Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
A huge goliath enters the inn. He is bare-chested, cheerfully smiling and extremely powerfully built. His only articles of clothings are pants (thankfully) and a top hat too small for his head.

-''Hi Everyboy! Is Ghorgor Bay!'' shouts the jolly grey giant, pointing a figure at himself. He then flexes and strikes a culturist pose, displaying bulging muscles and a weird psychic halo above his hat.

-''You see? You see? I know what you think, you think: 'Ghorgor, you have body of god!' Is true, Is true. Ghorgor do. But good news everybody; so can you!''

The goliath steps briskly through the rooms and hands out pamphlets left and right before dropping a stack on the counter.

-''I Ghorgor Bay and this be your lucky day! I am body trainer to adventurers. For ten gold a day, you do as Ghorgor Bay say and you get body of god in sixty day. Like Ghorgor, but smaller. No happy, get gold back! We burn the fat, we build the muscle! The monsters, they look at you and they no want to fight. They think: 'This guy is beast, this guy is machine! I scared!' And they be right to be scared! Because is true that healthy mind is in healthy body, but is true-most that powerful mind is in powerful body! So, do YOU want powerful mind like Ghorgor Bay?'' asks the giant, pointing a huge finger at the crowd, looking like a demented Uncle Sam with his psionic halo and top hat. ''If yes, you know what to do!''

[sblock=OOC]My 3rd PC, Ghorgor Bay, a Goliath Battlemind, level 1. Not legal for about a month but if the DM doesn’t mind, neither do I!

Finishing off the wiki touches.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Finally recovering from his rough treatment at the hand, and in the arms of, Tonk, Meepo the Brave dusts off his worn hide armor and looks over to Saraz.
He contorts his face in a quizzical way for a moment at Tonk's actions, but then shrugs the thoughts away. Stranger things have happened since he had reached this isle. Calling out to Saraz, he says, "As you already know, I am Meepo the Brave, son of Meepo the Not-as-Brave-as-Meepo-the-Brave. I'm sure it's a pleasure to meet me."

"I'm sorry, I'm not from around here so I've never heard your story, but it is a pleasure to meet you."

He cleared this throat and added, in his barking, yipping, growling, and hissing native tongue,

[sblock=draconic]"If this is the language that you speak, well I can speak it. If this isn't the language you can speak, I can still speak it, but I'd guess you can't understand me. Unless of course you can understand but not speak it, but that seems to be a rare attribute these days. I digress. Is that what you meant by someone who can speak your language?"[/sblock]

Saraz simply smiles at the barking lizard.

//Seventeen?! Oh, dear! She's over the hill as far as Tonk is concerned!//

"I...uh...what?! Hey, Punch Brother, is she even speak Allarian? I think maybe she talk about mama of her and say lot about piece of paper that use to make sure people get right stuff when you die, but...uh..."

Tonk gives her a confused smile and a double thumbs-up. "Okay, Talkie Lady, you have nice day. I go over...er...there...and do...something else...now."

Tonk walks back to the table with a bemused expression on his face. Once he returns, he decisively slams his palm on the table. "Okay, Dragon Buddy and Shadow Buddy, is now time for us to make the Punch Brothers, yes? And no forget Dextyr, too! He need be Punch Brother of both you, so is all equal, yes? Is good Communism!"

//When--oh, when!--will a new adventure start? We're not getting XP and treasure for talking!//

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry I'm already running an adventure and it's as mush as, (or mor than, if you ask some of the players) I can handle right now just running it.[/sblock]

Saraz lets out a little giggle as Tonk walks away calling after him.

"Is that you taking back your offer?"

"Back to important matters, if there is no one talented in the Way here could someone direct me to the local seer's council or at least just help me understand this place?"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
John's got his follow-up game approved so that'll be coming up shortly for anyone here of around 4-5th levels. I'll be grabbing Meepo for my adventure, but I'm sure very shortly there will be more PHB3 PC's coming in to play for the rest of the lvl 1's [/sblock]

"So whatcha be lookin' fer lassy? A seer's council? What's that? We got a mayor who be runnin' tha place here in Daunton, although he ain't runnin' it too well from my reckonin'. Maybe ol' Murphy can help ya find yer bearings, c'mon and grab a seat here" the human calls out, gesturing to a seat next to him.

KenHood

First Post
"Is that you taking back your offer?"
Tonk smiles uncertainly and chuckles in a most uncomfortable manner, waving at Saraz as one would a crazed individual.

"So whatcha be lookin' fer lassy? A seer's council? What's that? We got a mayor who be runnin' tha place here in Daunton, although he ain't runnin' it too well from my reckonin'. Maybe ol' Murphy can help ya find yer bearings, c'mon and grab a seat here" the human calls out, gesturing to a seat next to him.
Tonk leans over and whispers, "What you do?! No! No! No bring her over here! She crazy! Always talk, talk, talk, talk, talk! Is like her mind stuck on lawyer stuff, always with the will, will, will."

renau1g

First Post
"Bah! I must be sayin' I be quite amazed that ya be afraid of such a lass when ya stood toe to toe with that vampire." Murphy whispers back, chuckling.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!

Saraz comes and sits down next to Murphy she simply smiles at Tonk.

"No, I don't seek the mayor or formal ruler of this community, I'm looking for seer's or those talented in the Way. Your culture is indeed different, where are your mindwalkers, where are those that see the future?"

DMDanW

First Post
Tonk gives Dextyr a not-so-subtle wink and a thumbs up.

All Dextyr can do is chuckle at Tonks subtlety and continues past Kasha and up to the bartender to get another drink.

You could buy me a drink, though. Or two." She gives a shamelessly flirtatious flutter of her eyelashes.

Dextyr can't help but raise an eyebrow at Kasha's flirting and he begins to smile, thinking that his punch-brother may find himself a lady friend this evening.

So, listen, lady! I no make the hanky or the panky. I good boy! You no make me naughty!"

Dextyr quickly changes his order with the bartender and as Tonk departs he makes his way over to the half-orc lass.
"Well hi there" he delivers in a well practiced manner, "How about I buy you that drink you were looking for" he asks, a twinkle in his eye and a mischievous grin on his face.

"I...uh...what?! Hey, Punch Brother, is she even speak Allarian? I think maybe she talk about mama of her and say lot about piece of paper that use to make sure people get right stuff when you die, but...uh..."

Dextyr looks over to Tonk and the woman he is talking to. Only half hearing their conversation he raises an eyebrow and shrugs his shoulders. "I do not know for sure Tonk. I believe she is referring to Will-power; you know inner resolve, and not about a legal Will. She is most certainly from a foreign land my friend and the meaning of her words may be different than yours or mine."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Into the Tavern bursts a simple looking man, perhaps a farmer by appearances. He is red-eyed and unshaven and looks about the room frantically. At the sight of Dextyr at the bar he rushes over...

You have to help us! It's horrible... We sent her away, but then were heard... Are we cursed? What has she done...

He starts blabbering in a rushed way, almost coming to tears again.

[sblock=New Adventure for levels 4-5]
This is Charles who Dextyr, Murphy, Tonk and Shorrin will recognize as Isabelle's father from Just Before Nightfall It has been a number of weeks since you have seen him (given Tonk's adventures this seems about right)

I have started a new thread for this adventure The Darkest Night when the PCs involved leave the Tavern.
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
I hope someone decides to run a 1st level adventure before NeXT month, but I don't know if there's anyone else besides me of such level looking for an adventure. Otherwise I might as well post a phb3 charactwr and await for the 1st level rush NeXT month with one of those shard dudes :D [/sblock]

Remove ads