Customizable 4-panel Vinyl Clear-Pocketed Landscape GM Screen

Would you participate in the GM Screen Kickstarter project?

• Yes! A great deal for 2 GM Screens.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Maybe. If enough people pitched in.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No. I don't like/need/want this type of GM screen.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Not Exactly. I have some different ideas posted below.

Votes: 2 6.7%

Oryan77

Adventurer
The "type" of DM screen was never the important issue for me (although the clear inserts is a nice idea). The info that is provided on the screen is what was always my problem. Either half of the info on a screen was great, but then the other half was a complete waste. Or, everything on it was useful, but there was barely anything on it.

The only D&D product I ever bought that really pissed me off was the so called "Deluxe" DM Screen for 3.5. That was the only product I ever wrote a review for because it was so bad, so expensive, and I was so excited to get it. I think I said something like, "The only thing "deluxe" about it is the price." I sure hope my review kept a lot of people from buying it. :p So I made my own 3.5 DM screen (linked in my sig) and I still use it. There is probably 3 times the amount of useful info on my screen than that damn "Deluxe" piece of garbage. :lol:

I'd probably get a clear DM Screen with inserts if I wasn't so fond of my Planescape DM Screen that I use to tape my custom DM Screen information on. The inserts definitely have their advantage.

scourger

Explorer
No. I have the customizable GM screen from Pinnacle that is 3 panels in landscape which does the job I want a landscape screen to do. If I were to get another, I would want portrait orientation because most of the books I would copy pages for the inserts will be in portrait format. A four panel portrait layout would be better for me. Four panels of landscape is too long and not the right orientation for pages.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
No. I have the customizable GM screen from Pinnacle that is 3 panels in landscape which does the job I want a landscape screen to do. If I were to get another, I would want portrait orientation because most of the books I would copy pages for the inserts will be in portrait format. A four panel portrait layout would be better for me. Four panels of landscape is too long and not the right orientation for pages.
As mentioned, something like that is already available from HammerDog. :) It is a very nice, very solid screen.

I just prefer landscape.

The Auld Grump

Holy Bovine

First Post

My Sunday DM uses both the 4 panel customizable portrait and the 4E landscape screen. This gives him the ease of use of the customizable screen while still enabling him to see the battlemat during a fight (he has the 4 custom screen set up but off center of his chair so he's looking over the landscape screen). It's how I'll do my DM set up in the future.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
...Are you worried someone is going to run off with your money?

LOL! No.:D

But, I don't like buying anything until I get to see and approve of the finished product. I've learned that one the hard way.

What if you hit your mark, my charge automatically comes out, but I don't like the quality of the end product. Will there be a final chance to opt out before items are actually sent? I'd doubt it as allowing that on a large scale could tank you after you've put money into the product.

Also, I may have the money available right now, but the charge won't be until you hit your mark. That leaves me unable to know when the money is actually coming out. That might happen when I no longer have the extra money for it...

But, if you make a good product, and it appears to be of sufficient quality, I'll buy it...but in my time frame.:)

I have one of the Hammerdog screens also...but I so want a landscape version. You make it, and I'll buy it.

Last edited:

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Some general answers and updates;

The price will need to be $30.00 for two screens during the pledge to raise enough money. Shipping will be paid by the purchaser. I am planning on using a shopping cart system on my website to facilitate that.

The 4-panel portrait screen available has rave reviews from purchasers, so I don't need to duplicate that effort. I want to offer an alternative that fits with something I really want for myself! I am hoping there are a bunch of others out there who want one as well.

I need to look at the Pathfinder license, but I want to make a PF OGL four screen landscape insert and post it to my website. I currently have a True20 screen available. I am also currently working on one for Eclipse Phase and BRP.

Once the initial pledge is done, I will offer single screens for sale at the $29.95 price point. So getting in on the pledge gets you two screens for the price of one!

I will should be ready to setup the Kickstarter this weekend, pending how well the setup for the shopping cart goes. :D

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Interesting idea, but I'd have little-to-no use for landscape as I like to clip pieces of paper (usually not written in landscape) to the back of my screen and landscape would be too short.

I use a 6-panel (two old-school 3-panel jobs clipped together) vertical screen in a wooden base my SO built for me as a gift many years ago. Sometimes it's still not big enough for what I need at a given time but I'm already using all the space I've got available.

Lan-"I think we're going to need a bigger house"-efan

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Would you be willing to pledge $25 for two screens?

The price will need to be $30.00 for two screens during the pledge to raise enough money. Shipping will be paid by the purchaser.

That's probably about a ten or twelve dollar bump from the original question. You might lose some people doing that so you might want to consider increasing the number of persons you need to pledge for the drive instead. You might also increase the number of subscribers by opening the pledging up to retailers and allow them to pledge for two, four, six, etc., essentially getting the screens for stock at 45% of the MSRP with free shipping.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
That's probably about a ten or twelve dollar bump from the original question. You might lose some people doing that so you might want to consider increasing the number of persons you need to pledge for the drive instead. You might also increase the number of subscribers by opening the pledging up to retailers and allow them to pledge for two, four, six, etc., essentially getting the screens for stock at 45% of the MSRP with free shipping.

It's a $5 bump from the original question. Not sure I can finagle the higher pledge numbers.

I like the retailer idea. I need to see how Kickstarter lets me organize this thing. Basically, if a retailer nabs say 5 pledges, then sends me the one email address, the shipping is going to be cheaper for the one package...

Not sure about free shipping. I could see myself getting drowned in fees and this turning into a huge loss for me. I am not wealthy. :-D

Remove ads