Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Quiet down, Sloor.

This earns Keyton a clenching of the fists, and something more bludgeony is coming right after it too - but then the besalisk realizes he means it in a tactical way and ducks back down, a bit embarrassed.

I feel we should try to keep the kybucks. Just dismount and walk them out and side trek this whole area all together. Being out in the open like this is pretty dangerous with 2 to 1 numbers. It doesn't seem as if they are on any more alert then normal. This is good since the scouts may not have sent word. I'm all for bypassing this area.

"Hadn't realized that was an awptian... Right, let's gaw fawr that then. Verimak man." Still squawting, Sloor points straight at the outpost, then to the six of them (counting the droid) and finally makes a far-around walking motion with his fingers. "Wawrks fawr you?"

<Response Verimak?

Songdragon

Explorer
Looks at Sloor and asks in a straight up manner not being sarcastic, "Have you not had any bad experinces with the Empire as of yet? The way they treat decent folks, can be appalling."

She looks to Mack, "I am sure that I can create some sort of distraction, but I think an actually illusion might be over the top. I can save the ability if things go wrong."

"Stealth it is then. Let me know when you are all ready and I will create a distraction."

((ooc: Can stealth be used to move the kybucks with stealth as well? ))

Binder Fred

Looks at Sloor and asks in a straight up manner not being sarcastic, "Have you not had any bad experinces with the Empire as of yet? The way they treat decent folks, can be appalling."
"Uh?" The big alien frowns down at her, "Have we met? I'm Sloor, and I ain't decent."

TB heroically refrains from commenting.

«I think the plan is to go the long way round, i.e. well out of sight of the guards. We could use the illusion if it looks like they're going to spot us anyway, sort of like a Help Another bonus? Everybody should be on the lookout for sensors while we move, by the way. They're bound to have a few scattered about.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: OOC: I have been waiting for Possum to chime in on some of the questions we asked. But from a meta-game point of view, I don't think going around is an option, but that is the smart play. Besides, think of the XP we would get for killing them. :p

possum

First Post
The starting grid does not mean that a fight is imminent. So, yes, you can attempt to sneak past the small outpost. The kybucks will have to make their own stealth checks, but I will allow you all to guide them.

As for the heavy weapons and vehicles, you'll have to make perception checks for that... One of the groups of enemies, the SKs, are scout troopers. Neither of them seem to be on extra alert.

That answer all the questions?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack says, "Well, I am not so stealthy, but this idea of using the mushroom to block their view and we make it to the river might work. Then we use the distraction to focus their attention away as we slip by."

"But first, I want another look at these troopers again."

When he returns, the soldier looks around and asks Mir and Sloor, "With either of your skills, can we make a disguise to help us look like flora or something? Maybe we can all hide inside a mushroom and only move when the imps are not looking." Mack chuckles at the cartoon like suggestion, but hoping that his idea might actually spark something workable from the others.

Perception (1d20+9=29); What a waste of a 20. :erm:

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Nebten

First Post
I would rather not use a distraction. Let sleeping akk dogs lie. If we backtrack enough and circle around them, that should be enough. No need to put ourselves in a position to be seen if we are out of their line of sight all together.

Binder Fred

"Uh?" The big alien frowns down at her, "Have we met? I'm Sloor, and I ain't decent."

«Silence? If so:

"Saw what did they ever daw taw you?" He *has* sort of been wondering why she's here.

«Response Mir?

I would rather not use a distraction. Let sleeping akk dogs lie. If we backtrack enough and circle around them, that should be enough. No need to put ourselves in a position to be seen if we are out of their line of sight all together.

"Frekking unbelievable, but I'm with batan-baw awn this awne." He gives Keyton a wondering, the-world-is-going-mad look before reluctantly moving on, "Me and Mir have awer cammouflage panchaws, saw we're gawd fawr disguises. Verimak's green... The rest awf you can gaw for a mud-cake and a hat full awf twigs if you want," He grins, one hand reaching down to scoop up a healthy helping of goopy mud, "I'll help."

If nobody stops him, he'll start smearing mud on Mack's more visible parts. :angel:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<<OOC: Mack acquired an All-temp Cloak. I think it was in prep for this mission and should have the same camo pattern, but I cannot remember for sure anymore. I tried to go back and look, but that's like looking for a needle in a haystack at this point.

But I am all for using the mud if it provides a circumstance bonus for the Stealth check. Mack only has a +3 for that. No one likes the walking mushroom idea. :p>>

Mack says,
"I don't mind the mud, it will wash off. Besides the body glove liner with keep the crap out of my underwear." Mack's a soldier and not squeamish about such things.

As for back tracking and going around, he doesn't have faith that it will that easy. Given the terrain and Verimak's reaction, they will still pass within sight of either this outpost or another one. But he feels that it is worth a shot. However, he is also a little flabbergasted at the sudden change of mind-set from the Jedi. Normally Keyton is all about just charging right in, but Mack decides not to comment aloud on such things.

<<Still have this from an earlier post.
Perception (1d20+9=29)>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"I have good reason to believe they killed my parents." She sighs and looks at Sloor with compassion, "I am sure that under that macho me, there is a good person under there. But hey, I have been wrong before." She says the last with a smile.

She then looks to the others, "I have practice at this stealth thing, if someone wants to use the poncho, feel free." (( I cannot recall if they are +5 or +10 to stealth, I do not have access to my books right now))

"If we are going to do this we should get going. Hope for the best, watch for trouble and deal with troubles as they come."

((Search my Feelings Check (for attempting to stealth past these troopers) 1d20+13=28 Stealth check 1d20+8=22 ))

Remove ads