[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Syl with a "are you serious" look. "I had nothing to do with this. Borrick here, picked these two up." she notes the halflings ((What the heck is a hobbit? ;) )). "... until now, he did not know them being thieves trying to steal from him. Not to mention they are as vulgar as Borrick! This trio are meant for one another." the gnome says.

She reigns in some of her anger, "If I wanted a barroom brawling match with obscenities I would have tried the tavern down the block... Perhaps there is a more quiet establishment..." The gnome says, downing her iced tea an handing the coin directly to the barmaid. "Thank you miss. I will try back later when the children are done with their horse play."

The gnome takes up her pack and departs the Dun Wright Inn.

Gerald007

First Post
"Sigh...we are in a constant state of Borric and myself upsetting the lady, I am afraid, Captain. We can be a little, offputting, at times, I suppose. Her patience with our tomfoolery has certain bounds, which we constantly push." Syl shakes his head. "We'll apologize to her later, and hopefully she'll take us back." For the time being however, Syl comforts himself by ordering a pint and a plate of the Adventurer's Special.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Tell you what, I've technically been on leave 24 hrs now, and have already had to deal with misfiled paperwork, so I have no interest in wasting more of my precious free time doing someone's else's job. I'll turn around and walk away on 2 conditions. 1: If you do anything to those halflings that require me to spend more time filling out paperwork, you will find yourself in a cell before you can blink, and not a pleasant one either. 2: The colonel has a job that Captain Peacock (not his actual name, please don't use it around him or the colonel) and his men are apparently above dirtying their hands with. Round up some friends and go ask the colonel about the lighthouse, and you will make both his and my life much easier,and probably pocket a decent, though far from overwhelming, paycheck in the process." After saying that, he turns back around to sit down and focus once more on the drink in front of him.

Caim

First Post
Naria introduces herself to Audra as she gathers her things. "Welcome to the party." she says with a wink. "See you at the horses."

Gerald007

First Post
"The lighthouse, eh? That sounds promising enough." The witch turns to Borric, still grappling one of the halflings, "you think Zelena will take us back? I'm sure Fury will be out and about sometime soon, as well. I'd like to think the four of us could handle any trouble at a lighthouse. In any event, it's better than the Captain here throwing you in the clink."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra waits until everyone else has gone before following them out. Still somewhat unsure about what is going on and where she is going, she takes comfort in the fact others may be in near the same straights as herself. As she walks she reflects on the encounter with the enigmatic Gnome and the information that her brother is indeed alive, somewhere in the city. She walks with a little more determination than she had arrived with, the weight of the objects in her backpack, which appeared slack when she entered, rubbing up and down her back comfortingly. As she follows she shifts around, checking this pocket, that pocket...and the sharp, pointed object sticking up just behind the nape of her neck, the rest of the object hidden beneath her cloak. She eyes each of her new companions in turn, trying to recall names as she walks at the back of the pack.

"An interesting assortment, indeed."

She mumbles this softly aloud as she adjusts her pack and follows, keeping an eye on Megan.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<< In the Main Tavern Room >>

OOC: In this case a hobbit is a derogatory slur for fat halflings. ;)

Poppin.jpg

Poppin, staggering after Borric's head knocking, bumps into the angry gnome as she departs. His wandering fingers lift her belt pouch nimbly.

Action: Sleight of Hand (1d20+4=23); Yikes, I was hoping for a failure, hope she spots it. :blush: Syl better try too.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<< In the Main Tavern Room >>

Watching the angry gnome walk out, the captain comments, "It seems you have upset the lady."
Borric replies, still holding the chubby halfling off the ground, "Yeah, she gets her panties in a bunch sometimes, but she gets over it an comes back. At least I hope she does. This little turd tried to snatch my belt pouch."

About then he notices the surly bartender, Grog standing over him.
Bartender.jpg

"Hey now, ya better give da lil' fook ta me." The half-orc is holding out a large meaty palm and Borric hoists the struggling Pippin to the bartender to take. Grabbing hold by the back of the hobbit's belt, one handed, Grog takes him away remarking to the militiaman, "Naw worry, Cap'n. I juss toss da bugga out dowr." True to his word, Grog opens the tavern door and flings the obnoxious halfling outside. He turns around and start looking for the other miscreant.

Borric forgets about his plans for hobbit toss, a game similar to tossing dwarves but more fun, and replies to the militiaman and Syl, "You need a good crew to deal with some trouble at lighthouse, eh? Count me in too. But, I wonder where Fury is? Maybe Zelena will find him and come right back."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads