• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

News article reflecting on roleplaying as a positive influence

caudor

Adventurer
I'm glad to see a news source reflecting on roleplaying games in a positive light (that's a refreshing change :)). I never inserted on URL into a post before, but I'll give it a try. Hopefully I did this right...

Role-playing games pull reluctant school kids into a supportive crowd / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

edit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor. I'm not intending this thread to be used to discuss religion or anything like that. I was looking at the content of the article. From what I understand, the CSM is a well-respected world news source based in the US.

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
Iedit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor.

FWIW, CSM is a pretty well regarded and unbiased paper. Certainly quoting them is no more introducing politics than quoting from something like the Arkansas Democrat.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I'm glad to see a news source reflecting on roleplaying games in a positive light (that's a refreshing change :)). I never inserted on URL into a post before, but I'll give it a try. Hopefully I did this right...

Role-playing games pull reluctant school kids into a supportive crowd / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

edit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor. I'm not intending this thread to be used to discuss religion or anything like that. I was looking at the content of the article. From what I understand, the CSM is a well-respected world news source based in the US.

The Christian Science Monitor is not religiously partisan so there is no need to worry.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I honestly do not think I have ever read a more positive article about D&D and RPGs in a mainstream newspaper.

That would be "Evar". As in never once in 35 years have I read an article as positive as that one.

Gary and Dave would be justifiably proud. In fairness though, I think the real credit in this case goes to the proprietors of The Game Loft.

Remove ads