[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax is startled by the table suddenly breaking.

"You know its been so long since I actually sat at a table I guess I forgot how fragile they were."

The barkeep comes running over "What have you done!? I hope you have some what to make up for this."

"Now now, settle down. It's just a table, how much can one of those cost anyway? How about I help clean up the mess and I'll leave my hammer on the floor from now on?"

The barkeep does not seem convinced but he also seems a bit unsure if he wants to push the issue with someone who carries so large a hammer.

"Don't go breaking anything else around here. You can start by cleaning up this mess. Take all the wood out back, we'll use it for the fire. Honestly you would be surprised how many tables we go through."

"Ah see there is a good man." Vax goes to give him an ale to celebrate their understanding and notices his is now empty. He slaps him on the shoulder and says "Next time your free I'm buying you an ale!"

Suddenly he notices that Blue is holding two ales at the moment. He swiftly snatches one out of blues hand and pushes it on the barkeep. "There we go! Now all is well. Well don't just stand there drink up already! Don't you know its rude to refuse a gift someone has given you?" Vax seems rather shocked that the barkeep is not partaking of the ale he was given and a little offended.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
An attractive young female tiefling stops and surveys the damage. One hand holds a tray full of empty mugs and the other she rests on hip cocked out rather saucily after tucking a bit of stray hair behind one ear. She looks at the three surrounding the broken table: one brow is arched and her mouth is held in a disapproving line.

Instead of speaking to the new patrons of the Dunn Wright she turns to the bartender.

"Grog's been down in the storeroom, what? All of two minutes? And you've already let the rabble break the furniture."

She sniffs at one of the ales.

"And you gave them ale from his special reserve. Did they pay for the premium stuff?"

She 'tut-tuts', shakes her head and turns to the three standing around the broken table.

"And you three. We run a respectable establishment here. Excepting when elves are present, so mind your manners."

She rolls her eyes at the three newcomers and takes her load of empties to the bar but you all notice the smile that quirks the corners of her mouth as she turns away.

"Marla! Marla?! What'll I do?"

The apparently temporary bartender looks like he's working up a good panic at the barmaid's words.

- Marla, Tiefling Barmaid -

Systole

First Post
Cavernous Hode, Dwarven Cave Druid 2

From the counter, a dwarf with disconcertingly pale eyes watches the exodus of various adventuring types, and the arrival a bloc of replacements. "Well, Mister Dickens!" he exclaims to no one in particular, "It seems this establishment is good business for the buckling of swashes after all! Perhaps Cavernous Hode might attach himself to further adventures. Ho ho! A brilliant plan, if Cavernous Hode does say so himself."

When the tiefling arrives, he can't help but stare. "Now there," he says, "there is a bodice to be reckoned with!"[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: None

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

Returning from the back room, Anna looks around at all of the damage before slyly cocking a single eyebrow.

"I'm not even sure what to make of this..." she says quietly, letting her words trail off and she finds a seat at an unmolested table.

"Maria!" she calls out, "I'll cover the cost of these gent... These men's drinks. And a bottle of red for myself. The good one please."

She settles back in her chair, absentmindedly slipping her shoe on and off as she waits.

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger proceeds directly, but not forcefully towards the kind lady who offered to pay for his drinks.

"Thank you, very much. I appreciate your generosity. Now I feel that I owe you a drink some time. This would not be a problem for me, if I knew to whom I owe my debt."

Blue makes his way to another table at the side of the room and sits, drummin his fingers on the table, his bored expression not visible on his hidden face, but in his posture, waiting for Aedger to finish being a fool, and probably getting both of them into more trouble than either would want.

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax stands there a moment before addressing some of the new arrivals in quick succession.

"You and I should should share a drink sometime" he shouts to the Tiefling, then noticing the bottle of wine being brought out to one of the new comers "and you be sure to save some of that for Vax" interrupting Aedgar's attempt at a proper introduction to the attractive young lady that just payed for his drinks.

"You mentioned adventure just now. I am here for such an endeavor. If you have plans at adventuring then I will come along and help!" He shout across the bar at the dwarf.

"Now to deal with this mess" he says to nobody in particular as he begins dragging the remains of the table away.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

Anna swirls her glass before holding it gently over her ivory skin, peering through and admiring the color of the vintage, before holding it to her nose and drinking in the scent. She takes a small sip and closes her eyes for a moment, enjoying the experience to the fullest.

"Thank you Maria." she says, before turning her eyes to Aedger.

She politely nods her head and introduces herself. "Anna Belacqua (Ah-nah Be-lac-qua) at your service sir. Whom might I be speaking to?" her eyes drift toward Vax as he shouts across the room, a smirk crossing her face at the other man's antics.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Marla sniffs loudly and quirks a brow at Anna, the red-haired beauty.

"The name is Marla, Mar-Lah." She smiles through lips held tightly together. "I expect you'll get it right next time. If you want to actually get another drink, that is."

She returns to the bar where she pours and places three shots on the counter, pushing two in front of a customer and downing the third with barely a gasp at the potent liquor.

"Sorry, big fella," she says to the hollering barbarian. "I don't drink on the job or with the patrons. But I'll pour one for you for taking care of that mess for me."

- Marla, Tiefling Barmaid -

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax seems momentarily confused by the disparity between Marla's words and her actions before roaring with laughter.

"Haha, you're a clever lass. At any rate I will certainly take that drink once I'm done here!"

He picks up the pace at which he is removing the broken table, urged on by the promise of a free drink for his services.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian, level 2 cleric

A wiry looking halfling opens the door, and makes his way to the bar, quietly ordering something before joining the active group. At first glance he sems to be a sailor, but a prominently displayed holy symbol suggests that he is a bit more than that. "Good day, gentlemen. Mind if I join you? There's no point in coming to a place like this if I'm going to sit at an empty bar and stare down my own thoughts."

Remove ads