From the ashes will rise a new Hivemind.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hello Hive!

Evening!

I watched Star Wars episode 3 today, and once again (and in my own, optimistic way) I was reminded that it's actually way better than people want to remember it as.

True, it has some bad stuff, but some of the lightsabre battles are good fun, and I honestly don't think Anakin is that bad.

Younglings, though. I don't know how any of them managed to get through saying that without laughing. It's the single worst word in the entire six films.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Evening!

I watched Star Wars episode 3 today, and once again (and in my own, optimistic way) I was reminded that it's actually way better than people want to remember it as.

True, it has some bad stuff, but some of the lightsabre battles are good fun, and I honestly don't think Anakin is that bad.

Younglings, though. I don't know how any of them managed to get through saying that without laughing. It's the single worst word in the entire six films.

For me, Anakin's actions actions were not believable. When Palapatine basically said "You know that thing about healing Padme? I lied, but if we work together we could fine out how to do it," my reaction would have been to ignite my Lightsaber as a swift action, the slice Palapatine in half instead of collapsing like a beaten puppy and pledging myself to the emperor.

Also, think the word "younglings" was retarded. I mean, seriously, you think Lucas would have came up with a better term for that...

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
For me, Anakin's actions actions were not believable. When Palapatine basically said "You know that thing about healing Padme? I lied, but if we work together we could fine out how to do it," my reaction would have been to ignite my Lightsaber as a swift action, the slice Palapatine in half instead of collapsing like a beaten puppy and pledging myself to the emperor.

Also, think the word "younglings" was retarded. I mean, seriously, you think Lucas would have came up with a better term for that...

"Children" would have been the obvious choice.

"Trainees", "Padawans", "Kids", "Youths"... the list goes on.

For me, Anakin's actions actions were not believable. When Palapatine basically said "You know that thing about healing Padme? I lied, but if we work together we could fine out how to do it," my reaction would have been to ignite my Lightsaber as a swift action, the slice Palapatine in half instead of collapsing like a beaten puppy and pledging myself to the emperor. ...

Even as a Jedi.... could he not have been mentally tricked by a more powerful jedi? Instead of just doing what ever the Emperor wanted, he had to be coaxed... using emotions (which most jedi had more control over) made it even easier for him to control Anakin.

rugrats, dweebs, PITAs, dogmeat, puntables...... yup.... many words to use. ;)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Even as a Jedi.... could he not have been mentally tricked by a more powerful jedi? Instead of just doing what ever the Emperor wanted, he had to be coaxed... using emotions (which most jedi had more control over) made it even easier for him to control Anakin.

Yeah, but that was only really up until Windu got punked. Afterward, Vader just did whatever the Emperor wanted. Hell, haven't you seen the "Vadar, while you are on your knees, there is but one more task I ask you of..." deleted scene?

Remove ads