out and was out of commission due to that and non-payment on my cable and internet bill. My finances were so FUBAR'ed at the end (more like the last 3 months) of the year that life just sucked. Due to that, my car insurance was canceled last week because I didn't have the money to pay them and Mom had to pay the light bill so we could have power. Some collection jerkwads were wanting to try to take whatever I own to pay whatever the frack debt they want paid.... Had to fill out a motion to keep them from taking my car.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Saw Zombieland on weekend. It was fun. Can't say much more about it :D

Going to get Galaxy of Intrigue later today.

Now bored to death...

Next week, Sherlock Holmes.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
*Is confused*

I shouldn't be able to get online rightnow... See, we phoneline that all our verison stuff was connected to. They were suposed to reconnect everything to the other line via a new account and the new account is suposeed to go live in about 4 hours (they said 8 am). However, I'm starting to think then 8am east coast time considering everything went live.

What is retarded is that they need to replace the cable boxes and everything even though they all work now..

Remove ads