Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Character Generator

ggeilman

First Post
I used to use PCGen. It was great in 3.0 and good in 3.5 but too cumbersome in Pathfinder so I bit the bullet and bought HeroLab. Yes, it is pricey for a DM, but it is a great tool and they have regular patch fixes. I never was one for paid Character generators in the past but this one has changed my mind.

brvheart

Explorer
The largest advantage is the level of support that you can install packages for it. Yes, each set costs money but it takes time to develop them also. That and I just find it a lot less cumbersome.

foscadh

First Post
The largest advantage is the level of support that you can install packages for it. Yes, each set costs money but it takes time to develop them also. That and I just find it a lot less cumbersome.
That will teach me to be more carefull in my replies. I was actually asking in regards to this:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm actually working on a free web-based character creator for Pathfinder: Venture Captain. It's still in beta technically, but it currently supports all the core class features, racial traits, feats, skills, magic weapons & armor.
But it was at the end of the first page and I missed the fact that we were currently on the 3rd.
I have Hero Labs. My wife likes it a lot better than Pcgen. I tend to prefer pcgen however. Free including all the data and the ease of adding custom stuff give it an edge to me.

foscadh

First Post
I used to use PCGen. It was great in 3.0 and good in 3.5 but too cumbersome in Pathfinder ....

Any of the post 6.0 versions of PcGen handle Pathfinder pretty well. I thought it was a bit easier to use HeroLab right of the bat and it looks prettier. Having to buy all the supplements as well as the program can get pricey though. The supplements come out faster though.

MadBrewLabs

Explorer
That will teach me to be more carefull in my replies. I was actually asking in regards to this:

Well, unfortunately for Venture Captain (but fortunately for me), my career exploded and I found myself with a lot less time. So a comparison of what could have been may not be all that important. The site is still up, but I haven't had much time to develop it further...

Remove ads