[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The dwarf stops in his tracks and backtracks over to Vincenzo's spot at the bar. "Oh really now? Now that's living the dream… or you're dreamin'. Either way is good so long as yer happy!" He thinks a moment. "Eh, I always suspected foxes were smarter then they let on, anyway." He laughs at the thought of it.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human oracle

"I'm Weel, nice to meet you, Menik," the broad-shouldered man says with another childish grin. There is a rattling all about in his armor and backpack, with more of the chittering voices from before, and the smile fades with a sigh. "No, I won't," he says, addressing the rattling in the armor. [color=There's too many of you and I can't make your names work on my tongue, and besides, you already insulted the furniture so no one wants to meet you, anyway."[/color]

He dismisses the unseen voices when Darla appears. The man bites his lip a moment, cocking his head as if straining to hear someone further away, then nods.

"The ale's really cranky right now, but the elven wine says he's been wanting some company for a while now, so we'll visit with him," Weel says by way of ordering.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior The dwarf stops in his tracks and backtracks over to Vincenzo's spot at the bar. "Oh really now? Now that's living the dream… or you're dreamin'. Either way is good so long as yer happy!" He thinks a moment. "Eh, I always suspected foxes were smarter then they let on, anyway." He laughs at the thought of it.

It really happened! Ask the jungal warrior there!" He insists, pointing to Maui.

"I'm Weel, nice to meet you, Menik," the broad-shouldered man says with another childish grin. There is a rattling all about in his armor and backpack, with more of the chittering voices from before, and the smile fades with a sigh. "No, I won't," he says, addressing the rattling in the armor. [color=There's too many of you and I can't make your names work on my tongue, and besides, you already insulted the furniture so no one wants to meet you, anyway."[/color]

He dismisses the unseen voices when Darla appears. The man bites his lip a moment, cocking his head as if straining to hear someone further away, then nods.

"The ale's really cranky right now, but the elven wine says he's been wanting some company for a while now, so we'll visit with him," Weel says by way of ordering.

Then Vincenzo leans in to Grunger and whispers, "The ale didn't taste cranky. And as to dreamers, I would almost say he is the one in a dream."

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The dwarf nods his head in agreement with Vincenzo. "Aye! Jus' me, but I don't hear the drinks complaining one way or another. Who's to say, tho? So long as it makes a good story, then I ain't gonna judge ye, him, or, he waves his hand across the room and eventually, seemingly randomly, selects Menik, "Even that guy! Not even for dressing like that. I think you got im beat tho!" He smirks as he pulls up the stool next to the Venzan swordsman, and holds out his hand, "Grunger here! Who might ye be?"

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Weel's unusual ordering method washes over the barmaid like water off a ducks back. She smiles and nods, "Elven wine, of course." She turns to fetch the drink.

Coming back, Marla slides a glass of wine in a lovely crystal flute before Weel. "There you go, stranger, I hope it is to your liking." She then stops and looks at him, as if trying to figure something out. She adds a quick, "If you need anything else, just call," and turns to take care of another task.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel smiles widely and nods to the barmaid.

"One of us'll be sure to call for you!" he says, gesturing at ... well, no one else, really.

Weel reaches for the crystal flute, which promptly scoots out of his reach before his thick fingers can wrap around it. He opens his mouth as if to say something, then stops himself, cocking his head to one side. After a moment, he nods sagely.

"I understand," he says gently. He places his hands on the table, using them to prop his chin upon as he rests his head there. "We only just met. A body likes to be chatted up a bit before the main event. So, tell me about yourself?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo watches as the fluted crystal goblet moves on its own. He sighs and turns to the dwarf. Conceding that the strange will always be the norm he introduces himself, " Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio the second. Swordsman. Let me tell you about this Fox woman. She had this certain something about her. A scary something. She was not just a fox, but a fox that walked on two legs. and climbed trees. I am not kidding! Ask Maui over there, he was there too!"

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]Cratchen makes his way out of the back room after having sent the kids off on their errand. Well, some of them were older than he was, but they were still greenhorns in his eyes. That task shouldn't be too hard for them.

"Grog! Grog! If you wouldn't mind good friend, get me 'nuther bottle. Got the kids going. Wanted to send a real spell slinger with them, but none stepped up. I mean the kid who plays with vials and bottles will probably do okay, but a true sorcerer or wizard are far more effective in the talents."

"Grog, better get me some food too. Getting tipsy here."

Turning towards the patrons of the establishment, "Now that I got the kids out the way, who here is capable of going on a real death defying mission. I got a bounty that pays well. And it ain't been paid yet. Well, no one that has tried has returned. If you can't wrestle with a troll, or knock out a bone devil's teeth, this job 'tis too much for you. But if you are brave, talented and lucky, the money is good."

"Thoze that are interested, come see m.m.me over there in my office. Well, Grog's office. Y'all know what I mean."

The old wizard makes his way to the backroom that he had come out of just moments ago. He has left the door half open for those that are curious.
[/section]
[sblock=Recruiting]Picking out one more for Return to Boar's Ridge.

Also opening recruitment for From Whence None Return which I am a little late on getting rolling. Levels 6-9. Do to the vacation timing, I will be squeezing in Lem automatically assuming DT wants in. Lem will just be a little quiet the first week or so.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
The newcomer's reverie of listening to the chatter suddenly interrupted by a Cratchen's loud calls to the barkeep. Golden yellow eyes slide open and she turns her head. "Kids going? Spell slinger?" she mutters.

Suddenly Tamarie's eyes go wide. "Oh, no, maybe," clambering off the stool, she hits the floor with all the grace of a drowsy cat. Mind focusing quickly, she steps in front of the elder wizard's table and draws his attention, her quiet Landellian laced with some foreign accent. "Sir? If I may, I can cast songs… errr… spells. My mentor… called me a sorcerer. Is there any way I can assist?" She self-consciously pulls her hair out of her eyes, as she awaits the drunken wizard's response.

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The dwarf slurps down another good gulp of beer and looks at Vincenzo intently. "Maui? Maui! Whatta great name, where is this guy, over there?" Standing up from his stool, he peers across the bar, "Oh my, lookit dat! Is the cat his?"

Suddenly Grunger is distracted by an elven-ish woman making a mad dash across the room and delivering a rather disjointed introduction. "Whaaaa, job? Oooooooo." Turning back to Vincenzo, he says, "Just a minute, lemme check this out."

Coming up from behind Tamarie and suddenly stopping by her side, the dwarf adds in before the old wizard even has a chance to respond to her inquiry, "And I'm sure a good axe would be the thing to send to protect this young fragile thing, eh old man? Jus say the word, and Grunger is at your service and ready to go!"

[sblock=Recruiting Very Soon]Letting SK clear a wave of people out for Whence None Return, then I'll be opening Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3, for levels 1 and 2.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases