[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

"There seems to always be a steady stream of the sick to tend to. I came her to better serve my lady Amenthia."

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
An elder orc tends bar as Yosephus exchanges pleasantries with Devlin. In somewhat a gruff tone, he addresses the newcomer, "Wat you want, mister? We got fud, beer, but no whores!" He laughs aloud a moment, then settles down, quietly chortling at his own mirth.

G

Guest 11456

The aasimar addresses the elder orc bartender. "Yes sir! On the advice of this fine gentleman I will try the mutton and ale." He motions toward Vincenzo as he speaks his order.

Satin Knights

First Post
Cratchen, spell slinger and his cat Fiorella

The door to the Inn swings wide again. This time a small cat prances in first, followed by her servant. Well, at least Fiorella feels that is the proper relationship between the two. The middle aged human lets his little friend keep her thoughts of superiority, for there is just no arguing with a cat. A house cat at that.

The cat struts through the bar, finding many people and other cats, bigger cats. And a dog. {{I am strong, I got servant. He will protect me. Grog has milk. Grog likes me.}} she thinks to itself as she make her way to the bar. With a quick, nimble jump, she is up on the bar.

*Meow* and without hesitation Grog pours another saucer of milk for the little one. "Gud kitty Fi." Without bothering to look up, Grog reaches back for the next thing, setting a bottle of whiskey on the bar next to the saucer.

"Grog, am I that transparent? Oh, well, I guess I am. Yep, it is time for another bottle of whiskey, a backroom and another group of brave souls to earn their stories of glory."

"Cratchen, yu drink same. Fi drink same. Yur gold always gud here. Take number three."

"Thank you my friend." Picking up the cat in one hand, the bottle in the other, he doesn't have a third for the saucer. A couple short words and a twist of the bottle, the saucer starts to float and moves ahead of the human on the way to the back conference rooms.

Seeing Lem and Menik, "Oh hey, hi. If you stick around a bit, I might have something for you to do too. Let me get the greenhorns started first."

Cratchen disappears into down the back hallway and into a room with a big 3 on the door.

Grog raises his voice to get everyone's attention, "Attenshun! You greenhorns want work. He haz work. Be vary kareful. Spell slingger pay gud for hard jobs."

[sblock=Recruiting for "Return to Boar's Ridge"] Return to Boar's Ridge is the game thread for an adventure for beginning characters. So, first levels and Muzdum at 2nd are good to join the game. Read the time intentions, rules, etc over there and see if you are interested. If you are, post a "getting up, tipping the waitress, and going into the back room" type post here to symbolically leave the DWI and the post your entering the room in the Return to Boar's Ridge thread.

The game should run 6-8 months. You will likely level once during the game. Expectations are that you can post once every 24-48 hours, but I am a bit lax at times on that too.

You need at least one approval to join a game. I will work on getting your other approval done in the first week or so to get you fully legal and approved as I get time. Starting up two games at the same time is keeping me a tad busy. :cool:

No reading the other game thread of a similar name from two years ago. It has too many spoilers which would spoil the fun. [/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus, upon hearing of the offer for work, addresses the bartender. "If you not mind I will receive my mutton and ale in back room number 3." He then heads into back room number 3 and he disappears through the door.

resrick

First Post
Devlin closes his book and stuffs it into an inner pocket of his traveling coat before hopping down from his seat with a rush, but stops half way to the back room and scratches his head knowing he forgot something. With a snap of his fingers and a quick smile he turns back to the bar and reaches over it, fumbling to find his drink. At the same time he drops a few copper coins on the counter in thanks for the service.

"Thank you for the drink and food good sir and ma'am. Lets go see what sort of adventure this fine gentleman and his furry companion have in store for us today. Ooh and we will just have to see if this one talks as well." He sends a wink over to his new darkwolf friend before rushing off to what he hopes will be a fine story to tell.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo watches the saucer for a couple of seconds then shakes his head. "Wizards." he takes another bite and drink then to Lem he says, "So, ya know him? Think he has enough work for me and Maui and others to to join?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

It was what the dwarf has been looking for, some work to pay his vices. He tosses a few coins to the half orc and winks before trotting to the back room, while cleaning the beer foam from his beard

Remove ads