Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Velmont

First Post
"You only missed a dog." replies Calisto. "And fissure is still practicing his art with the half-orc. That Tavern seems pretty crowded now."

renau1g

First Post
The door to the tavern opens up and a well-dressed human enters, he is an older gentleman, with white, thinning hair, and a magnificent handlebar mustache. He looks at the groups in the tavern, one table has a pair of githyankis and a half-orc, the other one is a large goliath, tiefling, and a half-elf.

The man looks back and forth a few times at the groups, only the sight of the half-elf seems to put him at ease.

Chef%20Auguste%20Escoffier.jpg

He walks to the table with the psionic folk and says "May I have a seat with you...people?" he asks nervously.

Presuming you say yes, he grabs a seat and begins speaking "My name is Georges Auguste Escoffier, chef extraordinaire. I hope you can help me, I am not sure how up to date you are with local politics, festivals, or culinary critiques, but there's about to be a festival in Daunton and part of it will be a cooking competition. I need some assistance acquiring certain...ingredients for some new recipes I desire to spring on the judges at this event. That's where you come in, I will prepare a list of ingredients that I need and will offer you a reward for each of them. You can tackle them in any order you desire, beyond the first one, which I require earlier than the rest. There are only three of you here, I would think that maybe a couple more individuals would be needed, just in case you ran into trouble along the way. Have any of you spoken to that half-orc? He seems capable, I mean look at that axe he's carrying" the man says, pointing to the half-orc sitting with the githyankis.

[sblock=ooc]
This is a recruitment for my new adventure. I will take the Strike Force Psion Members + 1 other. Likely Morko if he desires as its his first PC. Someone will need to grab Fissure on the way out though as he's not allowed in the tavern otherwise L4W will explode do to a space/time paradox if Incarnation and him meet. ;)

1) Ghorgor Bay - Goliath Battlemind - defender - Mal Malenkirk - 3/14 enter - 3rd PC
2) Calisto - Tiefling Psion - controller - Velmont -3/16 enter - 3rd PC
3) Fissure - Goliath Monk - striker - stonegod - 3/19 enter - 3rd PC
4) Nejs Radan - Half-Elf Ardent - Leader - Walking Dad - 3/24 enter - 3rd PC
[/sblock]

[sblock=Screamer Article]
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5058853-post33.html[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Ingredients?" she repeats. "I suppose it isn't the kind of ingredients you would find in a market, or you wouldn't be here. Afriends of Ghorgor is outside training. Wait a moment."

Calisto walks up to Morko. "Morko if I remember... if you came here, it is for a job, right? Come to our table if you are alone." She then turns to the two Githyanki. "Sorry, we needed only one more men. But employer come here regularly, you shouldn't wait much longer."

She then head back to the table and sits down. "I invited Morko. With Nejs and Ghorgor here, myself, and Fissure who is outside at the moment, we are five. That should be good. We could take one more if you want, but that sounds like a good team. By the way, my name is Calisto."

renau1g

First Post
"Fissure, one outside? The half-orc or the goliath? They were fighting each other out there. Calisto was it? Interesting name. Yes the ingredients are not common fare, at least not around these parts, very astute observation." Georges comments.

Velmont

First Post
"The Goliath." answers Calisto. "Even if I'm from the Jade Empire, my name was given to me by my adoptive mother, who never told me where she came from, so I don't know the origin of it."

renau1g

First Post
"Hmm... yes the five would make a good group. I shall wait to hear of acceptance from those inside and then ask the goliath outside, then we can depart to a more...comfortable setting." the man replies, beginning to grow more calm, despite the monstrous presence of the adventurers.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll need to do another survey soon, 9 adventurers, 0 humans... odd[/sblock]

Pwn3r3r

First Post
The half-orc turns a bit when he hears talk from the older man of him, and turns to the siblings, "I'm sorry to leave on such short notice, but as you may have heard the old man over there is in need of a bit of brute strength. May your weapons pierce the hearts and flesh of many enemies." With that the half-orc stands and makes his way over to the table with the Chef. "So, ya need some ingredients for some food? Sounds easy enough. Not sure what my axe can do for picking flowers, but I'll give it a shot!"

[sblock=ooc]
I am still awaiting a second approval, unless I have been approved and just didn't receive a second email.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ghorgor stares slack jawed at the moustache while Callisto chats with George. He finnally recovers from his shock and covers his tactlessness as best he can.

-''Uh... so you cook chicken? You look like you cook chicken. But I sure you no want us to kill chicken. Is not hard to get chicken. Maybe you want giant frog? If yes, you just wait here, I get you giant frog in no time. You even get dog for free!''

Ghorgor looks around for the kua-toa he saw moments ago.

renau1g

First Post
"Well you can surely cook a frog, I cook them all the time. Their legs are particularly tasty, however even a giant frog wouldn't taste much different than a smaller one. No, I'm looking for something even more exciting than that. And no my dear half-orc, no flower picking for you, it would be a waste of that axe I would think." Georges replies.

[sblock=ooc]
Just need confirmation from WD that he's in (which I'm sure will come later this evening/early morning (EST) and then we can move to the IC thread. [/sblock]

Remove ads