[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

Overhearing that work is available, Darvus leaves a coin and gets up. He dabs up the beer spilled by his recent large animal acquaintance and pushes in his chair neatly. He walks to the back room door and enters.

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
The grizzled veteran wipes down tables after the recent influx of patrons starts to settle out. "Work come, warriors go out. Work done, most come back. Inn fill up, we sing and drink. Stagger home, rinse, repeat." Grog looks up at the guests, "Mah bud used to sing dat."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human oracle

Outside the Inn, there is a clattering commotion, and the sounds of an argument. Or at least, of half of one.

"If the shoe comes off, it cannot want to stay ... no no NO I don't want to give it back. It smells bad and wants to be clean and shiny! ... Because it's telling me!"

The door bursts open, and the source of both clatter and argument becomes apparent. A burly man wearing a decidedly eccentric suit of armor enters. While seemingly constructed from the dregs of other armors and adorned with non-functional gears and clockwork bits, it's still clearly made of superior materials. The man is holding a worn and dirty horseshoe in one hand as he continues to argue with someone none of the other patrons can see.

Now that he's inside, though, there does seem to be a soft babbling noise coming from the air about him. The chair of the table a foot in front of the newcomer tips over with a loud crash, though no one was in any position to have touched it. He rushes to the chair, propping it back up gently, muttering "I'm so sorry, miss, they're very very rude when they're angry."

The chair, mind you, was entirely empty. From the way he gives it a reassuring little pat, though, it seems he wasn't apologizing to anyone in the chair, but to the chair itself.

"And now they're all going to stare at Weel because you're mean and ornery," he chastises the large gear sticking out of the left shoulder of his armor.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Maybe it's like one of those puppeteer tricks," Lem suggests. "And he's testing us with this trick to see if we are crazy enough to think there's a talking gear. Cleverly subtle of him. He definitely bears watching."

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The door swings open, and in walks a youngish dwarf, decked in cheap, utilitarian armor and holding a pragmatically basic battle-axe. He tugs his hood down, revealing blonde hair that matches his braided beard. "Blast!" he exclaims, "Rats in the streets now? Or a dog with a rat tail on it. Either way. Town is going to pot, I tell ye." Tucking his axe under his belt, he approaches the bar, "You! Mrwhoevertheheckyouare, gimme a beer! I gotta get me sway on!"

[sblock=OOC]This is not the recruitment NPC you are looking for.[/sblock]

Remove ads