[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich finishes his goblet of wine, stands and walks to the bar, "I be bach, Grok. I go to pearl." He exits, this time walking the whole time through the city. If any one give him any strange looks he smiles and winks.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande had remained serenely calm as the wizened old man commented about members of her Order and their lack of wisdom and giving in to vices. She too had seen others vulnerable to pride and arrogance.

But an apology came soon after and she inclined her head slightly in acceptance. “I can understand. Think nothing of it, no offense was taken where none was intended.” She was not especially wise herself, but Helerion was no stranger to guiding her champions.

“At first I was only seeking to know what happened and to learn if I should head there myself. Your companion has amply answered my question and now that would appear to be unnecessary.”

“But learning more about evil foes and demons to better fight them is always a good education.”
She had a fierce look in her eyes that matched the anticipation that broke over her calm expression. She was a warrior at heart; there was little doubt.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa strides into the Dunn Wright, the white of her cloak still marred with some stains of mud from the practice field she recently left. Her normal air of dignified service to a higher power is undermined by a look of bitter outrage that lacks a target. She fails to notice the recently-arrived Heinrich as she makes her way up to the bar.

"Have you Rornian whiskey?" she asks the half-orc barkeep. At his grunted assent, she tosses gold and a ceramic beer stein on the counter. "Fill this, if you please."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra Longstrider

~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra, who had been quietly sipping his ale as Melisande repeated what he told her earlier, suddenly looked more attentive when Melisande asked Relic to go over how to better fight demons. His eyes seemed to harden from his clear blue to a steel grey, but whether it was a trick of the candle light it was hard to tell.

"I have some questions actually. Specifically, about demon anatomy. Where can I place my shots so they are more effective at killing demons? I found that I was not hitting them hard enough to deal any real damage, unless I clustered my shots. Also, what is the difference between a demodand and a demon? I vaguely remember Anarion saying there is a difference, but I couldn't understand him. Or his other voice. "

[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ In the Common Room ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had been sitting at the bar, perched on a stool. The brown haired man had been in Venza for some time now, unable to find any traces of that lead on Haleen’s whereabouts. But if she had been in the adventurer hangout at one point, someone was bound to have seen her. If she actually went out on some mission or quest, then it could take weeks.

In the meantime, he was considering doing the same. After all of this time, Barlo did not think Haleen wanted to be found and he needed money as well. He was dressed much like several of the other patrons; wearing sturdy clothes and a mithral shirt underneath. He had a number of little magical items about his person; rings, a headband, an amulet, a circlet, and belt. Nearly all of his weapons were finely made; there were a pair of whips coiled on his belt and a rapier. He also had two folded nets in pouches on his belt. To the trained eye, Barlo appeared to be a fairly experienced adventurer.

As the woman (Larissa) next to him ordered a whiskey, he glanced at her with some surprise and an arched eyebrow. She had the look of a warrior, but she was obviously ticked about something.

As the half-orc poured without comment, Barlo quipped with a disarming smile as he swiveled to face her, “Milady, that stuff is likely to put some hair on your chest.”

“I am not sure you would not want to be plucking them from your lovely skin, heh.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
The tall priestess looks over at Barlo with the air of one contemplating a killing spree and trying to decide if the stranger rates "bystander" or "victim". "I'll put or pluck hair wherever I choose," she tells him coolly. "And you'll keep your tongue civil. I've no patience to spare for you."

Larissa

Weapons:
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]

Spells prepared:

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 12/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3[/sblock]

A halfling most curious unassumingly enters the room, then saunters up to the bar. The only way the bartender would know that Francis John III had arrived is that his unkempt bird's nest that one calls hair protrudes over the counter top. He signals over to the familiar half-orc. "Groggy bear! Three snifters of brandy please, and make it on the quick." The halfling tosses a few coins on the bar in anticipation of the libations he so desires. After Grog wordless acquiesces to the request, Francis unpacks his pipe, fills it up, and blows delightful smoke rings into the air. As they make their way and collect near the top of the common room, Francis looks around the tavern to see who his new potential friends are.

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

The door swings open and Devlin step threw to the sound of talking and rambunctious behaviour throughout the inn's main dining area. "Ahh, it is good to be back," he says pushing his glasses farther up his noes. He steps towards the bar and prepares to get a drink as he sees a fellow halfling sitting waiting for his drinks.

"Good day to you brother. How goes the travelling? I have not seen many others of our kind in some time." Devlin looks to the barkeep and raises a finger to indicate his desire for a tasty beverage."Only company I have had of late was a very interesting dwarf, a couple of human's who were "holy men" and a lovely elfish maiden whose voice was quite something to behold. Not to mention a few skeletons and a lovely kobold who was cabable of making the most fascinating machine to place himself inside of what seemed a man size bull monster. In fact, it still perplexes me how that contraption worked. Could he have devised an instrument to..." Devlin strays off as he pulls out a piece of paper and starts going over notes and ledgers he had taken from the journey.

[sblock=ooc] Glad to be back to the inn and looking forward to some new and amazing adventures! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 5/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity USED

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wounds (USED) 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
A man wearing a heavy cloak enters the main room, steps inside just far enough that people can still get around him, throws the cloak to reveal that he is completely naked underneath save for a loincloth and looks like a painter dumped an entire table of paint on him, as he is covered from head to toe (his loincloth included) with paint of varying colors, patterns, and tattoos of various shapes and sizes. After calling a waitress over and handing her a bag of gold without saying a word, he strikes a pose that allows the loincloth to do it's job while still standing right by the entrance so that only one person can enter the room at a time and no one could possibly miss seeing him, saying nothing and not moving a muscle. The waitress looks at the barkeep with a look of pure confusion on her face.

OOC: This is the initial setup for Children of the Mud. Until that party shows up, others can feel free to interact with the crazy man if they are bored.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa looks at the brightly-painted wild man, then back at her mug. She glances around the room, relieved to find other patrons staring at the newcomer.

Oh, good, they see him too, she concludes. She takes another pull of her whiskey, reflecting that the Dunn Wright is perhaps not the place to go when one actually wants to drink in peace.

Larissa

Weapons:

Spells prepared:

[/sblock]

Remove ads