Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
The door burst open and a dwarf in jet black plate with a large shield walks in. He been here many times before. Pausing for a few minutes, scanning for familiar friends, he finds none. He frowns a bit and the bellows "I'm Kruk, come'n back here look'n for work! If you're in need of a battering ram, I'm your guy." Kruk, unintentionally drools on his beard with his last statement. He casually wipes it off with his forearm, a movement that he does quite often. "Excuse me all as I freshen up a bit and get a couple ales to tempt the pallet...naw...I think I'll freshen up later for I have a powerful thirst." He strides up the bar and orders several mugs, downing one quickly. "Ahhhhhh...that hit the spot!" Turing back to the rest of the patrons he states "I'll be here all day if some ones look'n for hiring."

industrygothica

Adventurer
A halfling slips through the door behind Kruk. Small even for her race, she finds an empty stool and makes ease of the task of climbing upon it. She winks at Kruk, and helps herself to one of his mugs. "Thanks fer buyin' a lady an ale, old friend," she says, and drains it nearly as fast as the dwarf. It seems that whatever issues she may have had with him before have clearly been erased.

She slaps a couple of gold pieces on the counter and slides them to the bartender. "Keep 'em coming," she says. "Carolina's thirsty."

dimsdale

First Post
A halfling slips through the door behind Kruk. Small even for her race, she finds an empty stool and makes ease of the task of climbing upon it. She winks at Kruk, and helps herself to one of his mugs. "Thanks fer buyin' a lady an ale, old friend," she says, and drains it nearly as fast as the dwarf. It seems that whatever issues she may have had with him before have clearly been erased.

She slaps a couple of gold pieces on the counter and slides them to the bartender. "Keep 'em coming," she says. "Carolina's thirsty."

Psssssssstttt! Ale spurts everywhere as Kruk sees Carolina for the first time while he was in the middle of quaffing another ale. Now that his mouth is now empty. "CAROLINA! Good to see you again!" Turning to the bartender. "BAR KEEP. Another ale for the halfing...after she finishes the rest of mine...HA HA HA!" It is obvious to the rest of the patrons that the friendship shown between the dwarf and the halfing has been based on many adventures where the two have been through hell and back.

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
"It is good to meet you Zhen, as my sister mentioned I am D'keth. I didn't catch your name" the githyanki says to wide-brimmed hat person. "Greetings to you as well Kruk and Carolina. You have the look of some who've been through a little bit of trouble" D'keth adds, turning to the newcomers

johnmeier1

Explorer
The man standing with Zhen turns to D'keth. You can call me Raijin he responds curtly but bows politely to her. He looks at Kruk and Carolina's behavior with distaste.

renau1g

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open wide as a towering bugbear enters the tavern, he carries the head of a white dragon with him.

"Hi all! I is Kane, me and magicman and musicman...and...uh Hergunna, kill this dragon, it think it god like Lauto...haha. So we come back from island of lizards and need some good drink, maybe we hang this over the bar? Oh....look at that one, it like baby black lizard head too" Kane says, pointing to the black dragon wyrmling head on the wall.

He hands the trophy to the stunned bartender and now you notice he's also wearing some white dragon's scaled armor, likely from the same creature he is bearing the head of. The bugbear carries a pair of axes, deadly looking tools, across his back, within easy reach. He sees the dwarf and halfling drinking and saunters over.

"Hi! You look like you have good times, Kane need a good laugh today, it not such a good day, we see woman and her hole family killed by dragon, glad we kill it to get revenge." the bugbear says as he grabs a pint of ale and toasts the duo with him. He hungrily devours a chicken placed in front of him, while sliding over a coin to the bartender.

[sblock=ooc]
Kane, level 5 (maybe) bugbear barbarian. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Back in his shadowed corner, the arcane warforged twists the smoke in his hand as he sees some of the newcomers. Soon, Rurdev. The sign of the fire staff and the holy sword are nigh. He points to some other marks from his hands left in the worn word of the table, the indicates the two new drinking partners. The weeping eye drinks with the dark mail. Past companions soon parted. The waiting is almost over.[sblock=OOC]The two from Crimelord we aren't looking for are here now. :p[/sblock]

Remove ads