[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax pauses his hurried collection of table remains to take in the new patron.

"Well your not much to look at" he chuckles at his own terrible joke "But if your looking to join in you could grab some of the smaller shards laying around and bring them out back with me. Not a glory filled adventure by any means but if your just gonna stand around anyway you might as well lend a small hand" Again Vax Chuckles at the poor joke he made.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

Anna's hand quickly darts to her mouth at the tiefling's words as she quickly utters an apology.

"I'm so sorry!" she says, flashing a horrified look "I must have read your name wrong. You know how common can be, with the "L's" and the "I's"... Anyhow It won't happen again."

Anna silently curses herself for making so obviously a mistake. All this adventuring must be making her rough around the edges...

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

"I'm Aedgar," he replies, "and whenever you would care for another bottle of wine, I'd be delighted to share it with you. I'll be sure that Mar-lah," emphasizing the 'L', "brings a nice one out. I see this fine establishment has Malukian Estates on the shelf over there. I've never been disappointed with the conversation that surrounds a bottle of Malukian."

He signals to Blue, "Blue, why don't you be a gentleman, and help Mr. Vax finish his noble quest? And then you may want to head up to the room for awhile. You're looking kind of tired."

Blue lazily gets up from the bench he was sitting on, and keeping his head down, starts reaching a gloved hand towards the fragments of the table, stacking the neatly in the other hand.

He steps around the clatter of Vax trying to carry more parts of the table than his arms will allow, and stands at the bar next to the halfling. "Good day, sir. Rotten luck with the weather we've had recently, no? Must have been even worse on a ship."

He gains the momentary attention of the barkeep and orders, "Not to be a bother, but a hot sandwich please?" As he reaches into his cloak for his coin purse to pay for his meal, and an ale to wash it down with, Aedger's holy symbol gets caught on his arm: two hands, clasped, one human, the other skeletal. He quickly stuffs the symbol back into his shirt.

Turning back to the halfling, "I see that you had assistance in bearing the storm, though. Not to be crass, but I am hungry, and my mind is simply reeling from all this noise, pardon me..." Without even looking at the noisy barabarian trying to pick up the table, "MR. VAX, COULD YOU PLEASE DO THAT A LITTLE MORE QUIETLY? Thank you. Anyway, What I mean to say is that I cannot seem to recall the diety assosciated with that holy symbol. Not that it is important, of course, should you wish to keep your beliefs private, but I tend to find that those who wear such a symbol so proudly, often cannot wait to inform others of their beliefs."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian chuckles, "I am always willing to share my beliefs, to be certain, but Tanager is not one to force his beliefs on anyone. As for the weather, unfortunately, it's been a while since I've been out to sea, even though you wouldn't know it by looking at me. Tanager has called me to serve him in other ways, and I have been receiving training from one of his more experienced servants. It does feel good to be once more looking for adventure. The proper place of a servant of the Stormlords in on the road."

vmaaxt

First Post
"Indeed, it is good to learn from those wiser and more experienced, but the truest teacher is life itself. Nevertheless, from your tone, I gather your instructor was helpful?"

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

As Vax hurries back into the bar to retrieve another load of broken table he happens to overhear the halfling mention a search for adventure. Striding quickly over to the halfling he holds out his hand oblivious to the conversation in progress that he is interrupting. "Vax is my name and adventure is what I am looking for as well. If your looking for one as well perhaps we can work together and share in the glory that is to be had!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing, Jax (human male)

Jax woke with a start from a sound nap (since Grog was down stairs) when the table broke. He was just about to head out when he noticed all the new faces.

{{Darn craziness is what is is letting them come in and trash the place. }} he thinks to himself as he passes by the newest customers of the Dunn Wright.

[sblock=OOC]
Current Occupants:

Aedger Beinn Cleric(Lvl 1)
Vax Barbarian(Lvl 1)
Cavernous Hode, Druid(LvL 2)
Quillian, Cleric(Lvl 2)
Tasanto Summoner(LvL 2)

Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

I have an adventure hopefully to be approved soon. It is short but should be tough for first level characters and bring them to level two (I hope).

If I don't get a group of 4 1st lvls will take up to two 2nd lvl characters.

Please let me know who is interested and I hope to get started this week.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax notices the new patron but is still determined to shake the adventure seeking halfling's hand on the off chance it leads him to adventure.

[sblock= OOC]
Vax would love to join an adventure! No other commitments at the moment so I will check back regularly. I hope your adventure gets approved, goodluck!
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quilian gladly takes the human's hand, chuckling as he does so.

[sblock=ooc]Quillian is available, but would be my third character out adventuring, so he is not of the highest of priorities.[/sblock]

Remove ads