[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich waits untill Marla comes to bring him a Refil of ale and then asks, "Haf you seen der Schatten Wolf , Boots?"

FrancisJohn

Explorer
What the fish man says is reasonable, but... "My trust must be earned." As quickly as Siddhartha sat down, there is no hesitation as he gets back up and follows the man in the White Cloak. He looks back at Kepli, an almost invitation for her to follow. Galen Parsons, commander of the local police....

[sblock=Untrained Roll for Local Knowledge (max 5)]Knowledge Local: 1D20-2 = [18]-2 = 16
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
[section]Peeking over the bar and watching reactions to the White Cloak's offer, the grizzled barkeep motions the Inn's newest patrons into the back room with a waving turkey drumstick. He speaks with an uncharacteristically hushed and hurried voice, "Go, go, go. Git in dere an be nice. He no reject greenies."[/section]

Marla the Barmaid
The main room emptying out, Marla makes the rounds for her familiar patrons. Refilling Heinrich's mug, she thinks a moment. "I haven't seen him. An entire crowd of newcomers and Boots missed his shot at free beer. I figured his newcomer-with-beer sense was good for at least 10 miles." She shrugs and wanders off a few steps before stopping and looking over her shoulder, "Oh, and no fire summons or spells, hotshot. I'm waiting to mop that up until after the mer-man leaves. Don't want to have to do it more than once."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli doesn't exactly squirm under the glassy stare of the merfolk but she is obviously discomfited.

"You are welcome..." She would say more but the White Cloak comes into the Inn and there is a squawk of an angry seagull outside and Kepli slides down in her seat, almost as if she feels responsible. She listens as the man has his say and she perks up and scrambles for the pack she shoved under the table so that by the time Siddhartha beckons her she's got the weighty pack perched on her shoulders. She hurries after, the last of the five showing interest in the White Cloak's offer.

[/section]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich looks to the Whitecoat and salutes him with his mug and returns to where his attention was before, the flames.
[roll0]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Standing up to join in, Charity finds herself looking into a rather populated meeting room. A look of disappointment is followed by a friendly smile as she gives a farewell gesture to some of her newfound friends. Some of the sharpest ears pick up a whispered, "Fare thee well," before she steps away from the door and disappears from sight.

Back in the main room, Cortesia's guard wanders to the bar. Leaning against it, she watches the room casually, her attention perking at the interchange between the barmaid and fire mage.

Scott DeWar

Back in the main room, Cortesia's guard wanders to the bar. Leaning against it, she watches the room casually, her attention perking at the interchange between the barmaid and fire mage.

not to mention how the fire in the fire place seems to mimic, or more accurately - mock - the barmaid's movements.

Scott DeWar

ooc: that's right, no loitering for the "no loitering" gang! [HA!]

ic: After a while the fire mage is satisfied from being fed and watered with ale, rises and walks toward the door. "I be back Fraulein Marla!"

Last edited:

Remove ads