[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
In a private room

"Well..." began Relic, as he pulled out a tome and thumped it on the table. Relic then gave a detailed lecture (with diagrams and drawings included) about the ins and outs of demonology that was interesting, informative but above all ... lengthy.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding to Qalabash, Charity begins a slow, even, quiet chatter for the benefit of the wolf. "Are you a friend of Aradra? I know where Aradra is, would you like me to show you?" With that, the young Venzan slowly gets up and steps away from the table a few feet, gauging the animal for reaction while continuing to talk to him. "Aradra is this way, big puppy... over here."

Watching the wolf for reactions, Charity adds for the benefit of Qalabash and Master Shrike, "He seems to key on the name, let's see how far that gets us..."

jackslate45

First Post
~In the Common Area~
The wolf watches Charity carefully, and when she said that she could show it where Aradra was the wolf seemed to incline his head a little, as if it were nodding. Although that might also be because Charity was getting up from her seat. However, once the other red haired person in the room said to offer the wolf something to drink, the wolf actually looked at the red haired male with his head tilted to one side before snorting loudly, and turning back to Charity.

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

During most of Relic's presentation, Aradra tried to get a question in, but most of the time was silenced by Relic pulling out another diagram of a demon, and going over the basic anatomy of it. Eventually, the steel grey in his eyes returned to their former blue, and there they stayed for the rest of the presentation. On and on Relic went, talking about the weak points of the Ghalazbu, how to successfully steel your self against Succubi, why Dregs can be nasty en masse. Every demon was different Aradra realized, and depending on which one your fight had different weaknesses. Trying to keep them all together made Relic all the more impressive. It made Aradra's brain hurt.

At the end of it however, Aradra had a better idea as to how to place his shots for the next time he comes across a demon. He scratched at his head, more hoping that it would help relieve his headache, but Aradra knew better than that.

"I have to say, that was more informative than most of the other briefings I have had. Thanks again Relic."

His forgotten ale had turned warm by now, but Aradra still took a sip of it anyway, before saying "I think I understand now that without that wand of yours, we probably would not have had the success we did retaking that fort. Being able to focus fire those demons probably saved us more times than I care to admin."

[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande had the patience of a saint and listened politely during the entire time the wizened old man droned on and on and on about the creatures. She was learning more than she bargained for and it was all useful.

Though for her personally, she was prepared for such creatures already. Her holy weapon was effective again all evil outsiders, demons and devils alike. But she was not always fighting alone and it was unlikely any fellow heroes she chose to fight alongside from the tavern would be able to call upon Helerion to smite the evil foes either.

“Thank you for taking the time to explain, Relic. No doubt a fount of information was quite indispensable under the circumstances. My Order is not exactly known for being knowledgeable in a wide variety of things.”

“Now that you two are back to Venza, have you made plans?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 12/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3[/sblock]

As the sharp bite of brandy finishes its journey, Francis continues conversing with his new halfling friend. "Truly amazing story! Skeletons, magic kobolds, that bull creature, traps, trap doors! I would have signed up for that. My last group just actually passed by the fort on the way to Tritower." He peers over to the painted main. "Time to see what his deal is."

The frivolous halfling confidently approaches the strange newcomer, the one covered head to toe in a mural of paint. Francis looks up, giving him a thorough examination without a word. After staring at him for a few moments, he does the unthinkable. He gives him a right proper poke square in the belly. The perils of liquid courage.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The strange painted man starts miming in place as he is poked, starting out reasonably calm before coming more and more manic, almost knocking out a couple of folks trying to leave, as well as the halfling that poked him. At that point, a couple of the bouncers forcefully move him to the stage where he can thrash around all he wants without hurting himself or anybody else in the process. What follows is a very bizarre "show" of manic miming in place and standing stock still at uneven intervals. A few of the staff watch for a bit to see if he's drunk, crazy, or both, but otherwise show little interest or concern in the man's presence.

Remove ads