Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Current Line-Up]
So just wanted to summarize who's here so potential DM's can know.

1) Kasha - half-orc brutal rogue - striker - Anthithesist - 3/11 enter -1st PC
2) Shrakk - Githzerai Avenger - striker - Otakkun - 3/12 enter - 1st PC
3) Ghorgor Bay - Goliath Battlemind - defender - Mal Malenkirk - 3/14 enter - 3rd PC
4) Calisto - Tiefling Psion - controller - Velmont -3/16 enter - 3rd PC
5) Fissure - Goliath Monk - striker - stonegod - 3/19 enter - 3rd PC
6) RAM TIGER - Gnoll Fighter - Defender - Sanzuo - 3/24 enter - 1st PC
7) Nejs Radan - Half-Elf Ardent - Leader - Walking Dad - 3/24 enter - 3rd PC
8) K’atzn’ii - Githyanki Warlock|Swordmage - striker/defender - 3/25 enter - 2nd PC
9) D'Keth - Githyanki swordmage (shielding)|wizard - defender/controller - 3/25 enter - 2nd PC

*phew* so 2 full defenders, 2 1/2 defenders, 3 strikers, 1 1/2 striker, 1 leader, 1 controller, 1 1/2 controller

One more leader shows up and you got 2 full parties here.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Sanzuo]kudos for making a gnoll. A toyed with the idea to make one when I made a rogue.

Out of curiosity, why be a brawler with those stats + claw feat? These are the perfect stats for a tempest fighter.[/sblock]

"Yes, I'm trained to receive emotions and how to strengthen and sending mine. It looks like that you have chosen an more internal path of mastering your self. Where have you learned your path, the Ghorgor method?" Nejs responds to the powerful goliath

-''Ghorgor method is easy; pain is your friend. Pain makes you strong!'' Ghorgor says, like an illeterate professor. ''Ghorgor lifts big stone to make himself strong, he lifts and pushes and pull until body, it says no more, I hurt, I die! But then Ghorgor says 'No! I decide! Not body!'. Then mind becomes open; it understands that it is the big boss. It becomes powerful.''

[sblock=OOC]In short, he's a wilder with genetic predispotions toward psionic powers that unlocked accidentally during strenuous training sessions.[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Mal Malenkirk]
I LIKE TO GRAB AND BITE THINGS
_________/

Sure, but brawlers are based on dex as well, and they're also rad as hell. This guy is basically a brawler who fights with superior spiked gauntlets.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

Calisto listen to Nejs and reflexively raise her mind shield as he speaks about her inner turmoil. She had been not careful, but except her tutor, she never had met a person with similar powers. "So my tutor said. She had mastered some powers like yours and have tried to teach me her way. Well, not really tried, imposed would more be like it. I'm doing quite fine now."

[SBLOCK=Insight DC 20]Bluff (1d20+11=20): She is not lying, but she is trying to avoid the subject of her inner turmoil.[/SBLOCK]

"Sorry, I don't want to impose anything on you. I apologize for being insensitive. " Nejs apologizes with a short bow.

-''Ghorgor method is easy; pain is your friend. Pain makes you strong!'' Ghorgor says, like an illeterate professor. ''Ghorgor lifts big stone to make himself strong, he lifts and pushes and pull until body, it says no more, I hurt, I die! But then Ghorgor says 'No! I decide! Not body!'. Then mind becomes open; it understands that it is the big boss. It becomes powerful.''

Sounds like an autodidact technique, but quite similar to the one used in the monastery by the ones following the inside way.

[sblock=ooc]
Hi everyone. The character isn't yet approved:
L4W:pC:Nejs Ragan (Walking Dad) - ENWiki
[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
The door to the tavern opens and a lean-looking shifter enters the room, he carries a spiked chain and wears gleaming mithril chainmail. "Hello. I am Frost, just got back from the desert and could use a stiff drink" the warrior says, heading to the bar and grabbing an ale.

[sblock=ooc]
Frost, longtooth shifter tempest fighter 2 here. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=RickRoll]If I am right, it is not allowed to have two characters at the same time in the tavern, which you seems to have at the moment.[/SBLOCK]

RickRoll

First Post
The githyanki female at the bar turns to her brother, "It is rather full in here, perhaps we came to the wrong place. You told me there would be work for us. I grow impatient" K’atzn’ii says to her brother with an edge to her voice.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Another figure enters the already crowded tavern. The individual is short with a slim build. Many layers of camouflaging robes conceal most of the body with sleeves going down over the arms past the hands. A wide brimmed hat hides the face. A pale hand carries a simple staff and over the shoulders are a backpack. A few daggers on the belt.

[sblock=Insight 23 (21 for Kingdom of Jade)] His skin is very pale white on his face and his eyes are pale yellow. White makeup is used to cover his purple skin, which has designs etched in silver all over his body. He is from the Kingdom of Jade and a Stormsoul Genasi. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Waiting for my other two characters to be level total 6 and then will get him approved http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:pC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The tavern door swings open, briefly revealing the rapidly darkening dusk skies outside, and a figure swathed in thick and deeply-cowled black robes enters. After a seconds pause, it walks to the center of the room and turns slowly, seeming to look at each of the current denizens of Tavern in turn.

Its cowl tilts slightly as though it is nodding to itself, then it pulls a sheet of parchment from its robe, throws it onto a table, and pins it there with a dagger.

[sblock=Perception 20]When the figure pins the note to the table, you notice faintly glimmering silver tattoos on the figure's arm. Note: If you're going on the adventure, please post links to your Perception rolls in-thread.
[sblock=Perception 25]In the dim light of the tavern, you also notice that the figure's skin is faintly yellowish.[/sblock][/sblock]

Without a word, the figure turns and strides out of the Tavern.

[sblock=Reading the note]The words are written in Allerian, in an angular, scrawled hand:

"Agents sought for to find lost workshop on uncharted island. Gold will to be paid on departure of Eastside Dock, small black ship of named Nexal at this midnight."

There is no signature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure]The Lost Workshop adventure begins. I'll be taking up to 6 PCs, level 1ish. I'll leave you guys to organize who exactly that is.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads