[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Daylily will not enthusiastically volunteer for this one, as it sounds too much like the taking-prisoners-and-hunting-for-paper stuff he's gotten quite fed up with. Not to say you can't convince, cajole, bribe, or outright lie to him, but he's more interested in hunting and drinking at the moment. Also, he's got a +1 earthbreaker on order that won't arrive for a week.

I'll bring him back to the inn in a couple days, and you can go to work on him if you want.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Lost to the world around him Relic tackles the magic scrawl on the scrolls set before him. He tisks in annoyance as the spell he most wants to learn escapes his comprehension. He decides to get a quiet room where he stays the night. Two days later he descends with ink stained fingers and orders a drink and a meal which he dives into like a straved dog.

OOC: I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many spells a wizard can study, learn and scribe in spell book per day. I'll shoot at 3 for now which would mean 6 hours 3 of study and 3 of writing which seems reasonable.

Edit: 3 calender days pass; 1 spell studied per day; Post edited to reflect that as per Satin Knights suggestion

After 4 hours of Study Learnt:
Burning Hands (oops I mean Burning Disarm, I don't have burning hands scroll)
Vanish
Interrogate

Failed: Magic Missile

3 hours spent writing 3 level 1 spells into spellbook: -30gp worth of ink; 3 pages used

[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] Relic is quite likely to try and twist Daylilly's arm to come. Becoming Oracle at lvl 3 has caused his weak vision now to completely dim, seeing nothing beyond 30 ft. He will feel a lot safer if Daylily is standing between him and whatever it is he can't see :)

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many spells a wizard can study, learn and scribe in spell book per day. I'll shoot at 3 for now which would mean 6 hours 3 of study and 3 of writing which seems reasonable.

Looks like you're only limited in the case of learning spells from a companion's spellbook, as a tradeoff to the spellcraft bonus and no chance of the spell being unavailable at the Pearl:

Learning Spells (wiki)

Satin Knights

First Post
OOC: Going back through the vote discussion, it was intended to be one scroll per real life day whether or not you had a mentor. It does take the character the same amount of time by the rules either way. I adjusted the wiki just now to reflect that.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Thanks, SK. I hadn't dug back to the discussion itself.

Okay, looks like the higher-level "diversion" is being expanded for the quartet who played there, so Nathan won't be coming back. Which is probably for the best, since he and Relic would probably be stepping on each others' niche. :)

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna Surefoot 2nd-level Rogue

A small woman (well under 3ft) enters the establishment. She icy blue eyes gaze about the room before continuing within. She wears a full grey cloak claok, but beneath is a dark, near black, green armored shirt over dark green clothing. A small buckler on her left arm is the same dark green color. At the small figures side is a fine rapier and slung across her back is a dark color crossbow. A small object is orbiting the woman's head, green and pink in color, which briefly slowed when she looked over those in the Tavern.

As she makes for a table she places her small pack at the base of a chair and slips the leg thru both straps to stop those who might wish to pilfer her belongings. She then jumps up on the chain and asks for some wine.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin Halicarnassus, Summoner 3

A small man, also under 3', strides into the Inn soon after Saranna. Blond and pale-skinned, he strikes quite the dapper figure with his red brocade trenchcoat and black velvet vest. He even has matching cufflinks.

He pulls out a pocketwatch or somesuch device on a chain, takes a look at it, and returns it to his pocket.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I have edited my earlier post to reflect the 3 calender days required to learn those 3 spells. I'd like to join the adventure Spiked Drink, but I don't know if the studying has disqualified me as the hook may have come and gone.

Anyway, if I've missed out then Relic will go up stairs and resume his study :)

Remove ads