PPA: The Case of the Eerie Aerie

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
The Senechal looked on and listened with mild interest. "The diplomatic approach has not availed us of the egg," She interjected. "Thunderthrill is presently sedated, but the moment that egg is removed from her clutch, she'll be roused by instinct to guard and protect. I recommend against bodily engaging her to obtain the egg - or whatever it is." She easily conceded that the griffon hadn't laid the golden egg.

That same egg showed its truer colors under the piercing gaze of Velastri's divination. Scintillating aura's clashed and fought for dominance, the ovoid object consisting of multiple dweomers. Each filigree of gold intertwined and formed its own aura, encasing a powerful glow within. Through the divination, Velastri could see the object as hollow, a basket of fine gold filigree.

There were eight twisted wires in all, which gave the whole its ovoid shape. These exterior wires of gold shown clear with a strong aura of magic, each filigree representative of a different school of classical magic. Whatever it contained gave the object a sense of density and weight that it probably didn't possess. That yolk of magic was overwhelming and considerably brighter than the surrounding structure of ensorcelled filigree.

OOC: Detect Magic - "Egg"
- 8 Wires/Exterior auras = 1 School each (Strong)
- Interior aura = Universal (Overwhelming)

Shayuri

First Post
Shard nodded at the Senechal, and said, "All right. Here's my idea then. We'll use a one-two. Big griffon standing between Thunderthrill and the gate, and then I'll use a spell to move the egg out. The griffon will stop her from just grabbing the egg back, and it won't take long for me to get it out. Then when it's out, I can send the griffon back...and Thunderthrill won't have a scratch on her."

She shrugged. "Of course, she'll be mad as hells, but you can't have everything, right?"

BOB101

First Post
Sounds like a plan,
To the Senechal, Do we have a griffon who is big enough, and intimidating enough to keep Thunderthrill at bay?, and who would be willing to help?

To Shard, If we can not, the option is still open to use me. Regardless of your faith in my abilities, Im thinking I can stand toe to toe with this mighty beast, if I concentrate on keeping my self in one piece (OOC total defense) I can hold the line untill you get the egg out. If I time it correctly, I can make for the gate, while you all close it. I might even have a potion or two that can help in my task. One to make he as big as him, and one to make me as strong.

Either way, are we worried that she might hurt herself in her rage, after we get the egg? Is there anyway to put her back down to sleep when it's done?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Korva makes an odd sound in her throat (which may well be a stifled snort-giggle). "Randall, If I am understanding Shard correctly, she is proposing to summon a griffon to aid in this while she again uses her magics to draw the egg from the cage." She waves her hand in the air. "Using telekinesis or some such magic, I would suppose." She barely suppresses a smile; in fact, she doesn't but it's clear that she is trying to do so. "One might even think that she could manage this alone but we had better stand by and be ready, just in case."

She turns to Shard and smiles. "Shard, dear, your plan is the best that we have and I have nothing to say that will improve upon it. I'm ready whenever you are." Korva goes over to one side of the cage door and waits. Under her breath she says, "Pyoter, I hope you are near. If this doesn't work..."

BOB101

First Post
With a wink and a knowing nod to Korva, Randall sets up next to the gate, ready to enter should the need arise.
Well, Lets get this show going.

Shayuri

First Post
Shard took a deep breath and positioned her hands in a symmetric mudra. She closed her eyes and began a sort of rhythmic chant under her breath.

"Num-eye-dah, num-eye-dah, num-eye-dah..."

The glint of the crystal in her forehead blossomed into white light, as though illuminated from within. Other voices seemed to creep into the chant, including a deep-throated warbling at the edge of hearing.

"numidanumidanumidanumida..."

Her hands trembled...and then broke apart as if suddenly thrust away from each other by an unseen force. A circle of white runes appeared on the floor of the griffon's paddock, between where the beast slumbered and the door itself. In a flare of pure light, a creature appeared within that circle; a wolf the size of a pony, with rich golden fur and flashing yellow eyes. It looked at the griffon and tensed...

...Shard's eyes flew open and she whispered, "Don't. Just stand there."

The great wolf relented, but stayed tense. The sorceress blinked and stared at it, then frowned. "You're not a griffon. I specifically asked for a griffon. Pfeh. Well, you'll do."

She twirled a finger in the air and spoke an arcane word. There was a glimmer of light from the crystal, but no more. She then peered through the slats of the paddock door, guiding an invisible force towards the egg...

(Okay! Summon Monster IV (which as I read Pathfinder rules, cannot actually summon griffons...oops. :)), for a dire wolf to be cover for the egg roll. Then Unseen Servant to move the egg away from the griffon and under the wolf...and then to the paddock door where we can get at it. The wolf will basically let the griffon attack it freely, distracting it until we can get the egg.)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Korva's eyes widen and her mouth falls open. She closes it with a snap and looks at Shard with new respect. She lets the beginning of a smile tug at the corners of her mouth and she nods. "Very impressive." As the other woman casts her second spell, Korva turns her attention back to the griffon egg. She makes ready to act in whatever manner may be required of her and the tension can be seen in the line of her body as she waits...

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
Slumbering still, the Thunderthrill remained curled in it's nest. The sudden appearance of the massive wolf failed to stir the griffon. Its newfound golden egg was nestled partly beneath feathers in some feigned effort to warm the egg. Silently, the egg was tugged through another spell. The pitiful force was incapable of yielding more than a minor movement and worse, a stirring of the griffon. There was no doubt that strength and speed would be required to pilfer the egg from the griffon's clutch. While the short-lived wolf would offer some safety on the awakening of the griffon, Shards other working of magic proved insufficient for its desired task.

OOC: Needs a disarm attempt to obtain the egg. (Unseen Servant insufficient)
- Griffon: CMD 19 (no dex) / No AOO Provoked / Flat-Footed

Dragonwriter

First Post
Velastri contemplates the possible meaning of the strangely-wrought "egg" and the magics entwined within. As Shard's Servant fails to elicit any movement, the half-elf realizes the possible danger of the magical interaction.

"If you're going to use any stronger magics, be careful Shard. That egg is crafted and enchanted with powers from all eight schools. And they were cast by someone powerful... My eyes hurt just looking at the aura clash."

Shayuri

First Post
Shard scowls. "The egg's fine," she grumbles. "But the griffon's holding it too tight for my spell to move. The wolf can only grab it in his mouth, and that might be risky...we may need someone to get in there and snatch it away after all..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases