• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

Otakkun

Explorer
Help me out in here.

I remember someone getting approval for some sort of "homebrew" superior axe with reach some time ago. Can't find it though.... I just have this amazing image I'd like to turn into a character...

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
NT. I'd like to say I'll miss you, but Love Bites hasn't gone anywhere since the 30th of July. So I guess, in my book, you've already been gone for over two weeks ;)

To which state are you moving?

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Hey, guys... I'm back... and I've got a bit more materials access now(and looking at some of the new stuff, I've found some things that would suit Rujah better). If HM has found a reason for Rujah to be removed from the adventure in a more than, "Rujah stepped out for a bit" capacity, if I could do some sort of 'rebuild' to better suit him before heading back into the tavern?

I forget the policies and figured it'd be best to let everyone know I am alive. :p

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey, guys... I'm back... and I've got a bit more materials access now(and looking at some of the new stuff, I've found some things that would suit Rujah better). If HM has found a reason for Rujah to be removed from the adventure in a more than, "Rujah stepped out for a bit" capacity, if I could do some sort of 'rebuild' to better suit him before heading back into the tavern?

I forget the policies and figured it'd be best to let everyone know I am alive. :p

I think it is H.M.G's decision, but we are just about to leave the location where Rujah left via a teleport ritual scroll.

evilbob

Explorer
So I'm thinking of retiring Empathy, mostly because playing a psychic character is extremely boring. I'm sure having an average roll of about 7 didn't help much, but having basically 2 options for every battle just gets old. (Then again, maybe I'm just tired of level 1 characters.) Also, the RP direction I took the character in didn't really go anywhere.

In any case, I wanted to double-check the retirement rules. My plan is to sack her and give a boost to my other character, Mervin, since he is perpetually 2 levels behind in every adventure he has participated in, and I'm not really interested in making a 2nd PC again right now.

Empathy just received 1696 XP, taking her to level 2. My understanding is that I can retire her and then divide that total in half for 848 XP, and then spend it on my other character, which would ding level 4 for him. Then, I can gain some sort of time gold, and this is rather confusing, but... I think he'd have 848 / 145 (level 4) = 5.85 months of time gold, which translates into 175 (level 4) x either 5, or 5.8, or maybe 6, I'm not sure, for a total of somewhere between 875 g and 1050 g.

Does this seem correct? And would it be ok to round up for time gold, or does it need to round down?

Remove ads