[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric chuckles, "Now there is the man, alive and well. You ain't fooling. I am not one to joy walking on the edge of canal, even without the gear. Tis foul smelling, your canals be."

"Almost as bad as that sna... ehmm, that wench on the Happy Slappy Stye. I swear that pig of a woman just bathes herself in old laundry water. You could not PAY me her five copper price to get me to bed her."

OOC: We better start shaking the DM tree, or it will be a long conversation about bad brothels and their wenches. ;)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

perrinmiller

Adventurer
A buxom barmaid with a pigtail to comes over to the table with the lively adventurer's recently returned. She collects up the empty mugs and glasses and says, "My name is Trixie, I will be your server today. You all want any drinks?"
Trixie.jpg

"The kitchen's open if you are interested as well. There is the Adventurer's Special, a hearty meal that is sure to fill your stomach and make you feel strong and able to tackle the toughest of monsters."

"It's a reasonable price and comes with a mug of ale to wash it down."

She stands there waiting to see if anyone is interested.

Qik

First Post
Quioan is more than a bit annoyed at the old man's refusal to respond in Draconic, but since there's no way to confirm the man actually understood him (although Quioan has his suspicions), he decides to just let it go for now.

Taking a seat, he begins to explain away the Draconic - "Sorry about that..." - but can only further manage an dismissive wave of the hand. After a slightly awkward pause where he considers pressing the matter further, he finally succeeds in moving on. "Yes, I'm new here as well. I come from a small Elven settlement in the Easternmost Baronies, but I have been traveling for many years now. Getting a taste for the world beyond. I'm not sure how long I'll be in Venza, but I intend it to be more than just a visit, fate willing. How about yourself? Have you been in Venza long?"

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rising up from her "crouched" position in the corner, a creature stirs in the inn. Her hair is long, black, and falling to her waist in unorganized sheets. She wears a primitive-looking but intricately decorated breastplate made of coconut husks, coconut fibers, kelp, and seashells.

Yet what stand out the most are her legs, or, in truth, her lack thereof. At first, from the way she slithered across the room, the bottom half of her body resembles a red snake, but it becomes clear that it is too short to be a snake's body, but is instead like a fish. The caudal part of her fish-body grips the ground like a snail, undulating gently to propel her along--a movement most unlike the flopping about of other merfolk.

She carries a near-empty plate of herring.

She smiles as she approaches. "Hello! It is good to see such happy, friendly people! My name is Kazanto. I am far from home, yes, and I am still getting used to many new concepts, like waters you eat instead of breathe. May I join you? I would love to hear your tales and stories."

jbear

First Post
Relic chuckles, sensing the elf's annoyance.

Venza ... so that is the name of where I am. Names, places, faces, they blur by these ears, hard of hearing, and these eyes tired and weak. The Wind guides my step and I don't often stop to ask names. I came in yesterday to sell my stock of dried mushrooms. I wandered the markets a bit fishing for news, waiting to see where the wind might blow me when I spied some interesting Orange Algae growing on the booms down near the shallows of the docks. Orange Algae!He nods towards his now drying muddy boots.

Ha, the luck of it! In a good brew of fish soup that will get even the most spent of old men's blood racing hot! And have their dead man standing tall and firm! With all that talk of brothels and hooers, he continues gesturing towards the loud mouthed Borric, I'm of a mind to call by this Night Court District. I'm sure it will sell fast and at a good price. Then perhaps I could pay for a room and eat a warm meal, while I await the Wind.

His breath catches suddenly at the sight of the mermaid slithering across the tavern floor. Talking of fishing for news, now there is a rare sight!

Relic watches fascinated as she interacts with the adventuring party at the table nearby.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]: The warning is much appreciated. ;)

Quioan isn't quite sure what to think of the old man. On the one hand, he has a friendly and relaxed demeanor, which is welcoming. On the other hand, though, he's laying on the "I'm just a simple old man" routine a bit too thickly, which Quioan finds hard not to take as an insult: if there's one thing he values, it's straightforwardness (one of the reasons he likes dwarves, gnomes, and halflings so much: completely differently creatures, of course, but it's rare to find one of their kind who won't be completely straightforward in their thoughts). Nevertheless, on his first day in a new city, surrounded by so many strangers (though most of whom seem friendly enough), this sort of oddity doesn't seem worth pursuing. He files his questions about Relic in the back of his mind, along with so many others that he has amassed throughout his years of travel, content to let them languish until called upon once more.

Quioan is quite intrigued at the appearance of Kazanto. He had heard of Merfolk, of course, but had never seen their kind before. He found himself wondering if the tavern's patrons looked as unusual to her as she undoubtedly did to them.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

[size=+1]"Holy hound of Cortesia!"[/size] exclaims Fury a bit too loudly and all agape at the merfolk woman who just slithered out a shadowy portion of the inn. He's clearly too astonished to do more than stare.

Gerald007

First Post
"Trixie, eh? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Sylvain and this is my scorpion friend, Waltor. How about setting the lot of us up with the adventurer's special," Sylvain says stretching his arms wide, pointing toward the others sitting at his table. "After the last couple days, a hot meal will do all of us wonders."

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena motions for the mereperson to site at the crowded table... "Do sit... Do not mind my friend here, he is just a little surprised."

She asks for another glass of wine... "Kazanto was it? I am Zelena, a pleasure to meet you. If youdo not mind me asking? What manner of being are you?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Trixie the buxom barmaid smiles at Sylvain and his bug, "A pleasure. Coming right up, luv."
Trixie.jpg

With a whirl of her pigtail as she turns around, she flounces towards the kitchen. Just out of sight you can hear her call into the staff out of sight from the tap room, "I need three orders of rat stew, pronto."

She comes back out and heads over to the bar to get some mugs of ale from Grog the bartender.

Remove ads