[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric looks at Fury after Zelena lays into him. "What'd I say?"

He still is curious about the question and hopes the mermaid will answer despite the gnome motherly behavior.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo had entered at the back of the group. His steps a little sluggish as the walking to and from the temple took a small toll.

He is just about to head back to the hall to the private rooms when Fury cries out. Turning sharply his fatigue gone as the adrenaline starts to flow he reaches for his mace. His gaze follows that of the roguish warrior and his mace falls back as his hand goes limp.

He sees the bright scarlet and orange scales first and thought they shined in the light of the room. They formed a pattern he could quite make out but thought them beautiful. His eyes followed up the torso of the mermaid and he caught himself staring at the white exposed flesh of her arms. It looked firm yet subtle and soft, her hands looked like delicate.

He saw black trussels falling about her shoulders and moved to look at her hair. It fell about her in curly thick waves. He fingers twitched as if he wanted to touch it.

And then he moved to the most captivating of her features. The beauty of her face surpassed most of the woman Darreo had seen in his life. The tint of her skin (was it red?!?) didn't deter from it's beauty, but somehow enhanced it. As he looked up from her rosebud mouth to her bright firey red eyes, he realized he was staring. And that she was staring back.

And while he looked on almost longingly, she had the look of challenge in her expression and a hand near her crossbow.

Darreo blushed deep red before turning quickly and heading to the back with the others. As he walked another pair of eyes filled his head. These were bright blue and looked back at him accusingly as if they were on the edge of tears.

"I thought you said you would love only me and no other,"
they seemed to say.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The mermaid started at all the attention, taken aback first by Fury's outburst.

Trying her best to answer the questions in turn, Kazanto started, "I am a merfolk. Yes, I know, I am not swimming like most of my kind. It is... not my calling. I have come to land because I must contemplate the will of Peletanga, the will of the volcano. It is fire I must study, and underwater is not a place to study fire. So Peletanga blessed me with sky-benthe... I believe you call it walking?"

She listens to Borric's questions with bemused interest, tilting her head. As Zelena apologizes, she adds, "Thank you, it is quite acceptable, I do have to wonder some about you, myself." She turns to Darreo, shaking her head, and adding, "Perhaps I should ask such things later, though. I should like to first learn how to get through my meal without choking. Waters you eat instead of breathe, that is most unusual."

Listening to another conversation, she turns to Quioan and smiles. "Your houses, do they move around?"

Qik

First Post
Quioan smiled at the Merfolk's question. "Not usually - this is an uncommon occurrence for our kind. Perhaps you would like to join us to see for yourself what a moving house looks like?"

jbear

First Post
Unveiling the mystery of a disappearing house that appears somewhere else in the company of a welcoming elf and a mermaid blessed with the gift of walking! The Wind has blown me into quite the tale! A tale with a tail nonetheless.

With a polite bow of the head towards Kazanto: If you do choose to accompany us to aid this poor fellow with the wandering house with purple berry stained shutters, please be careful with your fire magic when inside the house. Our houses, when made of wood, when mixed with fire, though spectacular and mesmerising to watch when the burn begins, usually result in tears. And I'm quite sure this good man ...

Relic interrupts his sentence to turn briefly to the man in question to ask, I'm sorry what was your name say? You may have said it and I forgot, or you may have said it and I simply did not hear. My apologies if that is the case and I beg you say it again.

Only to continue without pause talking to the mermaid:

... would like his house returned to the place he built it with all its parts intact.

Turning back to the man with the disappearing house, Relic asks: Well, good man, two (or three?) volunteers you have found to resolve the mystery of your moving house. Can you tell us, do you think this ... investigation ... could be dangerous? Do you think we need to be accompanied by someone able with sword and shield while we go about our enquiries? Need we be accompanied by a brother or sister of the faith to protect our souls from evil spirits and mend our bodies from any harm we may come to? Or will sharp mind and wit be enough? Simply put good man ... can you tell us anything more?

jkason

First Post
The peasant stares, gape-mouthed, as Kazanto speaks and he sees her tail. Luckily, Relic's question breaks him out of his reverie.

"My n--? I ... oh, gods, but I'm sorry, yer lordships. Dane. Dane Ryall. And darn tootin' you'll want a strong arm. I mean, that's why I come to find you folk, dinnae? I mean, I c'n prove the house is mine right quick on my own, on accounta I got the key still--" here Ryall produces a rather plain brass key he has strung on a leather thong about his neck--"but that bloke what stole my house--Pozen Roug--he's a big old brick wall, he is, and ain't no way I could even get to the front door through him, scrawny like I am."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, so far it looks like we've got Relic (wizard), Quioan (wizard), and I'm assuming Kazanto (oracle). While I tried to design fairly simple encounters since this is my first time GMing ever, I really do think someone with a martial bent would be helpful. If we can't find anyone else 1st level, I could probably take a 2nd level. Ostensibly, there are a couple more 1st level characters in here, they just don't seem to be talking. :)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Wait..." says Quioan, shaking his head a bit. "You mean you know who did this? Someone has moved into the house?" It was all a bit confusing, as relocating houses were bound to be. As the man spoke, Quioan tried to see if he could discern whether there wasn't more to the man than he was letting on.

OOC: Figured I might as well roll a sense motive check, just to see if there's anything worth noticing (if I'm able to, of course).

Looking forward to kicking this off once we get one or two more suitable volunteers!

Post-roll edit: Yikes! Not going to learn anything from that. But at least I'm getting all the bad rolls out of the way now, pre-adventure.

jkason

First Post
"Wait..." says Quioan, shaking his head a bit. "You mean you know who did this? Someone has moved into the house?" It was all a bit confusing, as relocating houses were bound to be. As the man spoke, Quioan tried to see if he could discern whether there wasn't more to the man than he was letting on.

"Well, he sure as daylight made sure I knew his name when he sent me packing and called me a liar, dinnit he?" Ryall says. "Told me he bought the house hisself less than a week ago, and ain't that just when my house got stolen?"

Quioan's heart goes out to Ryall, as he feels the man may be the most sincere person he's ever met. ;)

OOC: Go ahead and make rolls if you want, either here or on Invisible Castle. Just make sure to give me links to them in the latter case. I may make some secret rolls, but by and large I think letting players roll their own checks saves enough time to justify their knowing when they've auto-succeeded or completely botched a check. When I get the Adventure thread going (once we've settled on a roster), I'll also ask to get links to character sheets.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: I can bring Ben if you get desperate, but I think you should try to find a front line fighter, and Ben's not one of those by any stretch of the imagination.

Benevolent Seeker (Systole) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

OOC: Actually, I don't think you can bring Benevolent out yet, since Daylily hasn't been adventuring for a full two months, even if he does have a name made of win: Additional Characters - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Of course, it may be two months before I can scam enough people into signing up. :p

Remove ads