[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

VVilhem

First Post
"My mother was a scout. From her I inherited quickness, attention to detail, and the art of stealth. My father was a butcher. He taught me traps and the art of conversation. He was also very good at chopping things up *shows dogslicers*, a skill which I have inherited. I hope these skills suffice?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
Mr. Savi is quiet for a few minutes as he looks over the group, clearly processing thoughts in his mind. "You all should do fine. Does anyone have any further questions before I send you off to the Broken Log?"

Caim

First Post
Naria looks over the scimitar Ariel has in her hands. "Yes that is a fine blade indeed. Maybe I can claim one for myself after this job." Naria shifts her attention to the door as two more adventurers walk in. "I assume these are the remaining hirelings?"

[sblock=OOC]I just realized that at least 4 of the 5 PC's going are female. Just thought it a bit weird is all. I'm pumped to. Just watched A Game of Thrones and watched that pompous Targaryn guy get his gold crown and his sister eat a horse heart. I know what I'm getting my wife for our anniversary.[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
"I understand we are to assist your brother Adolfo and he will provide us with more details at the Broken Log, but what exactly is our pay? I think it's better that we are all on the same page in terms of payment right from the start so as to avoid any misunderstanding later..."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Obviously prepared to answer the question he had expected from the very beginning, "Well, I can't give specific terms as Adolfo didn't feel that sharing too many details in a letter was appropriate in this case, but I can assure you that we pay generously. Adolfo has already secured your horses and related gear, and has been sent funds to cover any basic food and lodging expenses you incur on the trip. Also, he has requested funds to help ensure that you are properly equipped for the task ahead of you. Beyond that, we usually pay on a sliding scale tied to the performance of the job requirements. If you wish to check with some of our past and current contractors, I can give you a list of 2 or 3 here in Venza that have used their earnings to start their own small businesses that are always happy to share their experiences. You can find them on Arcane Row peddling their various wares. Also, I have a token for each of you to give to Adolfo to show that I have sent you."

Gerald007

First Post
Wearing his shiny new ring, and possessing even more spooky arcane knowledge, Sylvan makes his way into the inn. He looked at his normal table, and saw Zelena and Borric already there. He also noticed Borric holding up two smaller humanoids.

"Um, what's going on, mate?" Sylvain asks the warrior, with a smirk, knowing there was probably a great story to follow. "Zelena, did you cause this?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
The door opens to reveal a haggard looking man wearing the captain's uniform of the local militia that carried out periodic patrols of the swamps south of town. One of the barmaids hurried over to see what he wanted to drink, and after being clearly tempted by the stronger drinks mentioned, settles for a light ale before sitting down, only half looking around until he gets his drink delivered to him, at which point he focuses on the glass in front of him, clearly wanting to forget a rough day.

Remove ads