[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas looks the group over and must admit he likes the look of them. Hawk with that exaggeratedly large sword, Joren with his crossbow, and the Dwarf Grunger with his axes, yes this is a group that could do well in a battle allowing him to offer aid from the back. Smiling he greets them. "Well met my friends. I am Cruendithas. A fine group it is that has come together for this um search. And yes Commander Jacobson of the Incudine district, I have a bit of magic about me. No fireballs to level the city mind you but I can make things unpleasant for someone who means harm to my friends or to offer aid to my friends in need."

Fobok

First Post
Nodding to Commander Jacobson, Joren opens his mouth to say something when the dwarf arrives. He offers Grunger a friendly smile in greeting, nodding to him. "Hello." He then looks back to Jacobson and says, "This is my first job, unless you count chores at the temple, but I can handle myself."

He looks back to Cruendithas, curious, but this seems to remind him that Jacobson would probably want to know, so he adds, "I'm a magic-user as well." Perhaps strangely, he sounds and looks almost like he's admitting fault.

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
Grunger pats Joren on the back approvingly, "Nothin' wrong with it being yer first time, lad. I remember my first time… goblins! And lissen to this, there be goblins in our future right now! But the one thing I learned," he points to his own blonde-topped head, "is they are fast, but go down easy. I killed several, one shot, with this very axe!" He pulls his axe from over his shoulder and lays it before him, smiling broadly.

[sblock=Perception Checks]Anyone with Bab +1 and the ability to use an axe may roll perception. Anyone with Craft skill that would apply to axes may roll that skill.[/sblock]

[sblock=Moving To Private Soon]I'm stalling a little to make sure we get everyone, particularly those from ROUS 2. However, I don't want to muddle the DWI role-play too much, even though it's slow otherwise, so we'll be adjourning to the Meeting Room (and beginning of the game thread) very soon(™).[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

[sblock=Roll]Perception check (1d20+7=17)[/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fobok

First Post
Joren's eyes widen just slightly, impressed by the boast and really having not much clue about either axes or goblins to judge its accuracy. "Brilliant! How many goblins have you fought? Not just those you killed in a single blow, I mean, but in all," he adds with a grin.

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
The dwarf scoops the weapon back up off the table and slings it over his shoulder as he responds to Joren's question, almost looking serious for a moment. "Dozen-ish, or so. Hah! You lose track after the first few, little sub-Dwarven blighters! And most of them I wasn't alone, although I'm used to running with a dwarf squad, but this is Venza!"

Meanwhile, the Commander seems content to watch the exchange.

[sblock=Hawk Only]The axe had some decoration to it, but the quality didn't look special/masterwork.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas nods to Joren as if acknowledging some sort of brotherhood as the man states he has some magic about him as well. Thinking it odd that he sounded almost guilty he thinks to get the story later and turns his attention to the dwarf. "Quite amazing Master Dwarf. I am sure we are in for some adventure as well."

[sblock=perception check]
perception check 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18
[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
Joren grins at Grunger's description and then nods in agreement with Cruendithas, still smiling. "Just getting away from the temple is interesting. I can't wait to see what it's like on the job, fighting evil like in the stories."

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
From across the room comes the powerful voice of the barkeep, who has kept a watchful eye and attentive ear on the group for some time now. "Jus you be smart, kid," he begins, setting a glass on the counter, "Dis good and bad stuff is lot harder in real world dan story." He throws his towel up over his shoulder and turns to set the glass in a row on the back shelf.

Remove ads