Customizable 4-panel Vinyl Clear-Pocketed Landscape GM Screen

Would you participate in the GM Screen Kickstarter project?

• Yes! A great deal for 2 GM Screens.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Maybe. If enough people pitched in.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No. I don't like/need/want this type of GM screen.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Not Exactly. I have some different ideas posted below.

Votes: 2 6.7%

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
It's a $5 bump from the original question. Not sure I can finagle the higher pledge numbers.

I like the retailer idea. I need to see how Kickstarter lets me organize this thing. Basically, if a retailer nabs say 5 pledges, then sends me the one email address, the shipping is going to be cheaper for the one package...

Not sure about free shipping. I could see myself getting drowned in fees and this turning into a huge loss for me. I am not wealthy. :-D

It's a ten to twelve dollar bump because the question never explained there would also be shipping on top of the $25. You won't get drowned in fees if you just figure out the tipping point correctly on how many pledges you'd need to include the shipping.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Project is submitted for review!

So. What number of pledges should I shoot for (this is people at $30 a piece for TWO screens!!)?

Option 1) 167

Option 2) 117

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
It's a ten to twelve dollar bump because the question never explained there would also be shipping on top of the $25. You won't get drowned in fees if you just figure out the tipping point correctly on how many pledges you'd need to include the shipping.

I have some wiggle room calculated mostly because the manufacturer warns a overage/underage of 7% for both manufacturing and shipping charges (delivering the stuff to me).

I will take any "overages" in the Kickstarter and break them out over the pledges as a "credit" in the shopping cart to be applied to shipping. My hope is that will cover the most common USPS shipping on the screens for most pledges. Once the project is complete (and successful), I will share the numbers and the shipping credit.

This way, we can make sure that a) I can get the manufacturing ordered b) I can get the stuff shipped to me c) I can purchase the shipping supplies needed (boxes and tape).

I consider organizing a project like this to be "handling other people's money" and want to ensure in any way I can it will be successful. If the pledges agree to pay shipping and I agree to apply any extra money to a shipping credit, we have an understanding that will give everyone a fair shake.

Thoughts?

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
It looks like they already do. I'm looking at the Hammerdog page now, and they have an 11x8.5 landscape option at the bottom.

Well that's new. It doesn't accommodate A4 paper.

Maybe my little project inspired some merchandising changes? :-D

There is no "code" on the product. Is it available to order or is this a placeholder?

Perram

Explorer
Well that's new. It doesn't accommodate A4 paper.

Maybe my little project inspired some merchandising changes? :-D

There is no "code" on the product. Is it available to order or is this a placeholder?

I bought the Hammerdog screen at GenCon this year. So they are available. They need to keep their site updated more, however.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Folks. I am not going ahead with the Kickstarter. I spoke with the folks over at Hammerdog Games, and I don't want to hijack business from a small game company! They have some great products and I want to support that.

So, I am going to nab one of the landscape screens. :-D Maybe one of the mini ones as well (because they look cool).

I hope you will join me in supporting Hammerdog Games. Thanks!!

Remove ads