Pathfinder 1E [Legendary Games] The ARCFORGE UNIVERSE Kickstarter is live for Pathfinder RPG!

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
I am legitimately surprised by and curious about why you chose to do this for PF 1E and not 2E.
This is a compilation and revision of 12 existing Pathfinder 1e books (the original 11 Arcforge plus Terrors From the Id: The Book of Psionic Horror). There are additions being made to the original books, but rewriting all of them for 2nd edition would be a herculean endeavor.

Reynard

Legend
This is a compilation and revision of 12 existing Pathfinder 1e books (the original 11 Arcforge plus Terrors From the Id: The Book of Psionic Horror). There are additions being made to the original books, but rewriting all of them for 2nd edition would be a herculean endeavor.
Do you expect there to be a strong demand? I mean, obviously you must. I guess what I'm asking as a person who fan base. From PF1E to 5E but has now switched "back" from 5E to PF2ER, does PF1 still have a dedicated fanbase?

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
Do you expect there to be a strong demand? I mean, obviously you must. I guess what I'm asking as a person who fan base. From PF1E to 5E but has now switched "back" from 5E to PF2ER, does PF1 still have a dedicated fanbase?
It isn't as big as it once was, but there is still a sufficient PF1 community to fund this project to its current point. I should point out that a few smaller publishers such as Studio M and Drop Dead Studios have continued to support PF1 over recent years, with both publishers having dedicated online fanbases. Pathfinder Society also continues to support PF1 play in official events.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
does PF1 still have a dedicated fanbase?
Animated GIF

dead

Explorer
Based on what you've described, I think Arcforge is the best fit for the game you want to run. In particular, the Aurin portion of the setting covered in Spheres Left Behind, Starlight Inheritors, and Gleam of Eternity (all of which are compiled in the Universe Cyclopedia) seems up your alley.
Thanks for the summary. I've been doing some more reading about the setting and had some more questions...

Is Vandara the homeworld of the humans and all the Tolkein peoples? Is the planet still inhabitable or is it a wasteland after the Qlippoth scourge?

Have you ever entertained doing a sourcebook set on Vandara in a low-tech period so a traditional fantasy game could be played (with possible time travel shenanigans into Vandara's high-tech future)?

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
Thanks for the summary. I've been doing some more reading about the setting and had some more questions...

Is Vandara the homeworld of the humans and all the Tolkein peoples? Is the planet still inhabitable or is it a wasteland after the Qlippoth scourge?

Have you ever entertained doing a sourcebook set on Vandara in a low-tech period so a traditional fantasy game could be played (with possible time travel shenanigans into Vandara's high-tech future)?
Vandara is the homeworld of humans and the peoples derived from them (elves, orcs, halflings, dwarves, goblins, etc.). These peoples all split off from humanity over the last few centuries as a result of magical transformations or creation (for example, orcs were created by the Cidali empire as super-soldiers). Although the once-dominant superpower of Halkenir has been wiped off the map and most other nations are struggling to rebuild after decades fighting the Qlippoth, a good portion of Vandara is still relatively untouched and rife for adventure opportunity.

As for low-tech periods, that was actually written as part of the first stretch goal. The Universe Cyclopedia will contain details on playing during the Makers' War, the Dragonson War, the Halken Golden Age, and the Bleeding Moons War. Each operates at a unique technology level with different sociopolitical dynamics.

dead

Explorer
Vandara is the homeworld of humans and the peoples derived from them (elves, orcs, halflings, dwarves, goblins, etc.). These peoples all split off from humanity over the last few centuries as a result of magical transformations or creation (for example, orcs were created by the Cidali empire as super-soldiers). Although the once-dominant superpower of Halkenir has been wiped off the map and most other nations are struggling to rebuild after decades fighting the Qlippoth, a good portion of Vandara is still relatively untouched and rife for adventure opportunity.

As for low-tech periods, that was actually written as part of the first stretch goal. The Universe Cyclopedia will contain details on playing during the Makers' War, the Dragonson War, the Halken Golden Age, and the Bleeding Moons War. Each operates at a unique technology level with different sociopolitical dynamics.
Sounds good. Are any of those low-tech periods in a "medieval-type" era where you might run a traditional PF1 fantasy game?

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
Sounds good. Are any of those low-tech periods in a "medieval-type" era where you might run a traditional PF1 fantasy game?
The Dragonson War is probably the closest to classic RPG fantasy, an era known best for a global civil war among dragons which ended up dragging the peoples of the time (humans, kobolds, giants, and various scaled peoples like the naga and lizardfolk) into the conflict. This is well before mortal knowledge reached any advanced state.

The Halken Golden Age has some basic firearms in Halkenir itself, but feudalism is still the norm in much of the world and magic hasn't industrialized yet.

The Makers' War and Bleeding Moons War are different flavors of extreme-high-magic extreme-high-tech, detailing all-out conflict that spans a solar system.

dead

Explorer
The Dragonson War is probably the closest to classic RPG fantasy, an era known best for a global civil war among dragons which ended up dragging the peoples of the time (humans, kobolds, giants, and various scaled peoples like the naga and lizardfolk) into the conflict. This is well before mortal knowledge reached any advanced state.

The Halken Golden Age has some basic firearms in Halkenir itself, but feudalism is still the norm in much of the world and magic hasn't industrialized yet.

The Makers' War and Bleeding Moons War are different flavors of extreme-high-magic extreme-high-tech, detailing all-out conflict that spans a solar system.
Thanks for the info. Sounds awesome.

Are the Arcforge Players Compendium and Arcforge Universe Cyclopedia softcover or hardcover? And are they properly offset printed or just PoDs?

Also, I was considering these, too:

Alien Bestiary Companion
Alien Codex
Mechanical Monsters

Remove ads