[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon takes in the scene, saying nothing, for several minutes. He lets his eyes scan over the crowd, narrowing as one face catches his attention. In area with busy foot traffic like this, there's no particular reason for someone to stay in one place for more than a few moments. Excusing himself from his companions, the half-elf slips into the crowd, casually making his way to the side of the onlooker he'd spotted. "My pardon," he begins, "but you look like you've got a story to tell, and I'm looking for someone to tell me one."

[sblock=ooc]Skill checks: Streetwise 26, Diplomacy 20.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Cliff first walks toward the fountain, his steps careful so as to not destroy any evidence. The shifter carefully pulls out a conch shell from his pouch. Gathered from his home, they were a delicacy, the shamans said they could induce visions. The shifter pulls the meat from the shell and placed it on his tongue. In the other hand he pulled out a handful of sand and sprinkled into the fountain. He swallowed the mollusk meat and looked into the depths of the water.

When his vision returns from the spirit world, the shifter's gaze wanders to the alleyway. The shifter strides over easily, peering around for clues. There was something there, he could feel it.

[sblock=ooc]nature/perception (1d20+12=26, 1d20+14=31)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The genasi is sure that there is no magic operating here. He also thinks that religion is pretty, and while thinking that he absentmindedly scratches his eye instead of his eyebrow, making any observation futile for a while. Rubbing his eye he approaches the guard and asks him about what they have found, to which the guard shrugs.

"Dead people."

Grakk moves to the guard. Are the dead nearby? Maybe a clue can be found from observing the wounds. Take me to them.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"They are at the morgue, the minister and his bodyguards, three bodies. I'm on duty, belly boy, I aint movin' from 'ere." replies dryly the guard to the Goliath.

Perhaps it wasn't the spirits who talked to the shifter, but rather good luck. As he peer into the water, he saw a piece of glass in the bottom. Searching around the fountain revealed additional pieces of glass, apparently from a broken bottle. The ones outside the water contained traces of a strange orange liquid.

Cliff lets his companions knw about that, and wanders off to the alleyway, following some spirit perhaps? Despite the delirious imagination of the shifter, his keen vision caught something odd in the place, a piece of parchment, blue paper of some sort. It appeared to be the schematics of some sort of tunnel based place. There's also a code written hastly on the upper corner of the plans. "5409385"

Morvannon walked among the crow like a messiah, he talked to several of the people assembled there, but could not obtain any useful information, beside some useful instruction on several ways to cook chicken, clean blood from a pebbled floor, insightful information on how expensive are vegetables this time of the year and so on. Overwhelmed by the amount of trivial information, he returned to the fountain where his friends have found something more useful.

You have 28 hours before execution.
New evidences and a clue.
[sblock=Places to go you actually know of]
-Tavern[3 hour walking,3 hour returning]
-Mr Tine House[3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-The Clay pits [4 hours walking, 4 hours returning]
-Mr. Simpletown establishment[3 hour walking, 3 hour returning]
-Addressless door[2 hours walking, 2 hours returning]
-City watch[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
-Crime scene [Current Location]
-City watch[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Important NPCs]
Mr. Simpletown
Mrs Tine
Mr Tine
Mr Raspyhand
Simpletown's foreman
Watch's Captain
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Evidence]
-A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.
-A box with a broke flask.
-Shatered pieces of glass with orange liquied
-Schematics of somewhere
-A code: 5409385
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current clues]
-You found a code on a public place schematic, perhaps its a password of sorts.
-Gimo smells lie rotten water[/U]
-The dwarf at the strange door had weird eyes. [/U]
-Gimo's shovel is missing (Not in wagon, clay stablishment, nor watch)
-Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
-Several witnesses recognized him
-Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
-Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
-Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
-There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"They are at the morgue, the minister and his bodyguards, three bodies. I'm on duty, belly boy, I aint movin' from 'ere." replies dryly the guard to the Goliath.

Belly boy! The goliath says angerly. In my travels I once encountered a sorcerer who often referred to a fat dwarf healer as that...recently I heard that the spell caster was burried under tons of rubble. How would you like that fate to happen to you!

ooc: Sorry VV I couldn't resist ;)

After relaxing his grip on his sword, the barbarian turns and heads towards the others.

Velmont

First Post
"Where next? Maybe we should go see the victims bodies. After all, there might be a motivation to kill them that we could learn by identifying them or looking how they got killed." suggests Jarel-karn.

Ozymandias79

First Post
"I am more interested in where he fled after he did the deed and I am thinking that he fled through sewers seeing as his clothed smelled of sewers water, so where is the nearest sewer entrance? anybody wanna search with me?" the warforged says

[sblock=Rolls]aid another on Perception:Success; aid another on Streetwise: Fails [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Cliff holds the pieces of bottle out for the bard. "Perhaps you can identify what was in this bottle." The shifter tries to examine the paper, trying to identify anything that would be a landmark. "Let's see if we can find a sewer entrance. We'll gather our bearings from there."

Remove ads