[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

dimsdale

First Post
To the crime scene then Grakk states authoritatively, itching to move forward on the advestigation, sensing that the missing shovel might be an important clue.

Voda Vosa

First Post
You have 30 hours before execution.

You have discovered a new clue, a new evidence and a new place to go

[sblock=Places to go you actually know of]

New clues and a a new place to go. There's still Gimo's stuff to look at.

-Tavern[2 hour walking, 2 hour returning]
-Mr Tine House[2 hours walking, 2 hours returning]
-The Clay pits [3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-Mr. Simpletown establishment[2 hour walking, 2 hour returning]
-Addressless door[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
-City watch[Current Location]
-Crime scene [1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Important NPCs]
Mr. Simpletown
Mrs Tine
Mr Tine
Mr Raspyhand
Simpletown's foreman
Watch's Captain
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Evidence]
-A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.
-A box with a broke flask.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current clues]
-Gimo smells lie rotten water
-The dwarf at the strange door had weird eyes.
-Gimo's shovel is missing (Not in wagon, clay stablishment, nor watch)
-Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
-Several witnesses recognized him
-Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
-Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
-Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
-There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Yes, the crime scene would seem to be the best place to go next," agrees Morvannon. Before he leaves, he takes the watch captain aside. "Sir," he says in a low voice, "if it is at all possible to slow down the legal proceedings, I would ask you to do so. Something is foul here, and I believe this man has either been used as a target or is being used to target someone else."

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy check: 18.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"To be completly honest with you I had the same impression, however I can't affect the course of justice." The captain says in a straight and authoritary voice. After that, placing a hand on the half elf's shoulder, he says in whispers. "I could always mess with the system, but not say it loudly. I'll try to delay Gimo's trial at the best of my abilities, but I can't promise anything." He then separates from the warlock and bides the group farewell.

OOC: The captain will try to give you more time if able. Nice move there RedBeardJim.
Moving to the crime scene then?

Voda Vosa

First Post
The captain gives Bell a letter to present to the guards at the crime scene and bides you farewell.
The group exits the Watch dependencies and move towards the crime scene. Upon reaching their destination they find the place surrounded by agents of the watch, that stop commoners from stepping over the crime scene.
The guards interrogate you about your business but the letter dissipates any trace of doubts. He lets you in instantly.

The place is a butchery. There's a fountain in the middle of the open space, flanked by benches and potted plants on the pebbled street. The stones are red, stained by dry blood. The bodies have been removed, but the shapes of the blood stains on the floor easily allows one to figure out where were them.

Bystanders often peek between the guards to see what is happening in there, and make disgusted gesticulations at the blood and such, before moving on. This place is a passage area between two busy commercial zones.

The walls of the buildings that mark the limits of the place have no windows nor doors. There is just one dark alleyway, the only exit from the fountain area, beside the street.

Clues could be everywhere!

You have 29 hours before execution.

[sblock=Places to go you actually know of]

New clues and a a new place to go. There's still Gimo's stuff to look at.

-Tavern[3 hour walking,3 hour returning]
-Mr Tine House[3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-The Clay pits [4 hours walking, 4 hours returning]
-Mr. Simpletown establishment[3 hour walking, 3 hour returning]
-Addressless door[2 hours walking, 2 hours returning]
-City watch[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
-Crime scene [Current Location]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Important NPCs]
Mr. Simpletown
Mrs Tine
Mr Tine
Mr Raspyhand
Simpletown's foreman
Watch's Captain
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Evidence]
-A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.
-A box with a broke flask.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current clues]
-Gimo smells lie rotten water
-The dwarf at the strange door had weird eyes.
-Gimo's shovel is missing (Not in wagon, clay stablishment, nor watch)
-Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
-Several witnesses recognized him
-Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
-Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
-Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
-There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I understand why the justice is so hasty... but it must not come at the price of innocent." tells Jarel-karn. He then takes a moment to observe the scene from where he stands. After having fought Rinch the Riser, he was used to carnage and was becoming familiar with rituals asking for blood and undead creation. Jarel-karn took a moment to find any clue that could link that carnage to magical ritual, or anything related to undeath and immortality.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Arcane; Religion; Perception (1d20+12=29, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+2=6)[/SBLOCK]

After a moment, he walks to the guard and gives the paper given by the Captain. "So, what have you found up to now here?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The genasi is sure that there is no magic operating here. He also thinks that religion is pretty, and while thinking that he absentmindedly scratches his eye instead of his eyebrow, making any observation futile for a while. Rubbing his eye he approaches the guard and asks him about what they have found, to which the guard shrugs.

"Dead people."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases