[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui's eyelid cracks open once more, red and shot from being torn from deep slumber. The eye regarded the dwarf conversing with his elegant friend. Mention of the fox woman had been what had woken him up fully. "Te dream...? No Three Mountain Rivers" he rumbles. "Not te dream." With a yawn and a stretch he wrentches his other eye open that seems even more firmly shut with the yellow wax of sleep than the first. He turns his head when the old wizard appears and calls for adventurers. "Wrestle te troll? Maui does not know what te troll is but I like to wrestle. Come Taniwha. Te nother story is coming." The cheetah beside the fire stirs with a long tongued yawn and a deep stretch, before getting up and following his human companion to talk with the wizard.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]"Ah, a spell-singer... spell-slinger. Yes, I could use one. But, a dwarven warrior, I already sent one ahead. He left just moments ago. Blackrock clan he said. Let's see, there was a dwarven warrior, a holy warrior, and the priest carried a mace too. Well it doesn't matter. I thank you Grunger for trying but I can only afford to send out so many people. Sorry, but they need someone that can work the majiks. The little lady here seems to fit the needs. Come, come with me dear."

Cratchen takes the girl by the arm and starts walking her slowly towards the inn door, leaving the dwarf behind. Fishing out a coin purse from a larger pouch, "Well, little lady, I sent the boys out to Boar's Ridge. There is an old fort out there. A pair of kobold brothers have started up a little gang and are becoming a nuisance to those on the eastern road coming to Venza. Both are talented. One is a necronancer... necromancer. Yea, dead caller. The other is an outsider caller, summ summoner. Ah screw it. Go find the boys and they will give you the details. Let's see, Devlin was the shorty. Mudzum Blackrock was the dwarf. A young guy with grey hair and the human, um, his name was Darvus. Yeah, that's them. Since the fort on Boar's Ridge is two days by horse, I sent them to Jacus to get horses. He works over at the Grand Stables on the east side of town. If you rush, you can catch up to them there."

"Here. Half down, half when its done." as he puts the coin pouch in her hand. "Hurry now. Wait. Wait! What's your name?"
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The short man bites his lip as Cratchen gives him the news. "Awwwww, another dwarf? Sure you don't need two? No? Good luck to ye." He turns and heads back to where Vincenzo is seated at the bar, obviously a little off put, but quickly recovering. "Rats. No job. So where were we?" He's only distracted from the story Vincenzo wishes to tell by the gentle jingle of gold coin as the wizard pays his newest employee, but then turns back to get the story.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Nervously twirling a lock of dark brunette hair around her finger as she listens, Tamarie makes mental note of the drunk wizard's instructions, muttering bits with him as he continues. "Boar's ridge… east road… kobold brothers… necro… summoner… Devlin… Mudzum… Darvus… horse…" Nodding with each re-iteration, she holds her hand out to catch the initial payment, neatly stowing the coins in her belt pouch without ever removing them from the container in which they came.

Asked about her name, the dark haired songweaver replies, "Tamarie, sir. Or, Tamarie Lyssa Genaux, fully said, anyway. And thank you, I won't let you down!" With that, she excitedly rushes out of inn.

A couple minutes later, Tamarie re-enters the inn. Looking a little sheepish, she fishes her backpack from where she set it by the bar, and heads for the door again, only stopping by Grunger to express feeling for his disappointment and give him an attaboy. Finally assembled, she heads for the door once again.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel had just managed to pick up the crystal flute, and was poised to drink it, when Cratchen came back into the common room.

He paused, looked to the wine, then frowned.

"We've only barely been talking and now you expect me to go get my head lopped off on an adventure to earn your respect?" he says to his beverage, incredulous. "Now you're just being spiteful. You want this little trip, you can take it with me." He promptly downs the wind, then places the crystal back on the table.

Nodding in satisfaction, the gear-laden man clanks his way over to the half open door.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[section]
Turning towards the patrons of the establishment, "Now that I got the kids out the way, who here is capable of going on a real death defying mission. I got a bounty that pays well. And it ain't been paid yet. Well, no one that has tried has returned. If you can't wrestle with a troll, or knock out a bone devil's teeth, this job 'tis too much for you. But if you are brave, talented and lucky, the money is good."

"Thoze that are interested, come see m.m.me over there in my office. Well, Grog's office. Y'all know what I mean."

The old wizard makes his way to the backroom that he had come out of just moments ago. He has left the door half open for those that are curious.
[/section]
[sblock=Recruiting]Also opening recruitment for From Whence None Return which I am a little late on getting rolling. Levels 6-9. Do to the vacation timing, I will be squeezing in Lem automatically assuming DT wants in. Lem will just be a little quiet the first week or so.[/sblock]

Vincenzo is luck with the drunken dwarvin warrior exiting at the same time as work is called out.

"Hey Troops! Work has found us!" then to the tipsy wizard, "Better lucky then good!" He heads to the 'office' with the remains of his mug of ale in hand.

"Maui sylla, Lem! its time to . . . . ."the rest is lost due to him being in the thick walled room with sound dampening stone walls.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"I may not be lucky, but I'm getting used to death defying, and maybe that troll will go down easier after a fireball or two. I'm in."

Menik takes his mug of mead with him as he heads to Grog's office.

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
Watching the Venzan swordsman get up and head to the back room for a job offer, Grunger takes a deep swig of his beer, shouting at the wizard leading the pack. "No job and now no story? Wat's a dwarf to do?" He grumbles under his breath as a few more head for the back room, laying eyes on those that are left.

Aura

Explorer
Commander Jacobson
Early in the evening, a woman enters the bar. Obviously human, about 5'2", in her mid thirties and fully dressed out in White Cloak regalia, she looks almost out of place with such a display of formality. Scanning the room for a moment with her hand resting on the hilt to her well weathered short sword, she heads for the bar and gets Grog's attention. The two quietly converse for a few minutes, and she goes to a table and, standing behind a chair, makes an announcement to the room:

"Seeking small team of adventurers for short term job for the city of Venza. Expect to be out of town for almost a week. Previous experience recommended, but not required. Pay grade dependent on qualifications. I'll be here to consider your qualifications. Thank you."

The White Cloak then pulls a chair out, sits down and waits.

[sblock=Recruiting Levels 1-3]This recruitment is for Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3. Adventurers levels 1-3 welcome. Like parts 1 and 2, this is a smallish adventure in terms of length. Participation in previous parts is not required.[/sblock]

Remove ads