L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
Just an FYI, I'll be away tomorrow. Kids are having surgery so I may be incommunicado all weekend. Nothing major, they'll be home by lunch, but just a heads up that I might not update until Monday.

Dekana

Explorer
Character creation guide said:
6. Review Process
To avoid errors two people (called character checkers), at least one of them a L4W judge, will look at your sheet.
Do I need any sort of approval from the judges to act as a character checker? I've been approving some sheets on the wiki, but I don't mean to step on anyone's toes.

On that note, was it possible to get a list of characters who are waiting for review? I seem to remember someone asking this before (scorpiusrisk I think?) I don't entirely trust the L4W:Requesting Approval template for this.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
If you want to start checking on a regular basis just say so and provide your email account and you can be added to the distribution list. But no, any active player may check sheets.

According my personal list there's two people waiting for just a review. Lily, and Hergunna. There are a couple who need to make changes before further review.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Does anyone use or can recommend a text editor that does BBCode, for writing up posts offline?

I dont' know about BBCode, but I've found Notepad Tabs, which I find quite useful. As DM, I can do an ongoing narrative in one text file while maintaining the crunchy bits in another (or others, as is typically the case, all in the same window.

BBCode would be handy, though.

-IG

covaithe

Explorer
I once found an offline BBCode text editor with a half hour of googling. I think I used it maybe twice, then lost interest. I think I found that it just didn't speed me up that much. YMMV.

Remove ads